Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good News: Schottenheimer will be fired after week 6 or 16 IMO

All Pro
    I am far from a Shotty fan and can't wait for him to get axed but Oakland was not his fault.

Sanchez threw a God awful INT
    Cro made a god awful play on that kickoff
    Defense got gashed on 3 big plays
    OL Couldn't block worth a lick

Get over yourself please. Shotty has made some blunders but this wasn't one of them

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Herp derp

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4165956]the game was tied at the half. granted the defense gave up 34 but the offense disappeared for long stretches in the game. sanchez throws the int. it's on sanchez but what was the thinking behind the play that was called. they have plax, throw it to the corner and let plax make the play. how about the goal line debacle at the end? 1 st and goal and they can't get it in. the whole point is this offense is not improving much over last season and this was before mangold got hurt. they have injuries or wayne hunter as their excuse now, what about when mangold comes back and/or ducasse replaces hunter? how about running some screen passes or other plays that work against a pass rush. other teams seem to have no problem against pressure. all of schitty's, whther it be chad or favre or now sanchez do. can't blame bad coaching on bad players.[/QUOTE]

I do understand alot of what you say here, and fwiw, i disagree with some of the offensive playcalls too.

For Example, I agree some more screens with LT, or some edge running with Greene would have been nice to see on SUN....Also (maybe somebody can affirm this for me), but it seems to me alot of the passes are in the intermediate range (in front of the safeties). I know Sanchez isnt Marino, but i would like to see an attempt at a deep pass 1 or 2x a game to stretch the field and keep the safeties honest...it seems all these intermediate routes are clogging up the field for Keller?

right and the point is that we've seen this for 5 full seasons. i don't think i'd advocate launching him midseason but it's plenty clear that his welcome is being worn out. there are better oc's and schitty is doing himself a diservice by staying with one team for soooo long.

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;4165968]I do understand alot of what you say here, and fwiw, i disagree with some of the offensive playcalls too.

For Example, I agree some more screens with LT, or some edge running with Greene would have been nice to see on SUN....Also (maybe somebody can affirm this for me), but it seems to me alot of the passes are in the intermediate range (in front of the safeties). I know Sanchez isnt Marino, but i would like to see an attempt at a deep pass 1 or 2x a game to stretch the field and keep the safeties honest...it seems all these intermediate routes are clogging up the field for Keller?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jetster;4165873]How many times do we have to explain to the Shotty defenders that it is a combination of Schemes that suck + his absolute horrible ability to call plays that maintain any kind of rhythm to the offense whatsoever.

MY God, I don't even think Shotty HAS a running play for 3rd & 2 anymore! Can we ever run form the spread?
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Instead we get tight formation, horrible play fake to the running back, sprint right, 1 effing WR & 1 Stone handed Mulligan as the only players available to Sanchez!
    ooooooooor, we have a 2 step drop with a pass into double coverage to a 6'-5" wide out thrown at his knees! And don't start blaming Sanchez!

Shottenheimer can't TEACH & his schemes BLOW CHUNKS! What, they don't have a sprint & turn , throw high & let Plax out muscle a 5'-9" corner?

OF COURSE NOT! Because Shotty is an idiot!

Did you all feel confident when he ran the wildcat with Kerley last week?
    I had a room full of people laughing our asses off!
    Why would anyone feel that with Raiders tearing our oline up that we would have any success with that crap?

How about the roll out to his left? Sheer brilliance! Mark Sanchez has actually been playing pretty well this year considering how handicapped he is by both the crappy line play & ESPECIALLY SHOTTENHEIMER!

If Shotty is SOOOO GOOD, why would Rex bring in a MENTOR in Moore?
    I am so sick of the New York Jets being Shottys pet project for 5 years with no discernable results!
    Just look to Buffalo & Chan Gailey to see a real OC get to work.[/QUOTE]

Excellently stated and thought out.

This clown won't have a leg to stand on pretty soon.

So many of those games that Sanchez had to win in the final minutes last year, probably won't happen this year. Remember that if just 1 of those games turned the wrong way last year - NO Play-offs. Luck never runs all one way all the time. There will be a reversion the mean over time.

This Sunday in Baltimore should be a disaster for his Offense (I hope not..but that's how I see it)....I think even some of his few supporters will finally see the light after this Sunday night.:yes:

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;4165857]We'll need 41 to beat New England? Really? Could have sworn they failed to break 21 against us in two of three games last year.[/QUOTE]

We're #31 run D ;) + Cro is a schmo (vs. Brady)

All League
    The defense has sucked so far anyway, but until recently I always thought the weak link on this team was the offense, and that being said the weakest link on the offense IMO was Shotty, and thus I've never been in Shotty's corner.

I think this will be his last year also (if not forced out, maybe he gets a better offer), but ask yourself.....is Rex holding back the offense and Shotty just following orders now?

Schroy threads are terrible.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D1cap6yETA[/url]

Sopne,

Not to piss you off or anything, but 24 hours BEFORE you posted this thread, I already posted that Schotty would be fired on Monday Oct 10th at 11am sharp.

That is the day after our week #5 game vs the Gaytriots.

B.