Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rainy Crummy Saturday Night--what you cooking or drinking?

Hall Of Fame

Rainy Crummy Saturday Night--what you cooking or drinking?

Making Braised Short Ribs and homemade :yes: Tagliatelle., starting now with a Belvedere martini, up, very dry, cocktails onions, a bottle of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo is breathing.

GF will be here in 20 mins, friends coming over around 6 for a caprese with buffalo mozzarella, then dinner.

Anyone?

I need some new ideas.

Borgo, picked up Spaten Oktoberfest for tomorrow. Proly make some grilled baby loin lamb chops and Burning Anus Wings for the game.

_

Veteran
    Enjoy that! I went tailgater today and made french dips and to celebrate a Razorback win I'm about to get into a bottle of Buffalo Trace Kentucky bourbon. Go Hawgs! Go J-E-T-S jets jets jets

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;4167773]Enjoy that! I went tailgater today and made french dips and to celebrate a Razorback win I'm about to get into a bottle of Buffalo Trace Kentucky bourbon. Go Hawgs! Go J-E-T-S jets jets jets[/QUOTE]

I just watched Syracuse lose to...Rutgers in double overtime :(

My sopne was texting me from the Dome after every missed PAT, FG, INT and fumble.

Can't wait to play Florida State in a few years :eek:

_

Hall Of Fame
    Shredding the meat off the short ribs now, then simmer for another hour.

My house smells incredible.

_

All League
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4167754]Making Braised Short Ribs and homemade :yes: Tagliatelle., starting now with a Belvedere martini, up, very dry, cocktails onions, a bottle of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo is breathing.

GF will be here in 20 mins, friends coming over around 6 for a caprese with buffalo mozzarella, then dinner.

Anyone?

I need some new ideas.

Borgo, picked up Spaten Oktoberfest for tomorrow. Proly make some grilled baby loin lamb chops and Burning Anus Wings for the game.

_[/QUOTE]
    GF coming over > wife over all the time

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4167788]Shredding the meat off the short ribs now, then simmer for another hour.

My house smells incredible.

_[/QUOTE]

I am so hip brother. I love coming in from my smoker and smoke don outside follows me in. It mixes with smells coming from the kitchen and everyone in the livingroom looks like slobbering junkies asking, "is it ready yet?" Awesome.

Sober October for me..... I think.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4167783]I just watched Syracuse lose to...Rutgers in double overtime :(

My sopne was texting me from the Dome after every missed PAT, FG, INT and fumble.

Can't wait to play Florida State in a few years :eek:

_[/QUOTE]

Painful to watch them throw that game away. Is sopne at SU or Rutgers?

Doing anus burners the traditional way in oil. Franks Hot Sauce mixed with butter. Will likely go easy on them tonight and save the bulk of them for tomorrows game.

Later tonight will share a bottle of Apothic Red blend with Mrs Frostlich.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;4167791]GF coming over > wife over all the time[/QUOTE]

Matter of perspective, but it doesn't suck.

[QUOTE=frostlich;4167812]Painful to watch them throw that game away. Is sopne at SU or Rutgers?

Doing anus burners the traditional way in oil. Franks Hot Sauce mixed with butter. Will likely go easy on them tonight and save the bulk of them for tomorrows game.

Later tonight will share a bottle of Apothic Red blend with Mrs Frostlich.[/QUOTE]

Cuse.

I grill em. Then Franks.

_

Going to Sanducci's Trattoria in River Edge for sis in laws birthday :shakehead

Food's good, probably going to get the blackened linguini and going to stop by a liquor store to get some beer.

Anyone recommend anything new in the beer department? Had a ton of Spaten last week for Oktoberfest. Love Belgian beers.

Hall Of Fame
    Enjoying a Harpoon Octoberfest. Very tasty, I've tried many of the Octoberfests this year and I really like this one. Mass. company but this one is brewed at their Vermont brewery. Very malty, not for the hopheads. Interesting note - I drank three bottles yesterday afternoon right before test driving a car. I opened a fourth but didn't want the car salesman catching a whiff on my breath so I put the cap back on and put in fridge. Had it this evening and actually tasted better than the freshly popped bottles.

[IMG]http://www.harpoonbrewery.com/harpoon/Image/labels/beer_photos/ofest_bg200x367.jpg[/IMG]

Went to see my younger brother. Had some real BBQ from a place that opened up sometime around WWII. Tiny hole-in-the-wall oldschool type place. Good good stuff.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4167831]Enjoying a Harpoon Octoberfest. Very tasty, I've tried many of the Octoberfests this year and I really like this one. Mass. company but this one is brewed at their Vermont brewery. Very malty, not for the hopheads. Interesting note - I drank three bottles yesterday afternoon right before test driving a car. I opened a fourth but didn't want the car salesman catching a whiff on my breath so I put the cap back on and put in fridge. Had it this evening and actually tasted better than the freshly popped bottles.

[IMG]http://www.harpoonbrewery.com/harpoon/Image/labels/beer_photos/ofest_bg200x367.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Sounds tasty. I've never had there Oktoberfest. I love Harpoon's UFO White

[IMG]http://www.ufohefeweizen.com/ufohefeweizen/image/ufowhite/ufo_W_bottle_glass_web.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4167824]
    Love Belgian beers.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried this from Brooklyn Brewery?. Really good Belgian style.

[url]http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/45/35328[/url]

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4167838]Have you tried this from Brooklyn Brewery?. Really good Belgian style.

[url]http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/45/35328[/url][/QUOTE]

OOooo, that looks good dangerous 9 percenter.

I love Brooklyn beers.

Might pick up this tonight

[IMG]http://ficdn.fashionindie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Allagash-Tripel-Ale-160x298.png[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4167850]Might pick up this tonight

[IMG]http://ficdn.fashionindie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Allagash-Tripel-Ale-160x298.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I have that glass

[QUOTE=Warfish;4167833]Went to see my younger brother. Had some real BBQ from a place that opened up sometime around WWII. Tiny hole-in-the-wall oldschool type place. Good good stuff.[/QUOTE]

in NOVA?

[QUOTE=nvajet99;4167883]in NOVA?[/QUOTE]

Fredericksburg