Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iOS 5 Released Today (Wednesday) - Get Your Devices Ready

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    man I'm ready for my at&t upgrade but as I live in Atlanta and we are one of their 5 LTE markets, I'm just going to wait for them to get their first LTE phone, instead of going to the 4S. Looks like HTC Holiday may be the first by year end.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Santonio;4187422]man I'm ready for my at&t upgrade but as I live in Atlanta and we are one of their 5 LTE markets, I'm just going to wait for them to get their first LTE phone, instead of going to the 4S. Looks like HTC Holiday may be the first by year end.[/QUOTE]

They have more than 5 LTE markets...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;4187081]Hmmm... #7 might be worrisome. I have some photos on my phone that don't need to be shared across all devices.[/QUOTE]

You need two apps my friend:

1. Camera+

2. GoodReader

Camera+ allows you to shoot 1000's of photos and stores them in the app itself, never makes it to the Camera Roll (until you export it when you want to).

GoodReader stores every format of video and photos to itself, has a built in webe browser and media player, and is double password protected. Many ways to get the video into the app (email, direct download, wi-fi import) and agian, doesn't show up in the Camera Roll or the Video app.

The best $1.98 you'll ever spend.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RussianGreen;4187249]What size TV this new OS supports and how far should I sit from it?[/QUOTE]

55", 10 feet.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4187368]

WTF is a cloud?[/QUOTE]

iCloud = Hard Drive In The Sky That Stores All Your Data And Pushes It Wirelessly To All Your Devices

In the very near future, we'll have super-slim internet devices that require no hard drive space at all for everything will be streamed to it from the Cloud.

Spooky.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4187455]They have more than 5 LTE markets...[/QUOTE]

AT&T? They just went live in Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, Chicago, Atlanta within the past month. Way behind Verizon and I don't even have an LTE phone option yet with them. They are supposed to expand to 10 more cities before year end but haven't heard which ones.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Santonio;4187505]They are supposed to expand to 10 more cities before year end but haven't heard [B]which ones[/B].[/QUOTE]

Meh. Edited. Better not to say anything at all.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4187512]Meh. Edited. Better not to say anything at all.[/QUOTE]

que? All i'm going by is the info they've provided. I could care less what city is next on the list, because the city i reside in these days now has LTE, but we just don't have a g-damn phone for it! That's the frustrating part.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4187477]You need two apps my friend:

1. Camera+

2. GoodReader

Camera+ allows you to shoot 1000's of photos and stores them in the app itself, never makes it to the Camera Roll (until you export it when you want to).

GoodReader stores every format of video and photos to itself, has a built in webe browser and media player, and is double password protected. Many ways to get the video into the app (email, direct download, wi-fi import) and agian, doesn't show up in the Camera Roll or the Video app.

The best $1.98 you'll ever spend.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? I have GoodReader, but I only use it to download and read PDF files. I thought that's all it did.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Santonio;4187530]que? All i'm going by is the info they've provided. I could care less what city is next on the list, because the city i reside in these days now has LTE, but we just don't have a g-damn phone for it! That's the frustrating part.[/QUOTE]

I understand.

It will be well worth it and you'll actually be able to use LTE the way it was intended, with the bandwidth it was intended, as opposed to VZ...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;4187534]Wait, what? I have GoodReader, but I only use it to download and read PDF files. I thought that's all it did.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's best features are what I'm talking about.

You can do these things for photos and videos:

1. Export from Camera Roll to GoodReader.

2. Import within GoodReader from Camera Roll.

3. Use GoodReader's built in browser to go to paid websites and download videos.

4. Use GoodReader's built in browser to go to paid websites and stream videos (without leaving evidence in Safari for someone to find).

5. Drag/drop video from your PC into GoodReader using iTunes (go into Apps and at the bottom of the screen you'll see GoodReader....open the link in iTunes and drag videos from your PC right in).

6. You can password protect the app (prompts every time it's opened) and also password protect a folder within it (prompts every time it's attempted to be opened).

I never use GR for PDF's or the real purpose it was designed for. I use it to hide private things from prying eyes.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I get iOS 5 on the ipad1?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So how long is it going to take to upgrade? I have to leave for football practice in about 2 hours, is that good?

Thanks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;4187646]Can I get iOS 5 on the ipad1?[/QUOTE]

Definitely. A couple of features won't work, like anything to do with the camera or mirroring on an HDTV. No biggie. I have an iPad 1 myself, not upgrading until they give me something of value beyond a camera. Want a higher-res screen.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4187663]So how long is it going to take to upgrade? I have to leave for football practice in about 2 hours, is that good?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Fo sho, but start it now.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4187663]So how long is it going to take to upgrade? I have to leave for football practice in about 2 hours, is that good?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's a two step process.

Hit "download" (not "download and update") as it takes about 90 minutes to download the update file (servers very busy today as you can imagine) and go to the football practice.

Then when you get home, hit "update" and it'll finish the process (reading forums and it's being reported that it takes over an hour to do your first backup/restore/sync).

So it's about 2 hours from start to finish, best to save yourself some time and do the two-step.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4187707]It's a two step process.

Hit "download" (not "download and update") as it takes about 90 minutes to download the update file (servers very busy today as you can imagine) and go to the football practice.

Then when you get home, hit "update" and it'll finish the process (reading forums and it's being reported that it takes over an hour to do your first backup/restore/sync).

So it's about 2 hours from start to finish, best to save yourself some time and do the two-step.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried twice...

Fargin' thing keeps telling me my phone can't be restored... An internal error occurred...

I'm assuming it is the server so I'll wait until tonight.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    An exciting feature of iOS 5 is wi-fi sync.

If you have an old iPod Touch as your in-car audio solution, just keep the wi-fi turned on and merely "docking" your car in the garage gets all your new tunes in there without having to unplug it and dragging it to your computer. Couple of Smart Playlists and you won't even need to click a button in iTunes either.

Sweet.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4187934]An exciting feature of iOS 5 is wi-fi sync.

If you have an old iPod Touch as your in-car audio solution, just keep the wi-fi turned on and merely "docking" your car in the garage gets all your new tunes in there without having to unplug it and dragging it to your computer. Couple of Smart Playlists and you won't even need to click a button in iTunes either.

Sweet.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Depends on how old your old iPod touch is... I have a 1st generation that I'm pretty sure is too old for iOS 5. Too bad because in car audio and podcasts are exactly what I use it for and this would be a time saving feature. It would save me a couple minutes in the garage each morning downloading the daily podcast.