Thread: The Avengers

The Avengers

[URL="http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/"]http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/[/URL]

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4185966][URL="http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/"]http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/[/URL][/QUOTE]

It looks pretty cool with a bonus thrown in-Scarlett Johansen as the Black Widow!! :hump:

[QUOTE=Johnny Bravo;4186059]It looks pretty cool with a bonus thrown in-Scarlett Johansen as the Black Widow!! :hump:[/QUOTE]

I just hate how they've used a new person to play the Hulk in all of the movies. Ed Norton was great in the last film.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4186062]I just hate how they've used a new person to play the Hulk in all of the movies. Ed Norton was great in the last film.[/QUOTE]

+1 - I also wish they would throw in Goliath/Giant Man as well

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4186062]I just hate how they've used a new person to play the Hulk in all of the movies. Ed Norton was great in the last film.[/QUOTE]

i actually really liked the first Hulk movie, more so than the Ed Norton version.

it had a great cast (Bana, Connelly, Elliot, Nolte) and IMHO, it did really good job of going into the depths of the character beyond just "scientist gets blasted with gamma rays and turns into angry green monster." sure enough, going into the depths of the character is what most people [I]didn't[/I] like about the movie.

the Norton 'Hulk' was good but i didn't see the need to do a whole franchise re-boot. it could've very easily been done as a sequel, especially the way one film ended (in a jungle in South America) and the other one started (with Banner hiding out in Rio).

/Hulk rant.

Looks very ambitious. Can't wait to see it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Johnny Bravo;4186059]It looks pretty cool with a bonus thrown in-Scarlett Johansen as the Black Widow!! :hump:[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.gotceleb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/1298987570614.gif[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Peebag;4186087]+1 - I also wish they would throw in Goliath/Giant Man as well[/QUOTE]

Nerd.

:P

:alien:

Avengers vs X-Men would be an epic showdown. :yes:
    Last edited by Jetworks; 10-11-2011 at 07:00 PM.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Ah....I remember back in the late 90s when Marvel was just coming out of bankruptcy. It was selling for less than $2.00 a share, but all of us comic book nerds knew big things were on the horizon. X-men was in pre-production and Spiderman was finally given the green light to get made. Rumors swirled about a slew of other movies in the works. Everyone thought these films finally had a chance to work because the special effects were finally at a point where it made sense.

As a poor law student at IU I BEGGED my parents for $10K, told them it was for school, but really wanted to buy some stock in the comic book company I so dearly loved as a kid.

10 years later, MVL was purchased by Disney. If you took the deal you got $30 for each MVL share plus another 2/3rds of a share of Disney stock for each share of MVL stock. If you waited it out, MVL was selling for a little over $50 a share just before the deal closed.

Lots of money to be made in comic books. :yes::yes::yes:

Avengers!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

P.S. - my parents never gave me the cash.

FML

Hall Of Fame
    Been patiently waiting to see Dr. Strange battling it out with the Dread Dormammu on the big screen.

Ah well :(

[QUOTE=IndianaJet;4186740]Ah....I remember back in the late 90s when Marvel was just coming out of bankruptcy. It was selling for less than $2.00 a share, but all of us comic book nerds knew big things were on the horizon. X-men was in pre-production and Spiderman was finally given the green light to get made. Rumors swirled about a slew of other movies in the works. Everyone thought these films finally had a chance to work because the special effects were finally at a point where it made sense.

As a poor law student at IU I BEGGED my parents for $10K, told them it was for school, but really wanted to buy some stock in the comic book company I so dearly loved as a kid.

10 years later, MVL was purchased by Disney. If you took the deal you got $30 for each MVL share plus another 2/3rds of a share of Disney stock for each share of MVL stock. If you waited it out, MVL was selling for a little over $50 a share just before the deal closed.

Lots of money to be made in comic books. :yes::yes::yes:

Avengers!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

P.S. - my parents never gave me the cash.

FML[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Jets Insider VIP
    Another comic book movie?

Yawn.