Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: NBA lockout

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    You gotta be kidding? The Knicks as an organization are a bad joke.
    And that affects Amare how? He could have done the easy thing and stayed in Phoenix with Nash or signed to play with Rose and Noah in Chicago for the max or close to it but he chose the Knicks instead b/c he wanted to succeed on the biggest stage in the world.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Actually not true the NETS had a good attence when they wheren't the worst NBA team and moving. Most NBA teams are like that when they suck. We have just sucked more then most. When Kidd was here and we where making the POs they had an average attendence of 98% so the ability to draw fans is there. They also never had a great record at the time and Continental was also the worst area. There was nothing nice about that place. Wasn't until 04 when they announced they where moving the attence dropped every year. Kidd left and was no one even worth watching. I liked Harris but he was always injured. Even when Coleman was the big draw they had an OK attence in the 90s. We actually went to see Coleman?

    It is hard to root for a team that has a new best player every year and is obviously not trying to get better. Jefferson and Harris where our best players we parted with them both. They spent a bunch of draft picks and a good prospect to rent Williams in a loosing season to boost attendence. It is obvious he is not coming back. Either they are clueless or just dont want to build a team. Philly had a better team and was last in attendce this year. For all the 6er fans out there whining about Igi I would kill to have that guy under contract. Should we move them too? Even the Knicks had some truble filling the stands in the Thomas era and they are one of the big 3 draws.

    Maybe I'm just bind with anger here. I DO feel pissed on as a NETS fan and have ever sence 2004. Ratner can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned. That is really my only opinion on the matter.

    Dirk is good but I have never been a big fan. I would take him over Wade easy. He is like a white Ewing. Great player but ugly as heck. I see why Knicks fans would relate. I used to like Amare but he can't stay healthy and didn't get it done with a very talented Suns team. Maybe Chis Paul but they totally made him look like a bad guy last year. Everyone keeps going Durant but he is still not there IMO. Right now I just dont see that guy, sorry.
    I've been to plenty of Nets games throughout the years their attendance was abysmal. Even playoff games you'd see entire sections at Continental Arena (now IZOD) empty or close to empty. You sound like a dedicated Nets fan and you and that organization deserved better as a whole from the NJ area fanbase but it never materialized.

    And the Nets have been good. Two NBA Finals appearances the last 10 years and several playoff appearances yet they still couldn't draw.

    I'm just so sick and tired of Francesa wannabes obsessed with baseball and football making lame generalizations about the NBA. You don't sound like one of them but there are plenty in the NY/NJ area.

    Anytime you mention the letters NBA together it's like a reflex "thug turds" "divas" "tatoos". Whatever. Last season was fantastic basketball with the Heat becoming the villain team everyone loves to hate and seeing a great owner with an even greater player beat them in the Finals. Knicks finally came back to respectability and are on the right track with Melo and Amare. Kobe got eliminated. 8th seed like the Grizzlies almost made it all the way to the championship.

    I like the NBA. I'm sorry if that offends the Mike Francesa-esque sensibilities of Jets fans who supposedly hate him.
    Last edited by TerminatorJet; 11-12-2011 at 05:36 PM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    I've been to plenty of Nets games throughout the years their attendance was abysmal. Even playoff games you'd see entire sections at Continental Arena (now IZOD) empty or close to empty. You sound like a dedicated Nets fan and you and that organization deserved better as a whole from the NJ area fanbase but it never materialized.

    And the Nets have been good. Two NBA Finals appearances the last 10 years and several playoff appearances yet they still couldn't draw.

    I'm just so sick and tired of Francesa wannabes obsessed with baseball and football making lame generalizations about the NBA. You don't sound like one of them but there are plenty in the NY/NJ area.

    Anytime you mention the letters NBA together it's like a reflex "thug turds" "divas" "tatoos". Whatever. Last season was fantastic basketball with the Heat becoming the villain team everyone loves to hate and seeing a great owner with an even greater player beat them in the Finals. Knicks finally came back to respectability and are on the right track with Melo and Amare. Kobe got eliminated. 8th seed like the Grizzlies almost made it all the way to the championship.

