Thread: Saving babies, *****es!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Saving babies, *****es!!!

So, I pull into my driveway and this woman starts walking towards us (I had the whole family with me) and she has a half-panicked look on her face and I can just tell she's getting ready to ask me something, I'm thinking directions or a flat.

Woman- "Do you have a Slim-Jim?"

Me- "I guess you locked your keys in your car?"

Woman- "Yes. WITH MY 2 YEAR OLD INSIDE!!" :eek:

Me- "Ok, I don't have one, but I am going to help you! Tell me where your car is and I will meet you there!"

After I run inside to grab a hanger and a couple of other tools, I jaunt up the block to where mom is and I see Grandma is outside the SUV trying to console the little girl, having no success at all. The kid was crying hysterically inside. I purposely brought my shield with me, so I walk up to the car and tell the kid that I am a policeman and I am going to help her so mommy can get in and give her a hug. That doesn't help one bit.:(

However, the mom says to me "that's funny, I'm an officer too. I even told the cops on the phone that, 45 minutes ago".:angry: I tell her that I am actually a correction officer; so is she, on Rikers no less! All the while I'm working the wire hanger and finally I'm successful in pushing the power lock button. Mom's thrilled, baby's still screaming and I'm feeling good for not just helping out someone in need, but having it turn out to be one of my own. Quite a serendipitous turn of events.

The local precinct? They can EAD.:mad:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good show JW!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Way to be a great neighbor, Jetworks!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4180047]The local precinct? They can EAD.:mad:[/QUOTE]

A doorstop, a hammer and a hanger.

All you need....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq0llrCYtCQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq0llrCYtCQ[/URL]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's really not that big of a [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]deal[/COLOR][/B] anyone can do it.

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/32hanger.jpg[/IMG]

:alien:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4180098]A doorstop, a hammer and a hanger.

All you need....[/QUOTE]

I had a screwdriver for prying and small pliers for bending. I'll add the doorstop to the arsenal, thanks.

[QUOTE=crossfire;4180526]It's really not that big of a [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]deal[/COLOR][/B] anyone can do it.

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/32hanger.jpg[/IMG]

:alien:[/QUOTE]

Amazing.

A-ma-zing.

Top 10, no question.:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    well done, dude! :clapper:

not to take away from your heroics, but if i was ever in the situation where my kid is locked in the car for more than 15 minutes and i can't get the door to open, you bet i'm gonna go King Kong on that b!tch, bust a window open and get my kid out of there.

i wouldn't just wait around 45 minutes for a 32green type to get off his fat azz and decide that it's his job to come help :rolleyes: