Thread: Die Hard 5

Die Hard 5

[url]http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5giov43Yijk27X69GH5SRlGH_Tycg?docId=N0050361318502385639A[/url]

A Good Day to Die Hard.....oh the possibilities.

Really? Is Willis going to throw his cane at the terrorists?

Of course I'll watch it.

I hope it's better than 4.

Surprisingly, 3 is by far my favorite.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;4189904]I hope it's better than 4.

Surprisingly, 3 is by far my favorite.[/QUOTE]
    4 was redonkulously bad

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4189908]4 was redonkulously bad[/QUOTE]

they weren't even trying with 4. I figured that was the one (much like Lethal Weapon 4) where they collect one last paycheck, mail it in, and have everyone who saw it say "They went one movie to far."

Apparently, they're going 2 movies too far now.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4190015]they weren't even trying with 4. I figured that was the one (much like Lethal Weapon 4) where they collect one last paycheck, mail it in, and have everyone who saw it say "They went one movie to far."

Apparently, they're going 2 movies too far now.[/QUOTE]
    If I remember correctly he jumps off a truck which is on a bridge crumbling apart, onto the wings of a jet...or something like that..

[QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4190056]If I remember correctly he jumps off a truck which is on a bridge crumbling apart, onto the wings of a jet...or something like that..[/QUOTE]

worst part was that due to the PG-13 rating, he couldn't actually say "Yippie-kay-yay, mother****er!!"

teh pfail :shakehead
    Last edited by Dirtstar; 10-14-2011 at 10:40 AM.

I really liked 4 the jet thing and those trucks etc was over the top, but hey, its die hard. Didn't like 2 all that much, 3 was a good one and the 1st one was obviously a classic for the genre. When I walk into a Die Hard film I expect to suspend disbelief for a couple of hours because, well, its Die Hard.

Glad they are making 5 - they did a good job with 4 IMO - one of the better popcorn films to come that year.

Jets Insider VIP
    They should get Ashton Kutcher to play his son.:D

[QUOTE=Jetworks;4190298]They should get Ashton Kutcher to play his son.:D[/QUOTE]

I was thinking Rumor Willis was better fit for the part...

Hall Of Fame
    Gotta get a Die Hard meets Rocky meets Halloween meets Freddy Kruger to get a combined sequel total.

Halloween 75 - Hard Rock Nightmare (AKA The truth about Jaimie Lee)

Jets Insider VIP
    Die Hard 4 was easily one of the dumbest movies of all time - despite the presence of Maggie Q :drool: and Timothy Olyphant is usually pretty awesome.

But that kid that is Drew Barrymore's girlfriend is a tool and that truck-jet scene was too stupid to even handle

All the Die-Hard movies were good. Totally ridiculous that the same guy would keep getting into all those situations and many of the action scenes are ludicrous but who cares they're action movies.

Pathetic. Live Free or Die Hard was godawful, but it made almost $400M worldwide, which nowadays in Hollywood means "make sequels and suck it dry until it turns black and falls off".

BTW[quote]worst part was that due to the PG-13 rating, he couldn't actually say "Yippie-kay-yay, mother****er!!" [/quote] I guess I was wrong about this, but I thought he did get off his yippie ki yay one-liner, at the end? Not sure why they would cut it just to get PG-13; could've sworn there was a bit of leeway for a couple of F-words before being rated R.