Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 81

Thread: Michael Floyd, Nick Toon, Jeff Fuller

  1. #61
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I dont really like the value of this WR crop... at the top end. Don't get me wrong I'd love the Jets to have an Andre Johnson or a Calvin Johnson and I think Tannenbaum and Bradway want that too... but these guys... I shutter to think of how they will time in the 40. Blackmon, Floyd, I don't have any faith in them to break 4.5. Blackmon is like Bolden and that's great but pre-draft you don't want to use a 1st rounder on these types of players.

    don't get me wrong a guy can run poorly and be a great player (and a fast runner can be a worthless in the NFL) i'd rather not use a late first on that guy.

    id rather have a guy like Mike Wallace running 4.3s, in rd 2 or 3.

    the Jets need more deep threats they don't need more possession WR.
    Deep threats don't always have to be 4.4 guys. Vincent Jackson is a good example of a big guy who has average speed but is a good deep threat.

    Floyd can be a similar type of player, and I see a lot of Larry Fitzgerald in his game. There aren't many guys who can make plays on the ball in the air like Floyd. He isn't a speed burner, but I'd like to have him anyway.

    If they go a different route in the 1st or 2nd round, give me Travis Benjamin in the 4th-6th. Guy can flat out fly -- I expect to see a low 4.3 at the combine from him. If Miami had a decent QB, people would be talking about Benjamin a lot more. He's a poor man's DeSean Jackson.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    If they go a different route in the 1st or 2nd round, give me Travis Benjamin in the 4th-6th. Guy can flat out fly -- I expect to see a low 4.3 at the combine from him. If Miami had a decent QB, people would be talking about Benjamin a lot more. He's a poor man's DeSean Jackson.
    this is how i suspect the Jets front office values the position and I completely agree with Benjamin as the type of sleeper they would value.

  3. #63
    I don't see the Boldin-Blackmon comparison at all. Not that it matters, Blackmon will be long gone.

    Who cares about sub 4.5? As long as it's in the neighborhood. AJ Green and Jonathan Baldwin ran 4.5 flat. Julio Jones ran a 4.39. Green and Baldwin are far better deep receivers than Jones.

    When you watched Green and Baldwin, you saw them get behind people. You see the same thing with Floyd. What you also see is the ability to make the circus catch with remarkable consistency. Floyd jumps out at me when I watch him. He makes plays that make me say "This guy is gonna be a good one." He looks like a wide receiver. Goes up and gets the ball, get his feet down. I don't see anything that would concern me speed-wise. He's not Andre or Calvin fast, but that's fine. I've seen him get behind people, and run away from people.

    We're not looking for a speed demon, we're looking for a compliment to Holmes.

  4. #64
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,674
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I don't see the Boldin-Blackmon comparison at all. Not that it matters, Blackmon will be long gone.

    Who cares about sub 4.5? As long as it's in the neighborhood. AJ Green and Jonathan Baldwin ran 4.5 flat. Julio Jones ran a 4.39. Green and Baldwin are far better deep receivers than Jones.

    When you watched Green and Baldwin, you saw them get behind people. You see the same thing with Floyd. What you also see is the ability to make the circus catch with remarkable consistency. Floyd jumps out at me when I watch him. He makes plays that make me say "This guy is gonna be a good one." He looks like a wide receiver. Goes up and gets the ball, get his feet down. I don't see anything that would concern me speed-wise. He's not Andre or Calvin fast, but that's fine. I've seen him get behind people, and run away from people.

    We're not looking for a speed demon, we're looking for a compliment to Holmes.
    Bit, not to kill you to bad, but he does have a point here.

    Remember how enamored you were with Julio last year? I believe you actually said that he would be a better pro than AJ Green.

    Jones looks like a player, but AJ Green looks down right special right now. Just shows you that speed and measurables isn't everything.

  5. #65
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    B, but AJ Green looks down right special right now.

    I want (for once the love of fcking god) that feeling about a WR we draft. I don't want "nice value" or "looks like a sleeper". I want to go all in on a marquee blue chip WR and score.

