Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Purchases

Car Purchases

Here it goes guys. I have a 2003 ZX2 and a 2001 Grand Prix. I am going to sell the 2001 Grand Prix Se, and I was wondering what the thoughts on this message board are regarding getting a 2002 Trans am. Trying to stay under 20K of course, and I am open to suggestions of any domestic vehicles you guys have in mind. Thank you.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jthmishere;4178031]Here it goes guys. I have a 2003 ZX2 and a 2001 Grand Prix. I am going to sell the 2001 Grand Prix Se, and I was wondering what the thoughts on this message board are regarding getting a 2002 Trans am. Trying to stay under 20K of course, and I am open to suggestions of any domestic vehicles you guys have in mind. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Please post pics of your wife's feet. Thank you.

SAR I

All League
    [QUOTE=jthmishere;4178031]Here it goes guys. I have a 2003 ZX2 and a 2001 Grand Prix. I am going to sell the 2001 Grand Prix Se, and I was wondering what the thoughts on this message board are regarding getting a 2002 Trans am. Trying to stay under 20K of course, and I am open to suggestions of any domestic vehicles you guys have in mind. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Wait. Let me get this straight. You want a new car but you are asking us to tell you what kind of car you want??? :confused:

[QUOTE=Jet Blast;4178083]Wait. Let me get this straight. You want a new car but you are asking us to tell you what kind of car you want??? :confused:[/QUOTE]

I think he is offering to buy the Hampur an official vehcile--to wit, a 2002 trans am, which sounds appropriate. Either that or Buffalo Bill's van.

Let me re phrase that, I am seriously thinking about getting a Trans am 2002, and had a few other domestic cars in mind, but just wanted the forums thoughts on the TA and other domestic options.

Jets Insider VIP
    good freakin lord...ur asking hampurites for advice....you'll end up with the Beverly Hillbillies jalopy...

[QUOTE=The Hit Stick;4178090]I think he is offering to buy [B]the Hampur an official vehcile-[/B]-to wit, a 2002 trans am, which sounds appropriate. Either that or Buffalo Bill's van.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiIkSt56U8Q6v_aBJf6qp0QhSnxVs9_AIdL2nynUsNbhhmRy40[/IMG]

They even got the color right.

Jets Insider VIP

So you car going to sell a Pontiac....to buy[I] another [/I]Pontiac?

That is the plan. At the very least I am planning to sell the Pontiac to buy another GM vehicle, I really do like the last generation Formula and Trans Ams. I am keeping my 03 ZX2 and this way I would have the dynamic duo GM and Ford. Down the road I am thinking of getting a Ram, Dakota or Cherokee. I would retain 3 vehicles of course.

All Pro
    Pontiac has always had the best AC of all. Ford really missed the boat on there AC.

[QUOTE=freestater;4178067]Please post pics of your wife's feet. Thank you.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

OR as some call it, the "Stokes Eye View".

Certified pre-owned is the way to go. GM is even giving a free 2 year warranty and 1.9% financing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I like it!! Never knew a car collector who specialized in mediocre cars. Suckers usually waste their money on overpriced imports or antiques - you're onto something here, a real hampuresque strategy here.

I think I'm going to add to my collection. I currently have a 2010 Odyssey, which is probably mediocre enough , but let's do this right: I think I'll trade that in for a 2006 Ford Freestar, then go pick up a 2008 Chevy Malibu on the way home. What does the board think?

For those of you that are going to look for flaws that make the Malibu seem less than perfect (I know, weird tail lights), EAD.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

All Pro

Go with the Trans Am. Don't forget the rainbow bumper sticker.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jthmishere;4178093]Let me re phrase that, I am seriously thinking about getting a Trans am 2002, and had a few other domestic cars in mind, but just wanted the forums thoughts on the TA and other domestic options.[/QUOTE]

If you're going for the Trans am, you might want to get a head start on growing the mutton chops now. And ebay is a great source for assless chaps.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=The Hit Stick;4178090]I think he is offering to buy the [B]Hampur an official vehcile[/B]--to wit, a 2002 trans am, which sounds appropriate. Either that or Buffalo Bill's van.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=frostlich;4178237][IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiIkSt56U8Q6v_aBJf6qp0QhSnxVs9_AIdL2nynUsNbhhmRy40[/IMG]

They even got the color right.[/QUOTE]

LOL -- how about le French version?

[IMG]http://www.cartype.com/pics/1128/small/amc_javelin_sst_trans-am_rs.jpg[/IMG]

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

You must be a really good bus boy to be able to afford such exotic cars.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4178304]OR as some call it, the "Stokes Eye View".[/QUOTE]

:P

[QUOTE=Lone Star Lady;4178461]LOL -- how about le French version?

[IMG]http://www.cartype.com/pics/1128/small/amc_javelin_sst_trans-am_rs.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Sweeeet

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=isired;4178324]I like it!! Never knew a car collector who specialized in mediocre cars. Suckers usually waste their money on overpriced imports or antiques - you're onto something here, a real hampuresque strategy here.

[/QUOTE]

[b] P[/b]oor
    [b] O[/b]rdinary
    [b] N[/b]ewb
    [b] T[/b]hinks
    [b] I[/b]t's
    [b] A[/b]
    [b] C[/b]amry

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4178502][b] P[/b]oor
    [b] O[/b]rdinary
    [b] N[/b]ewb
    [b] T[/b]hinks
    [b] I[/b]t's
    [b] A[/b]
    [b] C[/b]amry

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I've heard that one differently, but in the interest of taste and decorum, to say nothing of my wishing to avoid being banned, I will refrain from elaborating further.:cool:

I would advise the OP to look into getting a Monte Carlo SS from the '80s. They are somewhat collectible now and can be had for a decent price if you are willing to pour a bit of money into it.

Plus, you will look positively bad-ass whilst cruising around Seaside Heights during the summer. Maybe you can swing by 'Temptations' and catch the freestyle concert, too.:P