Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Playboy Club closing early

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

The Playboy Club closing early

[B]'The Playboy Club' TV season's first cancellation[/B][I]NEW YORK (AP) NBC's Playboy Club is closing early.

The network said Tuesday it is cancelling its highly-publicized new drama, "The Playboy Club," after only three episodes. Its time slot will eventually be filled by Brian Williams' new newsmagazine.

The Monday night drama, set in the 1960s, had only 5 million viewers for its first episode two weeks ago and kept losing viewers. Nielsen said the show had only 3.5 million viewers this week.

It's the first cancellation of the new fall TV season.[/I]

Too funny. Who thought putting a show on network TV about Playboy would be a good idea?

We didn't look at Playboy for the personalities, the letters, the articles, the special features, even for Heff.

We looked at if because of teh neckedness.

Can't imagine who at NBC greenlighted putting a show about hot naked babes on network...where you can't show hot naked babes.

This MIGHT have been a great show for cable.

Dumbasses.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4175078]
    [/QUOTE]

If HBO or Showtime had done this show it would have been an instant hit...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    exactly.

you can't have a show about Playboy, and not be able to show tits :rolleyes:

the lesson, as always: SHOW ME YOUR TITS!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't add this to my Playboy Club thread, or anything, JS. :D

Yeah, other than looking at the stunning Amber Heard, I was disappointed in the pilot episode. I never went back to the show.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4175102]exactly.

you can't have a show about Playboy, and not be able to show tits :rolleyes:

the lesson, as always: SHOW ME YOUR TITS!!![/QUOTE]

titties = ratings

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

Network TV just gets dumber and dumber.

Of course this failed, maybe on HBO, Starz, ETC were you could go uncensored this would work, but on network tv? No way.

Hopefully Two Broke Girls and that chick in a hat cop show follow.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4175207]LOL

Of course this failed, maybe on HBO, Starz, ETC were you could go uncensored this would work, but on network tv? No way.

Hopefully Two Broke Girls and [B]that chick in a hat cop show f[/B]ollow.[/QUOTE]

Getting a tad older now, but as an actress and "F Puppet", I like Maria Bello. Great legs.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/hh30p5zllcjmlljp.jpg/][IMG]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1015/hh30p5zllcjmlljp.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/249/mariabello.jpg/][IMG]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3224/mariabello.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/Hexblade/MariaBello2.jpg[/IMG]

I thought the pilot for [I]Prime Suspect [/I]was trite, and it has gone downhill since. Will be jettisoned from out TV screens soon.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4175207]LOL

Hopefully Two Broke Girls and [B]that chick in a hat cop show[/B] follow.[/QUOTE]

You mean the sequel to Coyote Ugly without the hot girls? LOL

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4175078][B]'The Playboy Club' TV season's first cancellation[/B][I]NEW YORK (AP) NBC's Playboy Club is closing early.

The network said Tuesday it is cancelling its highly-publicized new drama, "The Playboy Club," after only three episodes. Its time slot will eventually be filled by Brian Williams' new newsmagazine.

The Monday night drama, set in the 1960s, had only 5 million viewers for its first episode two weeks ago and kept losing viewers. Nielsen said the show had only 3.5 million viewers this week.

It's the first cancellation of the new fall TV season.[/I]

Too funny. Who thought putting a show on network TV about Playboy would be a good idea?

We didn't look at Playboy for the personalities, the letters, the articles, the special features, even for Heff.

We looked at if because of teh neckedness.

Can't imagine who at NBC greenlighted putting a show about hot naked babes on network...where you can't show hot naked babes.

Dumbasses.

_[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4175092]If HBO or Showtime had done this show it would have been an instant hit...[/QUOTE]

It was a bunch of actors from the Mad Men set.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4175233]Getting a tad older now, but as an actress and "F Puppet", I like Maria Bello. Great legs.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/hh30p5zllcjmlljp.jpg/][IMG]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1015/hh30p5zllcjmlljp.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/249/mariabello.jpg/][IMG]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3224/mariabello.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/Hexblade/MariaBello2.jpg[/IMG]

[/QUOTE]

i've always liked her.

like you said, great legs.

she gives a great "performance" in '[I]A History of Violence[/I]' :yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4175355]i've always liked her.

she gives a great "performance" in '[I]A History of Violence[/I]' :yes:[/QUOTE]

+1

Plus she looks like she has the potential to get very angry at me and despise the ground I walk on, which is hugely appealing.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4175355]i've always liked her.

[B]she gives a great "performance" in '[I]A History of Violence[/I][/B]' :yes:[/QUOTE]

Love that scene. Good movie, too.

[B]***NO REAL SEX, BUT NOT WORK SAFE***[/B]
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 10-04-2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: no bare ass goes for dudes too

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4175359]+1

Plus she looks like she has the potential to get very angry at me and despise the ground I walk on, which is hugely appealing.

-[/QUOTE]

You just know she'd join you in your "naughty librarian/talking college student" scenario. I bet she'd look great as a female Vulcan, too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4175355]
    she gives a great "performance" in '[I]A History of Violence[/I]' :yes:[/QUOTE]

Never heard.

Worth a spot in the Netflix queue?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4175360]Love that scene. Good movie, too.

[B]***NO REAL SEX, BUT NOT WORK SAFE***[/B]

[/QUOTE]

:eek::drool:

Btw....this is where PaulieC wanders into the thread and says "was that wallpaper pattern inspired by a wheat plant?".
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 10-04-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4175374]:eek::drool:

Btw....this is where PaulieC wanders into the thread and says "was that wallpaper pattern inspired by a wheat plant?".[/QUOTE]

LOL!! "I mean, who buys that cheap chintz?"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4175367]You just know she'd join you in your "naughty librarian/talking college student" scenario. I bet she'd look great as a female Vulcan, too.[/QUOTE]

Lol....I'm thinking more of a "Beeatch boss giving a bad review getting the tables turned" scenario, though the "COld Vulcan empress surprised in the communal bath" one would work too.

:D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4175373]Never heard.

Worth a spot in the Netflix queue?[/QUOTE]

good movie, in a "Viggo Mortensen is an epic badass and Maria Bello gets nekkid" sort of way.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4175378]Lol....I'm thinking more of a [B]"Beeatch boss giving a bad review getting the tables turned" scenario,[/B] though the "COld Vulcan empress surprised in the communal bath" one would work too.

:D[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. Me like the concept.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geez she is smoldering hot. That vid clip confirms I could only be an actor in 30 second increments...