    I think Floyd can be that guy. Put Heinz Ward and Steve Smith together in their primes, and you get Floyd.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Bit, not to kill you to bad, but he does have a point here.

    Remember how enamored you were with Julio last year? I believe you actually said that he would be a better pro than AJ Green.

    Jones looks like a player, but AJ Green looks down right special right now. Just shows you that speed and measurables isn't everything.
    they are both looking very good, i don't have faith that AJ Green can hold up to an NFL level of punishment. My point last year was every list in the land had AJ as a clear #1 and Julio as a clear #2 but they were both #1's.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    they are both looking very good, i don't have faith that AJ Green can hold up to an NFL level of punishment. My point last year was every list in the land had AJ as a clear #1 and Julio as a clear #2 but they were both #1's.
    I really don't think that's going to be nearly as much of an issue going forward. It's illegal to hit receivers too hard.

  8. #68
    if we are talking about receivers, how about LSU junior Rueben Randle? might be best WR in SEC, even over Jeffery.

  9. #69
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,109
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    if we are talking about receivers, how about LSU junior Rueben Randle? might be best WR in SEC, even over Jeffery.
    i question that remark, but would love to see randle make that point on saturday night. More guys surface as a legit #1's, means more chances that Floyd falls to where we need him.

  10. #70
    also Myles McNutt Iowa having a very good year

  11. #71
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,674
    Wonder how far Broyles will fall now after that tragic injury

    On another note, how much of a beast is Justin Blackmon???

    Bradford to Blackmon could be insaneeeee.

  12. #72
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,605
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    also Myles McNutt Iowa having a very good year
    Marvin.

  13. #73
    i doubt the jets would draft a wr in the 1st b/c they already paid holmes 1st round money. also the wrs who generally go 1st round have the best speed and the jets don't have that kind of a quick strike offense. i think the jets would like to find a legit heir to the plax position, a large, dependable possession wr who can break a tackle or two. maybe that's a mid to late 2nd round pick. absent pure value or a freak injury i expect the top 3 picks to be a 3-4 pass rusher to replace BT, a tall possession wr and a RT

  14. #74
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,109
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i doubt the jets would draft a wr in the 1st b/c they already paid holmes 1st round money. also the wrs who generally go 1st round have the best speed and the jets don't have that kind of a quick strike offense. i think the jets would like to find a legit heir to the plax position, a large, dependable possession wr who can break a tackle or two. maybe that's a mid to late 2nd round pick. absent pure value or a freak injury i expect the top 3 picks to be a 3-4 pass rusher to replace BT, a tall possession wr and a RT
    Strangely enough, our defense has been playing better since we lost BT. If we didn't spend top picks on OLB the last couple years, i don't expect us to now. We'll see how the oline fairs down the stretch. We're not spending a 1st round fcking pick on a RT.

    Plax is done next year with NY. we're not signing him to "last big contract" money.

    Floyd.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i doubt the jets would draft a wr in the 1st b/c they already paid holmes 1st round money. also the wrs who generally go 1st round have the best speed and the jets don't have that kind of a quick strike offense. i think the jets would like to find a legit heir to the plax position, a large, dependable possession wr who can break a tackle or two. maybe that's a mid to late 2nd round pick. absent pure value or a freak injury i expect the top 3 picks to be a 3-4 pass rusher to replace BT, a tall possession wr and a RT
    1st round money isn't what it used to be. Wilkerson is on a 4 year, $7M contract. That's nothing.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    1st round money isn't what it used to be. Wilkerson is on a 4 year, $7M contract. That's nothing.
    it's still a defense-oriented team and rex still doesn't have his prised suggs pass rusher.

  17. #77
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,109
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it's still a defense-oriented team and rex still doesn't have his prised suggs pass rusher.
    read harder.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Marvin.
    i stand corrected

  19. #79
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,605
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    i stand corrected
    He is having a great year....you were spot on there. I think he'll be a good find for some in Rds 2-4

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I

    He is having a great year....you were spot on there. I think he'll be a good find for some in Rds 2-4
    I'd much rather have McNutt than Toon, who I feel is overrated by some on this board because of his dad.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us