Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maybin expects to be active vs. Baltimore

All Pro
    Amazing the optimism for maybin, but lets hope he does something...

One thing that is in his favor is the matchup vs mckinnie. At his current age/weight, you'd have to think that his quickness is not what it once was, and he could be susceptible to a speed rush - i.e. Maybin.

Not sure if I'm just drinking the maybin coolaid on the board or if it does stand out as a good matchup for us, but seems like speed vs age and 350+ lbs is in our favor.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Amazing the optimism for maybin, but lets hope he does something...

One thing that is in his favor is the matchup vs mckinnie. At his current age/weight, you'd have to think that his quickness is not what it once was, and he could be susceptible to a speed rush - i.e. Maybin.

Not sure if I'm just drinking the maybin coolaid on the board or if it does stand out as a good matchup for us, but seems like speed vs age and 350+ lbs is in our favor.
    its not kool-aid..Its hope. Its not the name on the back..Its the acknowledgement by the Jets CS & FO (as many here have been saying for the past 2 months) the need for pass rushing help...Not only the Mabin signing but Eddie Jones to the PS

Now, I only hope Maybin and/or Jones show enough that the Jets keep them aboard all year in hope of developing them into at least a role of a pass rusher on obvious passing downs.

If the CS deems either or both as unworthy of a spot so be it. But at least they are acknowledging the need.