Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Star Wars

After all these years I'm gonna give in and watch the movies, only because my kids want to see them. What's the best way to do it? Old ones first, or new ones first since it's supposed to be prequels?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Old ones first

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watch the three old ones and skip the new ones.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...while heavily drinking. They were cool to watch as a kid but they seem campy now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished watching the entire saga with my 5yr old daughter.

First thing I did was buy the Lego Star Wars complete saga on PS3. We started playing through episode 1. When we finished the chapter on the game, then we would watch the movie. She was very into it, as she enjoyed Anakin as a little boy (someone she can relate to at her age).

Then when we finished watching episode 1, I would show her the trailer for Ep.2. Then we would watch #2, then play #2 in the game.

I found that it was seamless for her to go from 1-6, instead of 4-6, then 1-3. That would just confuse her.

after all 6 movies, she was a fan. And she knows the entire story of Anakin to Vader, the 2 children, and some of the monsters/aliens.

so yeah, I would recommend going in sequential order. It's a better story and easier to follow.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i watch return of jedi with jabba the hutt
    jabba the hutt eat oola the slave girl

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;4174111]I just finished watching the entire saga with my 5yr old daughter.

[B]First thing I did was buy the Lego Star Wars complete saga [/B]on PS3. We started playing through episode 1. When we finished the chapter on the game, then we would watch the movie. She was very into it, as she enjoyed Anakin as a little boy (someone she can relate to at her age).

Then when we finished watching episode 1, I would show her the trailer for Ep.2. Then we would watch #2, then play #2 in the game.

I found that it was seamless for her to go from 1-6, instead of 4-6, then 1-3. That would just confuse her.

after all 6 movies, she was a fan. And she knows the entire story of Anakin to Vader, the 2 children, and some of the monsters/aliens.

so yeah, I would recommend going in sequential order. It's a better story and easier to follow.[/QUOTE]

LOL they've been playing the sht out of this on Wii...thats why they want to see the movie now. I had no idea it ran in line with the actual movies. Thanks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4174090]...while heavily drinking. They were cool to watch as a kid but they seem campy now.[/QUOTE]
    they were campy even then...I still cringe thinking of watching them for the first time. thought it was poor take off of Star Trek..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't even watch the new ones they were horrible except for the 2 minutes Yoda fights in Episode 2. And skip the new bs blu ray set it's Lucas's latest attempt to cash in and destroy the original trilogy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4174090]...while heavily drinking. They were cool to watch as a kid but they seem campy now.[/QUOTE]

Relevant:

[IMG]http://oyvind.hoysater.no/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/carrie-fisher.gif[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;4174070]After all these years I'm gonna give in and watch the movies, only because my kids want to see them. What's the best way to do it? Old ones first, or new ones first since it's supposed to be prequels?[/QUOTE]

I want to do this too, since I've always loved the Star Wars movies. Plus it will annoy the crap out of my wife at the same time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watch Episode 3-5 since they're the best ones then get wasted with your children and watch 6, 1, 2 in that order.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would watch them in the order in which the aired, old ones first then new ones.

If possible, try to get the copy of Episode 1 Phantom Menance where they have redacted most of Jar Jar Binks scenes, that would be ideal.

In rewatching that, I can't even get to the Darth Maul scenes because Binks is so annoying.

Only putting Darth Maul in one movie was a huge blunder--best villian in the series after Darth Vader in the old ones.

_
    Last edited by JStokes; 10-04-2011 at 10:02 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MERLIN;4174142]i watch return of jedi with jabba the hutt
    jabba the hutt eat oola the slave girl[/QUOTE]

I lold.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ditch them and watch seasons 4-7 of Star Trek Deep Space Nine. That's real science fiction. :banana:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4174551]Ditch them and watch seasons 4-7 of Star Trek Deep Space Nine. That's real science fiction. :banana:[/QUOTE]

Or season's 4-7 of Quantum Leap! :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;4174070]After all these years I'm gonna give in and watch the movies, only because my kids want to see them. What's the best way to do it? Old ones first, or new ones first since it's supposed to be prequels?[/QUOTE]

Btw, how old are the kids?

A good one you might want to try for a little comedic sci fi is Galaxy Quest with Tim Allen.

I've seen it a dozen times, with and without the kids.

Great movie.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4174623]Btw, how old are the kids?

A good one you might want to try for a little comedic sci fi is Galaxy Quest with Tim Allen.

I've seen it a dozen times, with and without the kids.

Great movie.

_[/QUOTE]

Sigourney Weaver's cleavage makes that movie :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4174632]Sigourney Weaver's cleavage makes that movie :yes:[/QUOTE]

Love how they keep ripping her shirt it a bit at a time till her boobs are really out there.

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just dress as Lando Calrissian....nuff said