Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets WR Santonio Holmes hopes offense can adjust quicker against Ravens' 'D'

Stop the Jets passing game? Double Holmes. End game.

Plaxico is useful when you are at the other teams 20 yard line when you can toss it up for him. Edwards is a bigger loss than some people think. A year of chemistry with the QB plus off season work outs, a lot of big plays, ran the slant well.

We can still go to Keller but what happens when the Ravens double holmes with Ed Reed lurking on every play? What do the experts on this site suggest, force throws to holmes or do something else?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

interesting find from Kelly's thread:

[QUOTE]LT thinks opponents are hip to run scheme
    Sept., 29, 2011 - by Rich Cimini

LaDainian Tomlinson introduced a new theory on why the Jets' vaunted ground game is sputtering: He believes their plays and schemes might be predictable.

"I think people have scouted us well," Tomlinson said Thursday. "There are different plays where they may know the depth of the running back and they'll know, 'Okay, this is what's coming.' We've heard that from people."

People ?

"Some opponents have told us that," he said. "When you talk to guys around the league after the game, like, 'Hey, what's up?' They're like, 'We were looking at your guys' depth. When you're deep, it's a run. When you're close, it's a pass.' Certain things like that. Defenses, they pick up on that stuff."

The Jets are averaging 82 rushing yards per game and 3.4 per attempt. A year ago, they averaged 148.4 and 4.4.[/QUOTE]

> [url]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-to-run-scheme[/url]

Banned
    [QUOTE=shuler82;4166760]interesting find from Kelly's thread:

> [url]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-to-run-scheme[/url][/QUOTE]

So basically he's saying the offensive coordinator is a moron.

LT just doesn't know football.
    Last edited by Captain Howdy; 09-30-2011 at 01:37 PM.

All Pro

Let the revolt begin.

Banned
    [QUOTE=IRONFAN 40;4166857]Let the revolt begin.[/QUOTE]

<crickets>

All Pro

I remember reading about this a few years back ... this issue was present in the pre-Sanchez and Thomas Jones days. A few years later, and we still have the same dumb, predictable tendencies.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=fidelioion;4166040]This is NOT good teammate Holmes going after Schotty because he doesn't like the "Game Plan"

This is SELFISH Holmes being upset that he's not getting the ball enough!

Please don't let selfishness be confused with a true concern with the OC!!![/QUOTE]

I think you are right! It is the way Santonio always has been.

Banned
    [QUOTE=parafly;4166879]I remember reading about this a few years back ... this issue was present in the pre-Sanchez and Thomas Jones days. A few years later, and we still have the same dumb, predictable tendencies.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure someone will come up with an excuse for this. They just need some time to think about it. A little patience please.

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4166896]I think you are right! It is the way Santonio always has been.[/QUOTE]

You guys are nuts. Holmes and the rest of his teammates are stepping up as a team to put Schotty on notice. I call it solidarity and trying to save the season. Plax is only here for one year; no use wasting his year.

[QUOTE=escamoter2;4167380]You guys are nuts. Holmes and the rest of his teammates are stepping up as a team to put Schotty on notice. I call it solidarity and trying to save the season. Plax is only here for one year; no use wasting his year.[/QUOTE]

The Offense Cookie is crumbling.
    What took the players so long to speak out.