Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steve Jobs has died

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71jB2hxOCFw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71jB2hxOCFw[/URL]

[QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;4176896]I know that new iphone release yesterday was disappointing, but Jobs really took it hard.

too soon?[/QUOTE]

Kill yourself you useless piece of-------

Let's not forget Pixar.

After he was fired from Apple in the late 80's Steve paid George Lucas $10 million for the digital graphics production segment of LucasFilms which he turned into Pixar, that went on to make the toy story movies, Wal-E, ect. He later sold Pixar to Disney for $7 billion in a deal that gave him controlling shares of Disney stock and a seat on their board. Talk about return on investment!

Then he came back to Apple and, after generating a string of ridiculous unheard of successes, turned Apple into the most valuable company in the World.

I'm sure he was no saint, but you cannot deny the man was a visionary genius, who died in his prime. A real shame.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEJB6mHAydI[/url]

Definitely worth watching, especially tonight.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Sad day today

My cat had to be put to sleep as well

All League
    What a brilliant mind...very sad.

[QUOTE=Ruby2;4177110]Sad day today

My cat had to be put to sleep as well[/QUOTE]

Sorry bro.:(

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4177126]Sorry bro.:([/QUOTE]

Thanks fish. Much appreciated.

[QUOTE=Ruby2;4177127]Thanks fish. Much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Been there, done that. I'm a cat guy, so I've gone through it a few times.

Cats have a special place in my cold and icy heart.

All League
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4177092]Kill yourself you useless piece of-------[/QUOTE]

LOLGFY

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4177015]I'm sorry he died, RIP.

But can we please stop with the sainthood of this guy? He's nothing more than a very successful business man.[/QUOTE]

Yep. If you're gonna mourn, mourn for somebody like Anna Nicole. I still haven't gotten over her. :(

Seriously.... you guys are being a bunch of p(|)ssies.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4177015]He's nothing more than a very successful business man.[/QUOTE]

:ohwow:

:disgust:

:nono:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;4177071][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71jB2hxOCFw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71jB2hxOCFw[/URL][/QUOTE]

"Embedding disabled by request." LOLZ, classic Apple.

Apple's business plan was simple. "Hey, welcome to our happy, fun, cool, private island where all the hip, smart, anti-establishment types hang out! Congrats on your excellent taste. You are clearly a visionary who cares about the planet and his fellow man. While you're here, please visit our totally far out and free bathrooms! (note: Our toilets only accept Apple brand TP. Available at your Apple store. $500 per sheet. No discounts applicable.)

All Pro
    bunch of *******s on here trying to get credibility of being a funny guy for making fun of someone who died a suffering death... way too young...

Jets Insider VIP
    If you posted in this thread on a computer using a mouse and a graphical user interface (GUI), you can thank Steve Jobs. (Yes, even if it's a Windows machine)

If you don't think Steve had an incredible influence on the the worlds of technology and culture then you can just ignore him, ignore Apple and go to Sam Goody tomorrow and buy a CD to put in your Walkman.

The guy has almost singlehandedly destroyed and created several industries. His iPod killed the Walkman, iTunes has killed record stores, the iPad is taking huge chunks of share out of the laptop market.

An innovator creates a compelling product to meet a consumer's need in a new way (iPod, iPhone). A visionary shows the consumer a need he never knew he had (iPad, iTunes). Steve was a true visionary.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 10-06-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Jets Insider VIP

Sorry Ruby, my condolences.:(

Jets Insider VIP
    RIP

Man was a genius though I find some of the reactions (not here) a little over the top. To be litterally in mourning over a guy who made cool stuff is too much IMO.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

You know... its not really asleep right?

:eek:

;)

Sorry man. The loss of a pet is horrible.

:(

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4177181]If you posted in this thread on a computer using a mouse and a graphical user interface (GUI), you can thank Steve Jobs. (Yes, even if it's a Windows machine)[/quote]

That isn't correct. While he did market it, Xerox PARC was the source of
    the GUI. Jobs appropriated it without license.

[quote]If you don't think Steve had an incredible influence on the the worlds of technology and culture than you can just ignore him, ignore Apple and go to Sam Goody tomorrow and buy a CD to put in your Walkman.

The guy has almost singlehandedly destroyed and created several industries. His iPod killed the Walkman, iTunes has killed record stores, the iPad is taking huge chunks of share out of the laptop market.

An innovator creates a compelling product to meet a consumer's need in a new way (iPod, iPhone). A visionary shows the consumer a need he never knew he had (iPad, iTunes). Steve was a true visionary.[/QUOTE]

All that is true.