    I like the NBA. I'm sorry if that offends the Mike Francesa-esque sensibilities of Jets fans who supposedly hate him.
    This is what makes the lockout such a shame.Last year was the 1st time in about 7 years that I watched a decent amount of the NBAGot back into the Knicks a little and the Heat were great for the league.Every sport needs a villian

    Just as casual fans like me start coming back the lockout happens

    If they lose the season the casual fans may not come back

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,202
    Who cares a out the NBA right now? I never watch a game until after football season anyways.

    I think these players are delusional. The owners are not going to give in. D Fish needs to come to terms and get the union to wake up.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    I've been to plenty of Nets games throughout the years their attendance was abysmal. Even playoff games you'd see entire sections at Continental Arena (now IZOD) empty or close to empty. You sound like a dedicated Nets fan and you and that organization deserved better as a whole from the NJ area fanbase but it never materialized.

    And the Nets have been good. Two NBA Finals appearances the last 10 years and several playoff appearances yet they still couldn't draw.

    I'm just so sick and tired of Francesa wannabes obsessed with baseball and football making lame generalizations about the NBA. You don't sound like one of them but there are plenty in the NY/NJ area.

    Anytime you mention the letters NBA together it's like a reflex "thug turds" "divas" "tatoos". Whatever. Last season was fantastic basketball with the Heat becoming the villain team everyone loves to hate and seeing a great owner with an even greater player beat them in the Finals. Knicks finally came back to respectability and are on the right track with Melo and Amare. Kobe got eliminated. 8th seed like the Grizzlies almost made it all the way to the championship.

    I like the NBA. I'm sorry if that offends the Mike Francesa-esque sensibilities of Jets fans who supposedly hate him.

    Hay 3 or even 2 years ago I would have been on your side. The NBA was the most competive league then it ever was. Now I see them going backward. The last few years have just totally killed my intrest. Last years the ending was great, the good guys won. My team is gone now the show is just over IMO. I'm just done with the league and it has nothing to do with players being "thug". Although I did get a kick out of that guy in Boston banging James mom. That was thug and the funniest story of the year IMO. Outside of that I could care less what happens to the "Dream Team". I liked watching LA vs Boston much more. LA was already the team everyone loved to hate.

  6. #26
    The lockout really sucks. The Knicks finally get competitive after us die-hards suffering through a decade of under .500 basketball and we may lose a season.

    As for the Nets point, I'm not a Nets hater and I went to several games at Continental when they had their run of Finals appearances. I don't have any figures, but I don't recall them ever having great attendance from my own personal experiences. Continental holds 19,040 and each time I went I'd estimate attendance was only about 13k - 14k.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    And that affects Amare how? He could have done the easy thing and stayed in Phoenix with Nash or signed to play with Rose and Noah in Chicago for the max or close to it but he chose the Knicks instead b/c he wanted to succeed on the biggest stage in the world.
    The Bulls didn't want him and they went after Boozer instead. D'Antonio will never be a above average coach and Amare or Carmello will suffer because of it. The Knicks ownership has destroyed themselves year after year.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    The Bulls didn't want him and they went after Boozer instead. D'Antonio will never be a above average coach and Amare or Carmello will suffer because of it. The Knicks ownership has destroyed themselves year after year.
    Knicks are clearly trending upward...

    While I'm not a Dolan fan by any means, he's obviously committed to building a championship caliber team... At least player wise.

    D'Antoni isn't the guy though, I agree. (By the way, Dantonio is the coach of the Spartans football team)

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Knicks are clearly trending upward...

    While I'm not a Dolan fan by any means, he's obviously committed to building a championship caliber team... At least player wise.

    D'Antoni isn't the guy though, I agree. (By the way, Dantonio is the coach of the Spartans football team)
    Trending upwards? Drafting SHumpert 17th?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    The Bulls didn't want him and they went after Boozer instead. D'Antonio will never be a above average coach and Amare or Carmello will suffer because of it. The Knicks ownership has destroyed themselves year after year.
    Bulls wanted to sign a free agent big man and Boozer was their 3rd choice after Bosh and Amare. I do agree it is time for a new coach.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Trending upwards? Drafting SHumpert 17th?
    It was really him or Nolan Smith...

