Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best pizza in NY?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;4179089]...Bill's...Kingsbridge and Jerome ave...still there after 50 yrs...and u are so right...the worst pizza in new york is better than anything outside of it...[/QUOTE]
    California bagels leave much to be desired too.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4178915]I have an acquaintance going to NY and wants to know the best pizza place. This being food central (as well as sex, liquor, photo shopping and gourmet feast central) I thought I would ask the best.[/QUOTE]

My wife's pizza. She makes home made, low fat. Delicious and keeps you healthy and slim.

[QUOTE=EM31;4179100]California bagels leave much to be desired too.[/QUOTE]...new york is one the worlds premier food cities because of the ingenius aquaduct system it has for bringing spring water to the city...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Roma's in Tuckahoe

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;4179037]Di Fara Pizza on Avenue J in Brooklyn is the best pizza I ever had. I also like the trays from Spumoni Gardens on 86th street in Brooklyn.

As for the city, Lombardis on Spring St. and Artichoke Pizza on 14th street between 1st and 2nd,.[/QUOTE]

and Grimaldi's

Waldy's in Manhattan

[QUOTE=simijet;4179067]Damn, I've lived in California for the past 20 years and I'd kill for even the worst NY pizza from a cockroach infested pizzeria in the south Bronx!!![/QUOTE]

I am out in our LA office at least 3x/month. Pizza in LA is so high-end. "Coal fired pizza;" gluten free etc. LMAO. I didn't even know what gluten was until I began traveling to LA on a regular basis.

Give me my regular NY slice anyday of the week.

Papa John's has that new recipe too.... OMG that thing is DELISH! Not sure if you get those up in NY though. Your loss of course.

[QUOTE=2foolish197;4179089]...Bill's...Kingsbridge and Jerome ave...still there after 50 yrs...and u are so right...the worst pizza in new york is better than anything outside of it...[/QUOTE]

Adrienne's Pizza Bar on stone street has the best grandma square pie!!

Aritchoke Pizza...super rich and will undoubtedly clog your arteries in just one slice (the slices are huge). But it is definitely worth all of the extra time you'd have to put in at the gym.

For traditional pizza, any of the major ones you see on google or the suggestions on here will do you justice.

And for authentic New York pizza, there's this hole in the wall joint called Sbarros. You can't miss it in times square.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4178958]John's Pizzeria of Bleeker St

Lombardi's

Denino's (Staten Island) Best sausage pie I ever had[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=The Hit Stick;4178998]Salvatore of Soho (Staten Island) best brick oven. I like the slices at Claudio's (43rd and 10th)[/QUOTE]

A few more I would add for the Staten Island list:

Joe & Pat's
    Nunzio's
    Lee's Tavern
    Goodfellas

[QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;4179037]Di Fara Pizza on Avenue J in Brooklyn is the best pizza I ever had.[/QUOTE]

Difara's is great but if you order a pie or a slice there get ready to wait b/c it's usually that one old guy in there working basically by himself serving 50 different people at the same time.

Howard Beach has some great pizzarias. Aldo's on Cross Bay Blvd is excellent.

Donna's in Palisades Park is the best slice in North Jersey.

There is a great pizzeria right outside Grand Central Terminal.
    Last edited by TerminatorJet; 10-08-2011 at 05:56 AM.

Modern Pizza in New Haven Ct.....enough said....

Jets Insider VIP

Not true...Portofino's of Charlotte NC is owned by a family from NJ and their pizza is better than 90 percent of NY pizza. It aint "The BEST" but it is better than most I had while I lived and worked in NY.

and..their pie guy Andrew is a JETS fan. Wears a NY Titans hat behind the counter.

[QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4179667][B]Difara's is great but if you order a pie or a slice there get ready to wait b/c it's usually that one old guy in there working basically by himself serving 50 different people at the same time.
    [/B]
    Howard Beach has some great pizzarias. Aldo's on Cross Bay Blvd is excellent.

Donna's in Palisades Park is the best slice in North Jersey.

There is a great pizzeria right outside Grand Central Terminal.[/QUOTE]

+50. If you take your guests there, they will either hate you for waiting 2 hours for a slice of pizza in a crammed place or will love you for taking them to have the best pizza they will ever eat

Jets Insider VIP
    Southside wins this thread.

Sort of off-topic but I don't care. Best Pizza in New Brunswick is King's.

[QUOTE=Jetworks;4179518]A few more I would add for the Staten Island list:

Joe & Pat's
    Nunzio's
    [B]Lee's Tavern[/B]
    Goodfellas[/QUOTE]

What a great place to hang out in the 70s. Whether you went in to watch a ball game or drink a few pitchers, it was the quintessential small neighborhood bar. Dickie made the most amazing clam pie. That sounds like a risque joke, but it's true.

Also, Nunzio's was awesome going back to the 60s in my case.

Forget Those!!!! For authentic awesome pizza AND ambience try:

[url]http://www.capizzinyc.com/[/url]

[QUOTE=Ruby2;4179691]Southside wins this thread.[/QUOTE]

:D

All League
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4179030]Vincent's, Lynbrook, L.I.[/QUOTE]

LOL NO.

Take it from me, they make the worst tasting Pizza in Lynbrook out of the 7 pizza joints we have here. Their pasta dishes are good however.