33 40.24%

29 35.37%

6 7.32%
  • over 2

14 17.07%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: POLL: Maybin sacks this week

Jets Insider VIP
    Likely 0, but I'm willing to bet he has a few pressures at least.

1 sack 1 forced fumble 1 interception 1 safety 1 touchdown 1 bourbon and 1 beer.

S. Ellis 1.5
    John Abraham 1

Oh wait, thats when we had a defense that can rush the passer.

He will have 3...

...defensive snaps

All Pro
    Maybin gets at least 2 sacks.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    2 for Maybin.

0 ... The poll should read ... How many snaps until Sanchez gets decapitated.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 10-01-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Actually Maybin had a sack as of a week ago. He probably has a sack this week too. As a matter of fact I have a sack. Does that count? If you add it all up the jets roster has 53 sacks. Plus the practice squad, the coaches and most of the personel have sacks. If you think about it we are probably pretty even with all of the other NFL teams when it comes to sacks.

I voted for 2 sacks!!

And if he doesn't get any, FIRE SCHOTTY!!

[QUOTE=WillieT;4167421]Actually Maybin had a sack as of a week ago. He probably has a sack this week too. As a matter of fact I have a sack. Does that count? If you add it all up the jets roster has 53 sacks. Plus the practice squad, the coaches and most of the personel have sacks. If you think about it we are probably pretty even with all of the other NFL teams when it comes to sacks.[/QUOTE]

Cheaters are in distinct disadvantage, as their famed QB does not have a sack.
    But they lead NFL in vaginas.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4167267]Likely 0, but I'm willing to bet he has a few pressures at least.[/QUOTE]

and what bitonti and others do not say is that in our scheme PRESSURE is highly counted upon by REX & Pettine. To them PRESSURE is the way to go as it keeps the other team confused and thinking about who is going to be coming etc. If Maybin gets several pressures Rex will be happy because it will open other players up to get in on Flacco and disrupt his timing. Id love to see a few sacks by Maybin as well. I want to see some of his critics stop their usual nonsense and start acting like Jets fans! Support our players! If the players can not cut the mustard REX will take the proper action.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=WillieT;4167291]S. Ellis 1.5
    John Abraham 1

Oh wait, thats when we had a defense that can rush the passer.[/QUOTE]

Ellis 0 Abe out with a flu bug.

If Maybin has 3 sucks in a game - I can die a happy man.

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4167446]and what bitonti and others do not say is that in our scheme PRESSURE is highly counted upon by REX & Pettine. To them PRESSURE is the way to go as it keeps the other team confused and thinking about who is going to be coming etc. If Maybin gets several pressures Rex will be happy because it will open other players up to get in on Flacco and disrupt his timing. Id love to see a few sacks by Maybin as well. I want to see some of his critics stop their usual nonsense and start acting like Jets fans! Support our players! If the players can not cut the mustard REX will take the proper action.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Bitonti. Maybin seems committed to special teams. In addition to supplying much needed pressure I say he makes an impact on special teams as well.

All League
    3.5 sacks

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4167104]Bills fans would lol at a thread like this I'm sure. Imagine if we saw poll like this for Gholston on another teams board :D[/QUOTE]

Exactly. This thread is only slightly less ridiculous than another team posting the same thing about Gholston (if he could make a team).

I'm as happy as the next guy that the Jets are trying to infuse some speed and pass rushing skills into a defense that sorely needs it, but a poll about how many sacks a guy who's never recorded a sack in his career will have reeks of desperation.

[QUOTE=WillieT;4167291]S. Ellis 1.5
    John Abraham 1

Oh wait, thats when we had a defense that can rush the passer.[/QUOTE]

drafted back to back...nice job by the jets right there. Ellis came on late but Abraham was disgusting day 1

Jets Insider VIP
    My prediction: Maybin will have as many sacks as McIntyre has tackles on ST. How's that?

Oh wait, that's right, McIntyre isn't used for tackling. He's a mind melder and makes 3 guys take him on during punts.