    That aside, do you honestly think Shumpert will be the starting P in NY...Ever?

  12. #32
    as a Knicks fan, and having suffered through the dementia of the Layden/Isiah years, i was really looking forward to what the Amare-Melo Knicks could do over a full season.

    as an NBA fan, however, i'm glad the lockout happened and that it looks as though the season is lost. the NBA system is broken, the season is too long and the players have way too many benefits, so nobody plays hard.


    need to get back to the way it was in the 80's and early 90's. only the real stars made big money. everyone else had to fight hard to get paid. not like today where any bum on the bench is getting $6 million-plus and not even suiting up.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    It was really him or Nolan Smith...

    That aside, do you honestly think Shumpert will be the starting P in NY...Ever?
    Billups is the starting PG this year (if there's a season), hopefully Paul the following year. If the cap is reduced to a point that the Knicks can't sign Paul they will probably have enough cap room to sign Raymond Felton to a long-term deal in 2012.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    Billups is the starting PG this year (if there's a season), hopefully Paul the following year. If the cap is reduced to a point that the Knicks can't sign Paul they will probably have enough cap room to sign Raymond Felton to a long-term deal in 2012.
    I'm a no on Felton...

    Billups' contract is far too enticing for a team to not want to pick up mid way through...

    50 game season would hurt that.

    That's the only reason I care about the lockout thus far.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I'm a no on Felton...

    Billups' contract is far too enticing for a team to not want to pick up mid way through...

    50 game season would hurt that.

    That's the only reason I care about the lockout thus far.
    If the Knicks don't pull off a sign-and-trade for Paul they are going to sign Felton the following off-season. He's a good player and did well here in NY.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Actually not true the NETS had a good attence when they wheren't the worst NBA team and moving. Most NBA teams are like that when they suck. We have just sucked more then most. When Kidd was here and we where making the POs they had an average attendence of 98% so the ability to draw fans is there. They also never had a great record at the time and Continental was also the worst area. There was nothing nice about that place. Wasn't until 04 when they announced they where moving the attence dropped every year. Kidd left and was no one even worth watching. I liked Harris but he was always injured. Even when Coleman was the big draw they had an OK attence in the 90s. We actually went to see Coleman?

    It is hard to root for a team that has a new best player every year and is obviously not trying to get better. Jefferson and Harris where our best players we parted with them both. They spent a bunch of draft picks and a good prospect to rent Williams in a loosing season to boost attendence. It is obvious he is not coming back. Either they are clueless or just dont want to build a team. Philly had a better team and was last in attendce this year. For all the 6er fans out there whining about Igi I would kill to have that guy under contract. Should we move them too? Even the Knicks had some truble filling the stands in the Thomas era and they are one of the big 3 draws.

    Maybe I'm just bind with anger here. I DO feel pissed on as a NETS fan and have ever sence 2004. Ratner can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned. That is really my only opinion on the matter.

    Dirk is good but I have never been a big fan. I would take him over Wade easy. He is like a white Ewing. Great player but ugly as heck. I see why Knicks fans would relate. I used to like Amare but he can't stay healthy and didn't get it done with a very talented Suns team. Maybe Chis Paul but they totally made him look like a bad guy last year. Everyone keeps going Durant but he is still not there IMO. Right now I just dont see that guy, sorry.
    Dont ditch.

    Brooklyn is going to be great for the orginization.

    Theres some buzz now. If they were able to bring in Dwight....well that with the combination of Deron and having Brooklyn on the jersey will make them a big time player.

  17. #37
    Let the NBA season start the day after the Superbowl when there are no other sports. That would be cool.

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,241
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    Couldn't happen to a better sport and a better bunch of people

    /end thread
    thread continues due to short sightedness (if its a word)

    what about the people who work in the arenas and the restaurants and bars near the arena that rely on those 41 nights when NBA fans are there? Milwaukee, Sacramento, San Antonio etc. isnt New York.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    +1

    A shortened season that is between 50-65 games would be just what the dr ordered.
    Tin man....glass man Stoudemire needs short season!

  20. #40
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    3,167
    I'll miss the NBA after the Super Bowl.

    Could care less for now though

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us