Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Larry Kudlow's thoughts on Mitt Romney

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Larry Kudlow's thoughts on Mitt Romney

For me, this 2012 presidential election is about ONE ISSUE: Fix the damn economy.

We can argue about transgender boy scout troop leaders and what not after the economy is healthy again.

That's why I'm getting behind Romney. When I'm unsure or ambivalent about something, I listen to Larry Kudlow who for me is the voice of reason.

I think Newt Gingrich is the smartest guy in the room as far as all the other candidates go, but Romney's getting the nod, so deal with reality.

Here Larry is critical:

Kudlow says Romney’s on the wrong side of the tax cut deal struck by Republicans and President Obama, and “I’m not letting him off the hook.”

Kudlow started off a segment with CNBC’s John Harwood with the headline, “sounds like the public likes the tax cuts, John, but they’re not sold on the president’s ability to move us in the right direction. Harwood gracefully adjusts, saying in fact, the new poll shows “Obama’s political temperature is a little bit higher than where I’m standing, which is freezing on the White House lawn.”

Harwood pointed out that Obama’s approval ratings is 45 percent, but 72 percent of Americans “like the president personally.” Further, the poll found that the “shellacking” delivered in the midterm elections seems to have helped the president get the message. 64 percent say Obama’s “gotten the message.”

The poll includes largely meaningless head-to-head matchups between the president and likely GOP candidates, with Obama beating them all, including a 20-point lead over Sarah Palin.

But Kudlow pointed out, Americans support the tax deal (59 percent) and Mitt Romney did not.

"Mitt Romney is losing to Obama. The public–six out of ten roughly–support the tax cuts. Mitt Romney opposed the tax cuts package. Mitt Romney would rather see tax rates go up across the board, 600 billion dollars drained from the economy. How big a mistake is that for Mitt Romney? I’m personally not letting him off the hook."

Kudlow concludes: “Romney really bungled this.”

Watch it here, from CNBC:

[url]http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnbcs-larry-kudlow-mitt-romney-bungled-stance-on-tax-cuts-as-obama-beats-gop-in-2012-poll/[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There will be a series of Presidential Election debates in 2012.

I fully expect Mitt Romney to end Barack Obama's chance at reelection after just the first debate.

Further, I expect Romney will be a better than competent President of the United States.

Romney-Cain 2012

:usaflag:

:jets17

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Y do you consistently post the "...transgender boy scout troop leaders..." threads?

It appears to me Governor Romney s the best of a bad lot. But it also seems that there is a sizable part of the Republican Party that will not vote for Romney.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Dukakis created more jobs as MA's governor than Mitt Romney. That's what Rick Perry said. Oh and Romney is the biggest flip flopper in American politics the last maybe 30 years. Abortion, healthcare etc. this guy can't pick a side plus the religious wackos don't like that he's a Mormon.

And as far as transgender boy scout leaders go, please leave Michele Bachman's husband alone.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4167840]Mike Dukakis created more jobs as MA's governor than Mitt Romney. That's what Rick Perry said. Oh and [B]Romney is the biggest flip flopper in American politics the last maybe 30 years. Abortion, healthcare etc. this guy can't pick a side plus the religious wackos don't like that he's a Mormon.
    [/B]
    And as far as transgender boy scout leaders go, please leave Michele Bachman's husband alone.[/QUOTE]

Those sound like plausible reasons the Republicans won’t vote for him.

All i know is when Governor Perry dropped like a stone in the polls Governor Romney picked up only smidgeon (or was it a dollop?) of Perry's fleeing support.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ron Paul is an MD. He is by far the most intelligent and as far as I am concerned, the only intelligent GOP candidate

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kudlow seems to me to support Romney. The article is from December 2010 when the economy looked to be moving out of the ditch. It's almost a year later and the economy is slipping back.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4168082]Kudlow seems to me to support Romney. The article is from December 2010 when the economy looked to be moving out of the ditch. It's almost a year later and the economy is slipping back.[/QUOTE]

I highlighted the Romney positives:

Romney strongly support King Dollar. This is interesting because monetary policy continues to be a GOP campaign issue. That is rare in politics, but it’s a good thing in the context of today’s sputtering economy and failed quantitative easing.

For Governor Romney, who said [B]he would not reappoint Bernanke [/B]in the last debate, this is a switch from April when he defended Bernanke in an interview with me. Last evening, Romney made it clear that “the Federal Reserve has a responsibility to preserve the value of our currency, [B]to have a strong American currency[/B], such that investors and people who are thinking about bringing enterprises to this country have confidence in the future of America and in our currency.”

[url]http://www.nationalreview.com/kudlows-money-politics/277048/king-dollar-frontrunners[/url]

Here's a critical view of Romney's economic/financial policy outlook:

Romney's plan calls for dealing with the country's trade deficit with China and refers to the importance of keeping the dollar strong. In a section on China, the document highlights our massive trade deficit with the country and proposes ways to deal with it. A separate section on a Balanced Budget Amendment, however, reads, "We must act swiftly to chart a course of fiscal responsibility that will guarantee that a strong, stable dollar remains the world's reserve currency and that will support the robust economic growth necessary to create jobs and restore America's future." [B]A stronger dollar, however, will make the trade deficit with China larger.[/B]

[url]http://politicalcorrection.org/blog/201109070006[/url]

Clinton was a strong dollar proponent, and I see Romney as the R's version of Clinton without all the sleazy whoring around and selling military technology to the Chicoms.

Romney could "triangulate".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mitt Romney (R): Certitude and competence.

Barack Obama (D): Uncertainty and ineptitude.

Romney-Cain 2012

:usaflag:

:jets17