Thread: Another tv thread

Jets Insider VIP

Another tv thread

Yeah I know, lame right.

Anyways.... want a 46 inch LCD want to keep price around 800ish bucks. Not interested in 3D.

Ok go!

Jets Insider VIP
    You've just lost potential consideration for moderator and Top Ten status...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4179475]Yeah I know, lame right.

Anyways.... want a 46 inch LCD want to keep price around 800ish bucks. Not interested in 3D.

Ok go![/QUOTE]

I have a Vizio and I love it. Now GFY :P

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4179478]You've just lost potential consideration for moderator and Top Ten status...[/QUOTE]

Sooth actually recently offered me mod status, but due to my busy schedule, unfortunately I had to decline.

Jets Insider VIP
    at this point:

LOLGFY

:shakehead

I have a Samsung 46 inch lcd, very very nice tv and very glad I purchased it a couple of years ago.

Best prices anywhere.

[url]http://www.abesofmaine.com/[/url]

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Ruby2;4179475]Yeah I know, lame right.

Ok go![/QUOTE]

How big is the room the TV is going in? Why 46"? Do you already have a flat screen TV in the room? If so, how big is it?

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4179542]How big is the room the TV is going in? Why 46"? Do you already have a flat screen TV in the room? If so, how big is it?

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I am moving into a place with an actual legit living room, and my 32 inch Sharp LCD would be way to small. 46 seems like it would work (thats the size in my parents living room) and my living room will be roughly the same size as that. If I would guesstimate I would say the living room is around 300-400 sq ft.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 10-07-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Banned
    I have a 46" Toshiba LCD. Not sure what it sells for now (I got it two years ago for >$1300), but it's pretty badass.

Hall Of Fame
    Don't forget to measure your nose, Ruby.

I don't know why..but I heard it's important.

All League
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4179480]Sooth actually recently offered me mod status, but due to my busy schedule, unfortunately I had to decline.[/QUOTE]

C'mon. A blow job takes, what, five minutes tops? :huh:

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Ruby2;4179569]I am moving into a place with an actual legit living room, and my 32 inch Sharp LCD would be way to small. 46 seems like it would work (thats the size in my parents living room) and my living room will be roughly the same size as that. If I would guesstimate I would say the living room is around 300-400 sq ft.[/QUOTE]

Get a tape measure and tell me the distance from your logical sitting location to the wall where the TV will be placed.

High-end LCD's will allow (potentially) a 55" panel to go where a
    46" is recommended due to better processing. Since you're on a budget, the distance is critical to get you the best picture quality. You may need a 40".

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4179542]How big is the room the TV is going in? Why 46"? Do you already have a flat screen TV in the room? If so, how big is it?

SAR I[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=SAR I;4179677]Get a tape measure and tell me the distance from your logical sitting location to the wall where the TV will be placed.

High-end LCD's will allow (potentially) a 55" panel to go where a
    46" is recommended due to better processing. Since you're on a budget, the distance is critical to get you the best picture quality. You may need a 40".

SAR I[/QUOTE]

This is like forum crack to you, isn't it? :D

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Jetworks;4179918]This is like forum crack to you, isn't it?[/QUOTE]

I'm just trying to help people in an area that I have some expertise in. Must be about 30 JI members since 2005 that I've advised HDTV purchases on, got lots of 'thank you's', don't recall any complaints.

These days it's not the rocket science it used to be but that's only if you spend a decent amount of money on a mid-to-high tier brand. Can't really go wrong with certain size relationships. But if you're looking at the $499 dollar 46" at WalMart the size/distance ratio is just as important now as it was 5 years ago because you're essentially buying a 5 year old panel from a quality/spec standpoint.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Not really sure the exact distance at this moment, because we have yet to decide how exactly we want to set the room up.

Say we did go 40 SAR, is there something you could recommend for 800ish in that size range?

Jets Insider VIP
    :rimjob:

Jets Insider VIP
    now if we can figure out how to trap SAR in one of these threads.....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Peebag;4180481]now if we can figure out how to trap SAR in one of these threads.....[/QUOTE]

Mebbe make a thread about an iPad, televisions and women's feet?

:dunno:

All Pro
    I just got an 80 inch. How the hell do I hang this thing on the wall?

I'm thinking hire someone for the professional install.