Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: Would you wear this?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, I'd wear a times if it had aJets logo

13 39.39%
  • Hell no

20 60.61%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you wear this?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4167048]Why is your butlers face so close to your ass?[/QUOTE]

Am I supposed to fart in his face from across the solarium? Pfft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4167054]+1

Socks shouldn't show. Ankle socks are the standard.

Only hipster d-bags wear skinny jeans though. It's not like that's actually a popular mainstream thing -- if it were hipsters would stop wearing them.[/QUOTE]

If you wear work boots aren't they really uncomfortable? I'm not saying it's not the norm just that when I was a kid only girls wore them. There were a lot of things that were normal when I was young that I didn't do because I thought it was girly. Like leisure suits, short shorts, or Brady hair cuts. Looking back at old pictures I'm glad I didn't.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think most adults who wear watches don't wear for the time. I like a good looking watch. I don't like other jewelry at all, especially rings

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4167066]If you wear work boots aren't they really uncomfortable? I'm not saying it's not the norm just that when I was a kid only girls wore them. There were a lot of things that were normal when I was young that I didn't do because I thought it was girly. Like leisure suits, short shorts, or Brady hair cuts. Looking back at old pictures I'm glad I didn't.[/QUOTE]

If you were wearing work boots you wouldn't wear ankle socks.

Ankle socks are for when you're wearing sneakers.

Frankly, I wear black work socks to work and for the most part don't wear socks when I'm not working. Just wear top siders or flip flops. Only wear white socks when I'm going to the gym.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;4166923]$79 bucks but on sale this weekend depending on how many points the Jets score. 20 points = 20% off.

[URL=http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x354/jamesowen123/?action=view&current=ddfa5339.jpg][IMG]http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x354/jamesowen123/th_ddfa5339.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/QUOTE]

I like it and think its cool for a guy to be wearing it under two conditions. One, its worn during the regular NFL season. Two, so long as your favorite team is still in the mix for the lombardi.

Any other time is like men wearing black socks with sandals. Why do some guys do that? Socks with sandals or flip flops? Really?

Enjoy the watch, nice piece to add to your NYJet collection.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4167073]If you were wearing work boots you wouldn't wear ankle socks.

Ankle socks are for when you're wearing sneakers.

Frankly, I wear black work socks to work and for the most part don't wear socks when I'm not working. Just wear top siders or flip flops. Only wear white socks when I'm going to the gym.[/QUOTE]

Too many rules. Guys didn't have to accessorize when I was young. Well I think I'm alright for 43 but I can tell you from an outside perspective that when you look at pictures 20 years from now you'll be like I can't believe we wore those. I know guys used to think they looked good in those little shorts, and horizontally striped shirts. I do like the cargo shorts. That is one thing you kids got right. I used to just wear cut offs but now I can actually buy shorts at the store.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4167079]I like it and think its cool for a guy to be wearing it under two conditions. One, its worn during the regular NFL season. Two, so long as your favorite team is still in the mix for the lombardi.

Any other time is like men wearing black socks with sandals. Why do some guys do that? Socks with sandals or flip flops? Really?

Enjoy the watch, nice piece to add to your NYJet collection.[/QUOTE]

I've been trying to figure out why "guys" would wear sandals. Unless they live in the desert. Do white socks in sandals look better?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4167087]Too many rules. Guys didn't have to accessorize when I was young. Well I think I'm alright for 43 but I can tell you from an outside perspective that when you look at pictures 20 years from now you'll be like I can't believe we wore those. I know guys used to think they looked good in those little shorts, and horizontally striped shirts. I do like the cargo shorts. That is one thing you kids got right. I used to just wear cut offs but now I can actually buy shorts at the store.[/QUOTE]

Jean shorts :eek:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll wear it only if its used for a SCHOTTY countdown timer to firing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;4167071]I think most adults who wear watches don't wear for the time. I like a good looking watch. I don't like other jewelry at all, especially rings[/QUOTE]i don't like jewelry on men :nono:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kelly;4167096]i don't like jewelry on men :nono:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Chains are for teenagers, earrings for women and rings are annoying.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4167091]I've been trying to figure out why "guys" would wear sandals. Unless they live in the desert. Do white socks in sandals look better?[/QUOTE]

The black socks and sparticus sandals kill me. Add a pair of plaid shorts and a white tank top and you have urban man. Add the wool cap for metro urban man. It looks so unexceptional I threw a quarter in a guys coffee cup and left his jaw on the floor while his friends bust out laughing.

I think its OK for guys to wear the sport slip on style flip flop in the summer. I know a lot of the players like them and its not UNmanly to get a pedicure! For all thats good and holy clip those knarly nails if you are going open toe.

Did the OP buy the watch yet or is he waiting for Monday morning to get the discount?
    Last edited by Limolady; 09-30-2011 at 05:28 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kelly;4167096]i don't like jewelry on men :nono:[/QUOTE]
    there are a few exceptions of course ;)....
    [img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fkX3Bgu2RX0/Tf7q3YJEjxI/AAAAAAAAAGg/95MWPRX23uQ/s320/jacksparrow.jpg[/img]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4167103]The black socks and sparticus sandals kill me. Add pair of plaid shorts and a white tank top and you have urban man. Add the wool cap for metro urban man. It looks so unexceptional I threw a quarter in a guys coffee cup and left his jaw on the floor while his friends bust out laughing.

I think its OK for guys to wear the sport slip on style flip flop in the summer. I know a lot of the players like them and its UNmanly to get a pedicure! For all thats good and holy clip those knarly nails if you are going open toe.

Did the OP buy the watch yet or is he waiting for Monday morning to get the discount?[/QUOTE]
    Still undecided Limo. And although I don't do pedicures, I believe in frequent grooming ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;4167107]Still undecided Limo. And although I don't do pedicures, I believe in frequent grooming ;)[/QUOTE]

The women of the Bronx thank you for that. ;)

As for the watch, if you have a hefty wrist thats a nice watch, if not buy the traditional leather strap with team logo face instead.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an inexpensive Jets watch, but it has a silver dial. I'm not a big fan of black and green outside of a Submariner, personally. I had considered a Breitling that had a green bezel and black dial, but I instead decided to set my sights on this:

[IMG]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z444/wetworks73/Watch%20media/SOH42stratsilv.jpg[/IMG]

Here's a pic of the Jets beater that I have:

[IMG]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z444/wetworks73/My%20Watches/JetsFront.jpg[/IMG]

I'd personally go with something with a lighter colored dial, but the style you are looking at is certainly in keeping with the sport/high end mash-up stylings of Blancpain, Hublot and Audemars Piguet (rubber/carbon fiber and metal).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 23 and I love watches. I collect them actually. I would certainly wear this if I owned it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MaximusPrime;4167259]I'm 23 and I love watches. I collect them actually. I would certainly wear this if I owned it.[/QUOTE]

Do you own a Ford Edge?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4167352]Do you own a Ford Edge?[/QUOTE]

You know where this is going............