Thread: SO, HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE?

All Pro

SO, HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE?

Anyone here been through the jury selection program, where you sit in the court, have your name pulled out and you become one of twenty in a jury pool for a criminal case. Then, after about three hours of selecting, you get picked to sit on the jury for the said criminal case that starts in three hours.

So you get to go on lunch, and on your lunch break, you go down to the bar you work one shift a week at (but you just started three weeks earlier), and find out there is a defense lawyer in town who owns the bar (silent partner of course), so you should check and see if there are any issues.

So after returning for lunch, when you are in the jury room, the jury attendant explains your responsibilities and asks if anyone has any questions, so you mention that you just found out you work at a bar owned by a lawyer and thought you should mention it. And when you tell the jury attendant the name of the bar, she says that indeed the bar is silently owned by one of the defense attorney’s preciding over this case.

So she goes to tell the judge, and the all the lawyers and him have a twenty minute discussion, call you into the court alone, you explain the situation to everyone, then you are sequestered in a room for thirty minutes while there is more debate, and the judge/lawyers/crown speak with the jury involved.

Then, after all that time, the jury is all called in together into the court to find out that you asking that question in the jury room, in front of all the other jurors, may have caused a ‘tainting’ of the jury, for in Canada a person not only has the right to a fair trial, but the ‘appearance’ of a fair trail. So the whole jury is then dismissed from the case after a six hour day, none of which can be paid by their employers because the trial did not officially start, so they have not actually been ‘away’ for jury duty, the suspects get another week/two back in jail while they wait for another jury to be selected, and you waste six hours of tax payer money for nothing?

Has this happened to anyone, or am I alone in this?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=CanadaSteve;4189170]Anyone here been through the jury selection program, where you sit in the court, have your name pulled out and you become one of twenty in a jury pool for a criminal case. Then, after about three hours of selecting, you get picked to sit on the jury for the said criminal case that starts in three hours.

So you get to go on lunch, and on your lunch break, you go down to the bar you work one shift a week at (but you just started three weeks earlier), and find out there is a defense lawyer in town who owns the bar (silent partner of course), so you should check and see if there are any issues.

So after returning for lunch, when you are in the jury room, the jury attendant explains your responsibilities and asks if anyone has any questions, so you mention that you just found out you work at a bar owned by a lawyer and thought you should mention it. And when you tell the jury attendant the name of the bar, she says that indeed the bar is silently owned by one of the defense attorney’s preciding over this case.

So she goes to tell the judge, and the all the lawyers and him have a twenty minute discussion, call you into the court alone, you explain the situation to everyone, then you are sequestered in a room for thirty minutes while there is more debate, and the judge/lawyers/crown speak with the jury involved.

Then, after all that time, the jury is all called in together into the court to find out that you asking that question in the jury room, in front of all the other jurors, may have caused a ‘tainting’ of the jury, for in Canada a person not only has the right to a fair trial, but the ‘appearance’ of a fair trail. So the whole jury is then dismissed from the case after a six hour day, none of which can be paid by their employers because the trial did not officially start, so they have not actually been ‘away’ for jury duty, the suspects get another week/two back in jail while they wait for another jury to be selected, and you waste six hours of tax payer money for nothing?

Has this happened to anyone, or am I alone in this?[/QUOTE]

You probably have violated some confidentiality oath you took as a juror by posting this on the board.

You should probably get yourself a lawyer.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=CanadaSteve;4189170]Has this happened to anyone[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you....happened to the jury, the prisoner, the D.A. and the tazpayers.

:dunno:

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[IMG]http://hbd.org/discus/messages/34426/39641.jpg[/IMG]

I'm surprised the lawyer didn't reconize from this shot at the bar together

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;4189170]Anyone here been through the jury selection program, where you sit in the court, have your name pulled out and you become one of twenty in a jury pool for a criminal case. Then, after about three hours of selecting, you get picked to sit on the jury for the said criminal case that starts in three hours.

If you mean that, and then sleeping with the drunk broad at the end of the bar who turns out to be the lawyer's wife, then yes.

No disrespect, Steve. But I'm still confused as to why you started this thread, especially in the Hampur. Or have you just not finished processing the semi-nudes you took of the "hot D.A" and equally smokin' female jurors.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4189213]No disrespect, Steve. But I'm still confused as to why you started this thread, especially in the Hampur. [/QUOTE]

From his last thread[I]......"then, as the bell rang and the teacher dismissed us, I reminded her that she had forgotten to assign homework. She thanked me, and quickly gave us Chapt. 5 & 6 in the Trig text. Soon after, I was unexpectedly dragged into an alley by masked assailants who proceeded to beat me senseless and threw my bookbag onto a roof.

These random beatings...

Has this happened to anyone, or am I alone?"[/I]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;4189221]From his last thread[I]......"then, as the bell rang and the teacher dismissed us, I reminded her that she had forgotten to assign homework. She thanked me, and quickly gave us Chapt. 5 & 6 in the Trig text. Soon after, I was unexpectedly dragged into an alley by masked assailants who proceeded to beat me senseless and threw my bookbag onto a roof.[/I]

[I]These random beatings...[/I]

[I]Has this happened to anyone, or am I alone?"[/I][/QUOTE]
    lol

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;4189221]From his last thread[I]......"then, as the bell rang and the teacher dismissed us, I reminded her that she had forgotten to assign homework. She thanked me, and quickly gave us Chapt. 5 & 6 in the Trig text. Soon after, I was unexpectedly dragged into an alley by masked assailants who proceeded to beat me senseless and threw my bookbag onto a roof.

These random beatings...

Has this happened to anyone, or am I alone?"[/I][/QUOTE]

rolf

[QUOTE=32green;4189221]From his last thread[I]......"then, as the bell rang and the teacher dismissed us, I reminded her that she had forgotten to assign homework. She thanked me, and quickly gave us Chapt. 5 & 6 in the Trig text. Soon after, I was unexpectedly dragged into an alley by masked assailants who proceeded to beat me senseless and threw my bookbag onto a roof.

These random beatings...

Has this happened to anyone, or am I alone?"[/I][/QUOTE]

LMAO. Priceless, and well written.

green for having a tough cop persona sure gets beaten up a lot. Wasn't it on vacation, by a bunch of mexicans, when your wife was there last time?

Yes.

But they gave us each a FREE Fresca®.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4189186]You probably have violated some confidentiality oath you took as a juror by posting this on the board.

You should probably get yourself a lawyer.[/QUOTE]

No oath because no trial....

so nope...no lawyer.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=FF2®;4189370]Yes.

But they gave us each a FREE Fresca®.[/QUOTE]

Iffin there were 7 posters, that wouldnt crack the top ten.

:dunno:

:alien:

Jets Insider VIP

Was there a short guy there nervously attempting to take pictures of prospective female jurors?

If so, I may know of someone else that this has happened to.

Has this happened to anyone, or am I alone in this?[/QUOTE]...i had a Tab...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4189370]Yes.

But they gave us each a FREE Fresca®.[/QUOTE]

This response to this thread reminds me of this

[IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/fishooked/JI/Copyoffailagaincrane.jpg?t=1318528815[/IMG]

[IMG]http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/297043_289093084438002_245843258762985_1358058_1283178348_n.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    No biggie, every crook in Canada gets off the hook anyway.