Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-2012 New Jersey Devils Thread

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was at that crazy game last night vs the Sens. Big comeback, should have won in reg. but they need the wins, even if it costs us in the end with all the shootouts. Zajac should be back before Christmas, and the offense will look pretty deep with Henrique looking so good.

Parise Zajac Zubrus
    Kovy Elias Sykora
    Tedenby Henrique Clarkson
    Boulton/Janssen Carter Palmieri

I feel like the Devils will continue their tradition of picking up their game after Jan. 1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed.

They've been in all but a few games and can play big when it matters...

More than half the games remaining left are home, so I feel more comfortable now than I did earlier. I knew they'd struggle on the road but .500 isn't turrible...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjetsman28 View Post
    I was at that crazy game last night vs the Sens. Big comeback, should have won in reg. but they need the wins, even if it costs us in the end with all the shootouts. Zajac should be back before Christmas, and the offense will look pretty deep with Henrique looking so good.

Parise Zajac Zubrus
    Kovy Elias Sykora
    Tedenby Henrique Clarkson
    Boulton/Janssen Carter Palmieri

I feel like the Devils will continue their tradition of picking up their game after Jan. 1
    Another win tonight, this time in impressive comeback fashion against a tough Panthers team. Nifty goal by Parise in the 3rd off the bounce off the boards from Tallinder. I was very pleased that the team didn't seem affected at all from playing just 24 hours earlier. Played a real solid game all around and never seemed slow. Nice job picking up 4 points in 2 nights.

Very excited to get Zajac back. Sounds like he'll be back on Friday against Dallas, which also happens to be Scott Niedermayer night. It'll take some time to get him going again and getting him infused into the top lines, but he just makes them that much deeper offensively once he gets in form.

Still some inconsistencies, but I'm feeling good about them. I agree with AGAW in that I also get the feeling they'll turn it up a notch in the 2nd half. Except this year they look to be fighting for playoff positioning rather than trying to leapfrog half the conference just to get a playoff spot.

Let's go Devils!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

medical practice management software

Came back from down 2-0 and down 3-2. Last year's team would have mailed it in after being down 2-0.

Hopefully, Kovy is okay. Was listening on the radio, but they said he sat out OT and the shootout.

---------------------------------------
    medical practice management software

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh. What a gross TO and goal...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Didn't think it would turn out this way after looking anemic offensively for most of the 1st

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I was at the ceremony, it was really well done and the game was great. The weekend as a whole was good for the Devils. Elias now the team's all time goal scorer. They are playing their best hockey of the season in time for big games against the Rangers and the Caps this week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really nice win on Saturday against the Pens. That was vintage Marty, hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Boston slaughtered us on Wednesday, but they rebounded nicely with good wins against the Panthers and Penguins. Hopefully they can take care of business on this 3-game, Canadian road trip. It's followed up with a 6-game home stand, but some really tough games within it (Bruins, Flyers, and Rangers). Bruins are insane btw, just about a 2 to 1 Goals Forwarded/Goals Against ratio halfway through the season.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Well, Boston slaughtered us on Wednesday, but they rebounded nicely with good wins against the Panthers and Penguins. Hopefully they can take care of business on this 3-game, Canadian road trip. It's followed up with a 6-game home stand, but some really tough games within it (Bruins, Flyers, and Rangers). Bruins are insane btw, just about a 2 to 1 Goals Forwarded/Goals Against ratio halfway through the season.
    Rebounded nicely, Boston is on another level right now. The Devils aren't on that level, I certainly think they are a playoff team. New coach, new system I expect them to get better as the second half rolls along.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjetsman28 View Post
    Rebounded nicely, Boston is on another level right now. The Devils aren't on that level, I certainly think they are a playoff team. New coach, new system I expect them to get better as the second half rolls along.
    Yessir, it's nice to see them sitting in 6th with 52 points. I also really feel like they have some type of surge in them as the 2nd half progresses. Then again, they can go on a 4 or 5 game skid and fall right out of the top 8, but I still feel very confident despite some hiccups here and there. The Calgary game was ugly, but they scratched out two good wins after that to take 2 of 3 in Canada. 6 game home stand starts tomorrow against Winnipeg.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And here I thought that home game stretch leading into the break would be beneficial...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even though I knew we wouldn't get a 20 point swing on the Rangers in the 2nd half, a 19 point swing is just as good

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Even though I knew we wouldn't get a 20 point swing on the Rangers in the 2nd half, a 19 point swing is just as good
    Was in a meeting at night and my iPhone updates screwed up and ended up leaving me pleasantly surprised. As soon as I got out it said Devils had lost 3-2 in regulation. 10 minutes later I get an update that says 3-3 at the end of overtime. Then get in the car just in time to catch the shootout on the radio. Caught a lucky bounce with Clarkson's goal, but thems the breaks and I'm very happy to pick up a win against a top seeded team, especially it being our friends across the river.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, certainly a nice start after the All Star break. 4 in a row, with 3 of them against divisional rivals above us in the standings. Tuesday night at the Garden should be fun.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, certainly a nice start after the All Star break. 4 in a row, with 3 of them against divisional rivals above us in the standings. Tuesday night at the Garden should be fun.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't seen a Devils fan that says that was a bad call and I haven't seen a Rangers fan that says that was a good call, LOL.

Anyway, regardless of the break we may have gotten, Devs still played a very, very solid game and Marty was brilliant. They took their foot off the pedal in the third a bit again, but still played some good defense and escaped with the win. Also, if Kovy would have made the mistake of not chipping the puck deep at the end there, he would have got shredded. Parise seems to get a pass.

I don't think this win streak is an abberation. IMO, the reason this team had some flashes of inconsistency and difficulty beating upper echelon teams earlier in the season was lack of depth. We just didn't have any scoring or threats of scoring after our top two lines. However, with the infusion of guys like Bernier and Ponikarovsky to those lines, we look so much more complete. Ponikarovsky was a great, under the radar acquisition. Big body with a scoring touch for a 4th rounder and Joe Savo, a D-man who wasn't among our top D prospects in the minors.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think this win streak is an abberation. IMO, the reason this team had some flashes of inconsistency and difficulty beating upper echelon teams earlier in the season was lack of depth. We just didn't have any scoring or threats of scoring after our top two lines. However, with the infusion of guys like Bernier and Ponikarovsky to those lines, we look so much more complete. Ponikarovsky was a great, under the radar acquisition. Big body with a scoring touch for a 4th rounder and Joe Savo, a D-man who wasn't among our top D prospects in the minors.
    Great post

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Great post