Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Potential for a Weekend of Shame Tri-Fecta

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Potential for a Weekend of Shame Tri-Fecta

Tonight:
    France-Albania for Euro 2012 Qualifiers. With 2 games left we have a 1 point lead on Bosnia, who will be our last game. We've been playing like sh*t lately, so a draw is totally possible. Plus a ton of injuries: benzema out, Abidal out, Ribery Out, Mexes out...

Saturday Morning:
    France-England for quarter final of the Rugby World Cup. We've been atrocious and actually backed into the quarters by losing to friggin Tonga (you just pictured Jimmy Superfly Snuka right?). Either we rebel and win, or we lose in a bad way...

Sunday night:
    Pats-Jets;.well no need to explain what a complete ass rape this could be. Jets in a very similar situation to the French rugby team.

If I don't report Monday morning, please call the paramedics to pump my stomach..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Tonight:
    France-Albania for Euro 2012 Qualifiers. With 2 games left we have a 1 point lead on Bosnia, who will be our last game. We've been playing like sh*t lately, so a draw is totally possible. Plus a ton of injuries: benzema out, Abidal out, Ribery Out, Mexes out...

Saturday Morning:
    France-England for quarter final of the Rugby World Cup. We've been atrocious and actually backed into the quarters by losing to friggin Tonga (you just pictured Jimmy Superfly Snuka right?). Either we rebel and win, or we lose in a bad way...

Sunday night:
    Pats-Jets;.well no need to explain what a complete ass rape this could be. Jets in a very similar situation to the French rugby team.

If I don't report Monday morning, please call the paramedics to pump my stomach..
    Wow.. you are going to lose several years off your life. Good luck and god bless.

:rimjob: ®

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    Wow.. you are going to lose several years off your life. Good luck and god bless.

:rimjob: ®
    I'm guessing by the time the Jets game comes along, I'll be numb, call Free's Dr and get the lasik over with.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing by the time the Jets game comes along, I'll be numb, call Free's Dr and get the lasik over with.
    "Nurse, prepare the apparatus."

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you playing the Bosnians for first or second place? I mean will you miss the playoffs if they overtake you?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Are you playing the Bosnians for first or second place? I mean will you miss the playoffs if they overtake you?
    I thought this said Bostonians and I was like you really aren't following the Jets closely this year are you?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're currently in 1st, Bosnia one point behind. They play Luxembourg tonight. So needless to say we need 3 points or else the last game against them will be a nailbiter.

If we finish second we end up in a knock out round, like we had with Ireland and the infamous Henry handball 2 years back.

What about you guys? Still in the thick of things?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    I thought this said Bostonians and I was like you really aren't following the Jets closely this year are you?
    LOL

We're currently in 1st, Bosnia one point behind. They play Luxembourg tonight. So needless to say we need 3 points or else the last game against them will be a nailbiter.

If we finish second we end up in a knock out round, like we had with Ireland and the infamous Henry handball 2 years back.

What about you guys? Still in the thick of things?
    We're almost locked in the second position. The Germans have run away with the group with 8 wins from 8 matches and we're playing them at home tonight. Then Azerbeijan on wednesday, I think we only need a total 3 points from those two games.

To be honest I'd rather face the bosnians then you guys in the knock out round so I'll be rooting for you to make it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    3-0. On to Bosnia next week.

1 down, 2 to go. Bring it limeys!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    19-12 and we're going to the semis!! Huge first half that ended with a 16-0 lead.

Woot-woot! Wales next Saturday.

OK, the Gods are with me, this is a good sign. Our soccer and rugby team were playing a bit like the Jets: talented but very dissapointing. They both woke up this weekend....on to the Pats.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Germans have run away with the group with 8 wins from 8 matches and we're playing them at home tonight.
    BTW, the Germans are scary good. The match finished only 3-1 but they could've easily beat us 5-2 or 6-2. They have become an unbelievable team. I mean German teams have always been well organized but this one has flair also, I think Spain and Germany will play in the final of the Euro's next year and I like the Germans chances.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, the Germans are scary good. The match finished only 3-1 but they could've easily beat us 5-2 or 6-2. They have become an unbelievable team. I mean German teams have always been well organized but this one has flair also, I think Spain and Germany will play in the final of the Euro's next year and I like the Germans chances.
    Agreed. I've only seen highlights, but they do seem awesome.

Must be difficult to se Ozil tear things up on the field.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. I've only seen highlights, but they do seem awesome.

Must be difficult to se Ozil tear things up on the field.
    Meh, the guy was born in Germany he got his football education in Germany, he became a pro in Germany. The only thing linking him to Turkey is the nationality of his parents and his name. Of course I would've loved it if he had chosen to play for us but I understand why he didn't.

Besides over the years we've benefited a lot from the German youth system with players like Hamit Altintop, Halil Altıntop, Nuri Sahin, Hakan Balta etc. So it's only fair they get some of them as well

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Besides over the years we've benefited a lot from the German youth system with players like Hamit Altintop, Halil Altıntop, Nuri Sahin, Hakan Balta etc. So it's only fair they get some of them as well
    Good point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    19-12 and we're going to the semis!! Huge first half that ended with a 16-0 lead.

Woot-woot! Wales next Saturday.

OK, the Gods are with me, this is a good sign. Our soccer and rugby team were playing a bit like the Jets: talented but very dissapointing. They both woke up this weekend....on to the Pats.

i watched the rugby game, it was great.

though i couldn't help but think that the missed kicks in the first half were gonna come back to haunt France

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i watched the rugby game, it was great.

though i couldn't help but think that the missed kicks in the first half were gonna come back to haunt France
    This is sooo typical of us. When we've hit rock bottom, and everyone sees us losing, we pull an awesome game from our azz. It's not for nothing our emblem is a cock ()he sings when he's knee deep in crap

Now that we've done that, and have a winnable game against Wales, we should crap the bed.
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 10-10-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bosnia 1 - 1 France

So we finished first, Bosnia moves on to playoff round.

Portugal also goes to playoff round..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bosnia 1 - 1 France

Portugal always chokes, it's uncanny.

when's the rugby game vs. Wales?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Portugal always chokes, it's uncanny.

when's the rugby game vs. Wales?
    Saturday 10AM Paris time.

Hehe, meeting some buddies in a pub..pints for breakfast

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bosnia 1 - 1 France

The teams entering the playoffs:

Turkey
    Eire
    Estonia
    Bosnia
    Croatia
    Montenegro
    Portugal
    Czech Rep

I think Turkey, Portugal, Czech Rep and Croatia should be the seeded teams but I'm not sure. The draw is on thursday.