Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 81

Thread: Michael Floyd, Nick Toon, Jeff Fuller

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,753

    Michael Floyd, Nick Toon, Jeff Fuller

    Three guys we should all be keeping a close eye on.

    Holmes is here for the long haul and Kerley looks to have some potential in the slot, but other than that, our receiving corps is in disarray.

    We just dumped Mason and there's a very good chance that Burress isn't on the roster next year. And even if he is, we need to start grooming a longterm replacement.


    Floyd, Toon and Fuller are all big targets at 6'3+ and could help give Sanchez some longterm continuity at WR. All 3 guys are slated to go in the mid-late 1st round.


    Receiver is quickly becoming my biggest area of concern, even ahead of OLB and FS.


    What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    i agree completely. I know we need a pure pass rusher and a safety too but with plax probobly gone and holmes here for awhile, getting a big/fast guy as the #2 would be awesome. i watch floyd play alot because my roomates a huge ND fan and i instantly see superstar

  3. #3
    TOON All the way baby!!! His father was AL TOON!!! he has to be a Jet. Make it happen please.. Al Toon is from the peninsula(NP News/Hamp) and im from the Southside(Norf.) The jets need a young WR too go with Holmes and JK if Plax dont go right.. u know???

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,465
    Fuller is not very good.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,247
    I think we all know how i feel about Floyd.

    He's going to be one of the most dominant WRs in the NFL for the next decade. Think Owens in SF & PHI

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I think we all know how i feel about Floyd.

    He's going to be one of the most dominant WRs in the NFL for the next decade. Think Owens in SF & PHI
    Nah, he doesn't have T.O. speed. A more appropriate comparison for Floyd would be Larry Fitzgerald.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,247
    I see more Owens than Larry. He works the interior and first down areas of the field like a monster.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I think we all know how i feel about Floyd.

    He's going to be one of the most dominant WRs in the NFL for the next decade. Think Owens in SF & PHI
    I wouldn't go that far.

    I like Floyd but I don't see a future HOFer or all-pro.

    He reminds me a lot of Braylon. Strong, physical receiver with the speed and athleticism to get downfield, but has lapses in judgement on the field and has baggage off of it.

    Still, I'd have no objections to taking any of these guys.

    I'll admit I have a soft spot for Nick Toon. The guy works and hustles his ass off and is always fighting for YAC. Great downfield blocker as well. And then of course there is the bloodlines. Slap an 88 on his back and let's break out the Toon chants again.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    No mention of Alshon Jeffrey? That guy is an animal.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,753
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    No mention of Alshon Jeffrey? That guy is an animal.
    I didn't include Blackmon or Jeffrey because I don't see either falling out of the Top 10.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Eastchester, NY
    Posts
    1,272
    I'd like to think that we would be looking at a WR in round 1, but I can't see Rex endorsing that with the way our OL and LBs are playing this year. I see OLB and OT/OG, respectively, in the first two rounds. Hopefully they'll be able to find a Denarius Moore or two in the later rounds.

  12. #12

    the jets brass......

    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    TOON All the way baby!!! His father was AL TOON!!! he has to be a Jet. Make it happen please.. Al Toon is from the peninsula(NP News/Hamp) and im from the Southside(Norf.) The jets need a young WR too go with Holmes and JK if Plax dont go right.. u know???
    hasnt gone after any prior jet offsprings, what make you think they will start with toon's son.

  13. #13
    Dwight Jones (pronounced like the rapper Mike Jones)

    Tall, great hands...had a great year last year but is having an absolute monster senior year. He has no problems getting down the field either. I've seen the guy score in a multitude of ways...deep ball, catch-and-run, red zone, you name it.

    As a UNC alum, I've gotten to see Jones, Nicks, Tate, Little, etc... Each guy had a different skillset, but Jones is only a peg below Nicks and definitely better than Tate and Little.

    I don't profess to be a CFB talent evaluator (I don't care nearly as much about the college game as the NFL), but assuming he runs a sub < 4.55 40 time, he would be an awesome fit for this team.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I didn't include Blackmon or Jeffrey because I don't see either falling out of the Top 10.
    Dunno about top 10, but ya - not to us... (tempted to make a jab about our record and draft position here... )

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Dwight Jones (pronounced like the rapper Mike Jones)

    Tall, great hands...had a great year last year but is having an absolute monster senior year. He has no problems getting down the field either. I've seen the guy score in a multitude of ways...deep ball, catch-and-run, red zone, you name it.

    As a UNC alum, I've gotten to see Jones, Nicks, Tate, Little, etc... Each guy had a different skillset, but Jones is only a peg below Nicks and definitely better than Tate and Little.

    I don't profess to be a CFB talent evaluator (I don't care nearly as much about the college game as the NFL), but assuming he runs a sub < 4.55 40 time, he would be an awesome fit for this team.
    Lol! you mean like Dwight Jooooones!

    Better than Little... that`s high praise.

    Still say Floyd for the lombardi (FTL)

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    No mention of Alshon Jeffrey? That guy is an animal.
    And apparantly has major weight problems... not something you want to read about a wide receiver...

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    And apparantly has major weight problems... not something you want to read about a wide receiver...

  17. #17
    I love Micheal Floyd since he is from ND. But he wont be there when we pick at the end of rd 1.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,247
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Whoa. I mean WHOA!


    ...Floyd will there when the Jets pick, because wherever he's picked is going to be when we go get him. TRUST ME

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Dwight Jones (pronounced like the rapper Mike Jones)

    Tall, great hands...had a great year last year but is having an absolute monster senior year. He has no problems getting down the field either. I've seen the guy score in a multitude of ways...deep ball, catch-and-run, red zone, you name it.

    As a UNC alum, I've gotten to see Jones, Nicks, Tate, Little, etc... Each guy had a different skillset, but Jones is only a peg below Nicks and definitely better than Tate and Little.

    I don't profess to be a CFB talent evaluator (I don't care nearly as much about the college game as the NFL), but assuming he runs a sub < 4.55 40 time, he would be an awesome fit for this team.
    The limited time i've seen him he's impressed me

  20. #20
    With the complete failure of Westerman at OLB is my first round priority is a replacement for Bryan Thomas, looking at Courtney Upshaw out of Alabama.
    Could Fuller or Toon slide into the second round ?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us