Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you?

[img]http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1317854128/558/5742558_600x400.jpg[/img]

Spain enthralled by wedding of 85-year-old duchess
    One of Europe's wealthiest aristocrats, the 85-year-old Duchess of Alba, wedded a civil servant 24 years her junior in a Seville palace on Wednesday after overcoming opposition from her children and Spain's royal family.

Hundreds of onlookers gathered outside the palace, waving fans against the hot Andalusian sun, to catch a glimpse of the flamboyant duchess whose colourful clothing and cloud of frizzy white hair are a mainstay of Spanish gossip magazines.

Maria del Rosario Cayetana Alfonsa Victoria Eugenia Francisca Fitz-James Stuart y Silva, who has more titles than Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, wore a salmon-collared dress with a moss-green sash by Andalusian designers Victorio & Lucchino.

The twice-widowed duchess, known for her love of flamenco dancing and bull-fighting, ventured outside the palace to greet well-wishers after the ceremony. She threw her bouquet of flowers into the crowd and danced flamenco in front of a forest of TV cameras.

The duchess's six children had been openly opposed to the marriage with 61-year-old Alfonso Diez, with whom she started to step out in 2008, but have softened to the idea following the matriarch's move to divide her fortune between them in July.

The wedding plans even met with disapproval from Spain's royal family although King Juan Carlos has since given his blessing to the couple, the duchess said in a recent interview with news agency EFE.

"I have stood alone with this plan, and everyone was against it until they realized the high calibre he is," the duchess said of her betrothed.

The duchess's fortune includes ancient palaces throughout Spain, paintings by Spanish masters Velazquez and Goya, and huge stretches of land. Her wealth is estimated at between 600 million ($1.04 billion) and 3.5 billion ($6.1 billion).

The preparations for the wedding have dominated Spanish newspapers and television. The balcony with the best view of the palace entrance has been rented to a television company for 8,000, El Mundo newspaper reported.

The Duchess of Alba, the third woman to hold the title in her own right, married her first husband in 1947. They were married for 25 years until he died of leukemia.

She walked up the aisle with her second husband, a former Jesuit priest, in 1978. He died after 23 years of marriage.

"I am a practicing Roman Catholic, that's why I'm marrying for a third time, unfortunately my two previous husbands died," she has said.

Alfonso Diez will leave his civil service job following the wedding to live in a 16th century palace in Seville alongside his new wife.
    [url]http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/weddings/5741298/Spain-enthralled-by-wedding-of-85-year-old-duchess[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    That photo should be entitled "failed escape attempt captured on film"

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/fishooked/JI/ChSaR.gif[/IMG]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awwwwwwwwwwwww HELL NO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are the guards pointing at? Her uterus?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally, a hum job without tooth scrapage. :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like the angry fist of...... wait, what are we talking about?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frostlich;4178358]What are the guards pointing at? Her uterus?[/QUOTE]

:ohwow:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you pick the scabs and let the pus run, I don't see why she wouldn't be adequate in the sack.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like she used her fortune to receive the first ever performed "light chimp attack" procedure sometime in the early 2000's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;4178371]If you pick the scabs and let the pus run, I don't see why she wouldn't be adequate in the sack.[/QUOTE]

That old cooter is probably so dry, the crabs carry canteens.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Know what? If I was 85 years old. And I had billions of dollars. And some hottie 25 years my junior agreed to marry me and provide regular hot monkey sex in return for a modest share of my wealth, I would sign on the line which was dotted. You guys are all ripping on her cuz of her age. You think she gives a **** what you think? :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;4178316][img]http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1317854128/558/5742558_600x400.jpg[/img]

The duchess's fortune includes ancient palaces throughout Spain, paintings by Spanish masters Velazquez and Goya, and huge stretches of land. Her wealth is estimated at between 600 million ($1.04 billion) and 3.5 billion ($6.1 billion). [/QUOTE]

unemployment rate in Spain is upwards of 20% and the country as a whole is completely broke, yet this broad who hasn't worked a day in her life "owns" castles, masterful works of art, and is worth over a billion dollars.

the whole concept of 'Royalty' should be submitted to the aforementioned chimp attack :nono:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd hit it! (for a couple of million euros). Hell, it can't be any worse than a cross-eyed chick, could it?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like some kind of prehistoric sea creature... and not well preserved at that. :eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the picture, and said "Hells no!" then scrolled thru the article right quick, and the $1.04 billion caught my eye, and then I said "Hells yes!".

I'd marry it, hit the maid on the side while claiming impotence, wait until she's no more, then enjoy $1.04B for the rest of my days.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks like a cross between Philyss Diller and a flying monkey from the Wizard of Oz :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big L;4178551]I saw the picture, and said "Hells no!" then scrolled thru the article right quick, and the $1.04 billion caught my eye, and then I said "Hells yes!".

I'd marry it, hit the maid on the side while claiming impotence, wait until she's no more, then enjoy $1.04B for the rest of my days.[/QUOTE]

Yeah as much as I would like to say no I would do it for 10% of her money.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alfonso Diez will leave his civil service job following the wedding to live in a 16th century palace [B](original owner)[/B] in Seville alongside his new wife.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think she's the heiress to the Q-Tip fortune.

[IMG]http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1317854128/558/5742558_600x400.jpg[/IMG]