Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggs, Ravens would love nothing better than to shut up Rex Ryan

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Didnt you hear? Screw Suggs, the Jets just inked Maybin.
    LOL!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Didnt you hear? Screw Suggs, the Jets just inked Maybin.
    I don't think anybody said Maybin is better than Suggs.

Hall Of Fame
    OH GOD - SANCHEZ IS GONNA GET KILLED! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!! ARGGGG!

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I don't think anybody said Maybin is better than Suggs.

Lighten up Francis.

And how do we know Maybin isn't going to be better than Suggs? Sure Suggs has made his bones in this business, but from what I am reading and hearing about Maybin, he just didn't do well with the Bills. It never helps when jackwad beat writers & fans pile on the "bust label" so that anywhere you go a bad rap follows you, but if Rex thinks he can teach this new dog old tricks, I believe he can do it.

Maybin said the Jets indicated when they cut him that they would be interested in bringing him back this season. “At the end of the day, I understand that football is a business,” Maybin said. “I understand the fact that the team is in a position where they needed guys at certain positions. Even though I had made certain contributions in the preseason, they still needed guys to come in and fill roles that they just didn’t have at that point in time.”

The Jets liked his athletic abilities and Ryan repeatedly said he was excited about Maybin’s speed and potential as a pass-rushing outside linebacker before they cut him. Maybin had 2 1-2 sacks in the preseason, including 1 1-2 in the Jets’ preseason finale against Philadelphia.

“We kind of liked what we saw,” Ryan said, adding that it’s “a possibility” Maybin could play Sunday at Baltimore.

“I was ready to play yesterday,” Maybin said with a grin.

I've been saying this since the day they hired Rex Ryan, he's not just building a team, he's building an army.