Thread: Why the Jets will win Sunday night

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Why the Jets will win Sunday night

Over the years I have come to expect the unexpected from the Jets but that's what makes them an exciting team to watch. I really believe the team will respond and win this game. As I watched the Oakland game again it was easy to see that we could have won that game if the players on defense weren't sleep walking and missing tackles. Some of Oaklands biggest plays were because defenders failed to make tackles that would have resulted in a loss.

Now let's hope that as the defense steps up the offense can still put some points on the board.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also think they will win. It's a cliche but I think they were looking ahead past the raiders at Balt and then NE. I think we can totally stop their offense. If Sanchez plays well and we use plays to keep balt off balance, we win.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rmeyer52;4167173]Over the years I have come to expect the unexpected from the Jets but that's what makes them an exciting team to watch. I really believe the team will respond and win this game. As I watched the Oakland game again it was easy to see that we could have won that game if the players on defense weren't sleep walking and missing tackles. Some of Oaklands biggest plays were because defenders failed to make tackles that would have resulted in a loss.

Now let's hope that as the defense steps up the offense can still put some points on the board.[/QUOTE]

did rex tell you that?:cool:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    IF Sanchez doesn't throw a pick, Schoddy UTILIZES Burress, Tone and Keller, we got a great chance, IF Ray Rice runs all over us, we're toast. :eek:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What this guy said. We really need to show we can stop Ray Rice. Although I do still fear for Sanchez's life.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can see us winning.

I can also see the Jets defense playing their hearts out and losing to a battle of FGs like 16-9.

I can see Rex full of disgust, apologies, and the usual routine promises.

Then again, I can see Flacco having a miserable day of turnovers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    These teams are almost a mirror image and obviously its going to come down to turnovers. This is going to be a close game to the end as dictated by the 3pt spread.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    So this is a positive thread for people who think the Jets will win this Sunday? I'm in.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASH_1962;4167188]did rex tell you that?:cool:[/QUOTE]

he's not wrong, you know.

we were up 10 in the first half and rolling. the defense had settled in after the first TD and were forcing the Raiders into 3-and-outs, and the offense was finding a nice rhythm.

then came the play that changed the game and gave the momentum back to Oakland: McFadden's 70-yard TD. there were two blatant holds on that run, as both Smith and Scott were tackled at the line of scrimmage and that allowed DMC to break through untouched into the open field.

the play that put the Raiders ahead for good, the Moore double-reverse, could've been easily turned into a 10-yard loss if Westerman doesn't miss the tackle in the backfield, or it could've gone for no-gain if Scott and Leonhard took better angles in pursuit.

and then there's the muffed KO return by Cromartie, that setup the Raiders in easy scoring position against a tired defense.

those are the plays that beat us last Sunday, everyone's acting like we were crushed by Oakland when in fact we had the game easily in our control and we let it slip away in a series of bad mistakes.

now everyone's talking like we're some awful team going up against the all-mighty Ravens when in fact they have a lot of the same problems and inconsistencies as we do.

i anticipate a very even game on Sunday night, and a hard-fought victory for our NY Jets :yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rmeyer52;4167173]I really believe the team will respond and win this game. [/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/laughter.gif[/IMG]

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4167230][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/laughter.gif[/IMG]

SAR I[/QUOTE]so this won't be one of our 10 regular season wins before we lose in the wild card round??

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking the team comes out motivated after getting killed this week in the media

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4167230][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/laughter.gif[/IMG]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Can we trade SAR I to JetsNation for a poster to be named later

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;4167241]so this won't be one of our 10 regular season wins before we lose in the wild card round??[/QUOTE]

Doesn't take Nostradamus to see we're 2-3 right now, going to have to go 8-3 the rest of the way to eek out the wildcard.

We need to rest Mangold and Cromartie for Miami. I'd bench Sanchez just to save his life. What's the NFL record for sacks in a single game?

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Jets have heard all the criticism this week about how they weren't prepared for Oakland, how they think they don't have to work hard, how they think they can just show up, throw their helmets out on the field, and win a game.

I think they will take that to heart and will be totally motivated and give their A+ effort this week. The Jets are going to come out fired up this week and ready to take someone's head off!

Baltimore 30, Jets 10.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4167296]Doesn't take Nostradamus to see we're 2-3 right now, going to have to go 8-3 the rest of the way to eek out the wildcard.

We need to rest Mangold and Cromartie for Miami. I'd bench Sanchez just to save his life. What's the NFL record for sacks in a single game?

SAR I[/QUOTE]our liege, nostra-SAR I-amus has spoken..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez needs to play 4 quarters without turning the ball over which he has yet to do this season.

If Sanchez takes care of the football and Schottenheimer can call a real offensive game plan then maybe we have a chance.

I am about ready to say let Bill Callahan take over the offense and fire Schottenheimer because his play calling has really been that bad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4167226]he's not wrong, you know.

we were up 10 in the first half and rolling. the defense had settled in after the first TD and were forcing the Raiders into 3-and-outs, and the offense was finding a nice rhythm.

then came the play that changed the game and gave the momentum back to Oakland: McFadden's 70-yard TD. there were two blatant holds on that run, as both Smith and Scott were tackled at the line of scrimmage and that allowed DMC to break through untouched into the open field.

the play that put the Raiders ahead for good, the Moore double-reverse, could've been easily turned into a 10-yard loss if Westerman doesn't miss the tackle in the backfield, or it could've gone for no-gain if Scott and Leonhard took better angles in pursuit.

and then there's the muffed KO return by Cromartie, that setup the Raiders in easy scoring position against a tired defense.

those are the plays that beat us last Sunday, everyone's acting like we were crushed by Oakland when in fact we had the game easily in our control and we let it slip away in a series of bad mistakes.

now everyone's talking like we're some awful team going up against the all-mighty Ravens when in fact they have a lot of the same problems and inconsistencies as we do.

i anticipate a very even game on Sunday night, and a hard-fought victory for our NY Jets :yes:[/QUOTE]

Spot on. Couldn't agree more with your take, which is exactly the game I saw. To me the big problem is Ngata. He's playing at a high level and he could end up demolishing Mark Sanchez. The O-line of the Jets will win this or lose this for us.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4167296]Doesn't take Nostradamus to see we're 2-3 right now, going to have to go 8-3 the rest of the way to eek out the wildcard.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

This schtick is so, so old and tired. Even if it's the old reverse-psychology, cover my *ss so I can't be wrong while I can't lose if we win routine, it's annoying and right in there with the Shroy/SadSack crowd. Not good company. :rolleyes: