Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why can't you...

Jets Insider VIP

Why can't you...

...buy a new car online directly from the car manufacturer? Seems weird that in this day and age, you can't go right to GM's website and order a car directly from them...would save a bunch of money, wouldn't it?

I mean, you can buy an iPad from Best Buy or Walmart...or from and Apple store or from Apple's website directly. Why not a new car too?

Dealership lobbyists for one...

They throw money hand over fist at maintaining the licensing requirements needed to sell a vehicle...

Because Manufacturers sell to wholesalers. And Wholesalers sell to Retailers. And Retailers sell to consumers.

If Manufacturers sold directly to consumers, where would wholesalers and retailers work?

;)

Hall Of Fame
    You can do it in the underground cities they are building.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4173052]Because Manufacturers sell to wholesalers. And Wholesalers sell to Retailers. And Retailers sell to consumers.

If Manufacturers sold directly to consumers, where would wholesalers and retailers work?

;)[/QUOTE]

FOR THE GOVERNMENT! :alien:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4173043]Dealership lobbyists for one...

They throw money hand over fist at maintaining the licensing requirements needed to sell a vehicle...[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh! Makes sense.

Dealerships have quite the lobby then. Seems to me that car manufacturers would/should be against it. Maybe it's me...but it seems it would be easier to make cars that someone wants to buy immediatly, than making a sh*tload, shipping them all over and then crossing your fingers that someone buys them.

Who knows.

[QUOTE=MeStokesta]You can do it in the underground cities they are building.[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!!!!

What? Isn't the value of the services dealerships provide worth it?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4173029]...buy a new car online directly from the car manufacturer? [/QUOTE]

Because the box wont fit in the mailtruck?

:dunno:

-

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;4173104]Because the box wont fit in the mailtruck?

:dunno:

-[/QUOTE]

Maybe a part at a time?

[QUOTE][url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/3382143/Man-digs-under-house-to-remove-home-made-Lamborghini.html[/url]

Ken Imhoff began building the sportscar after falling in love with it during the movie Cannonball Run.

He built his own version in the basement of his home in Wisconsin, USA, over a period of 17 years.

However, when he finished assembling it, he was confronted with the problem of how to get the car out.

Since there was no garage door through which to drive the vehicle, he was forced to hire an excavator to gouge out a slope in his garden and then dig down into the foundations of his house. The car was then hooked up to the excavator and pulled out.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4173118]Maybe a part at a time?[/QUOTE]

How the eff did he not realize that tiny logistical problem from the get go :i_dont_kn

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4173152]How the eff did he not realize that tiny logistical problem from the get go :i_dont_kn[/QUOTE]

lol, maybe he was hoping one day the underground cities would connect right into his basement? :dunno:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4173165]lol, maybe he was hoping one day the underground cities would connect right into his basement? :dunno:[/QUOTE]

Double Thread Pollination Word Score!!! :D:P

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4173170]Double Thread Pollination Word Score!!! :D:P[/QUOTE]

Seriously...

That was other worldly...

[QUOTE=JStokes;4173056]You can do it in the underground cities they are building.

_[/QUOTE]

Just started my immunizations and completed the first six levels of medical and psychological screenings, JS. "They" contact you yet?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4173309]Just started my immunizations and completed the first six levels of medical and psychological screenings, JS. "They" contact you yet?[/QUOTE]

We're all getting bumper stickers, too.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4173118]Maybe a part at a time?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4173056]You can do it in the underground cities they are building.

_[/QUOTE]

Why isn't anyone talking about them? Aside from Borgo, of course.

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;4173165]lol, maybe he was hoping one day the underground cities would connect right into his basement? :dunno:[/QUOTE]

:clapper:

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

_[/QUOTE]

That reminds me, I need batteries for my night vision goggles.

Who goes first?

Would you prefer selling your car online or having a sales rep who knows everything about the car take you for a test drive. Speaking of test drives, will you buy your car without driving it? Would you expect a dealer to test drive and sell the car only to lose the sale to the internet?

[QUOTE=Jetworks;4173513]Why isn't anyone talking about them? Aside from Borgo, of course.

[/QUOTE]

Because they don't exist. I'm just busting balls, Jetworks.

(Did I say that right, ZB49-62? Yes, I know we're trying to keeping the chaff away. They'll just think it's another one of "Borgoguy's" conspiracy meltdowns. Remember when I was on the reseeding initiative a few weeks ago and I orchestrated a scenario where all these Hampur minions believed Jetswin had driven me away with his moderating of my 'posts'? LOL. Fools. It's too easy, Ragu. I mean, ZB49-62. And may I say your designs for prolonged atmospheric filtering of the subterranean structures are truly inspired?"