Thread: Stones tribute @ Carnegie Hall 3/13/11

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Stones tribute @ Carnegie Hall 3/13/11

If anyone is interested, there is a show at Carnegie Hall with the "Music of the Rolling Stones" performed by special guests. The date of the show is March 13th 2012 at Carnegie Hall. I just bought 2 tix for me and the wife.

21 different artists will perform all 21 songs off Hot Rocks. Not sure who thye special guests are yet but some of the other versions of this show for Dylan and Neil Young have had fantastic guests and have been excellent.

Tix just went on sale at 11am. Prices start at $48.

Link for tickets:

[url]http://www.carnegiehall.org/Event.aspx?id=4294980932[/url]
    Last edited by crossfire; 10-14-2011 at 12:23 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4190232]If anyone is interested, there is a show at Carnegie Hall with the "Music of the Rolling Stones" performed by special guests. The date of the show is March 13th 2012 at Carnegie Hall. I just bought 2 tix for me and the wife.

21 different artists will perform all 21 songs off Hot Rocks. Not sure who thye special guests are yet but some of the other versions of this show for Dylan and Neil Young have had fantastic guests and have been excellent.

Tix just went on sale at 11am. Prices start at $48.[/QUOTE]

i may need a ride.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4190232]If anyone is interested, there is a show at Carnegie Hall with the "Music of the Rolling Stones" performed by special guests. The date of the show is March 13th 2012 at Carnegie Hall. I just bought 2 tix for me and the wife.

Link for tickets:

[URL]http://www.carnegiehall.org/Event.aspx?id=4294980932[/URL][/QUOTE]
    can you list some of the artists?

I dont want to see Coolio singing Under My Thumb

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

21 different artists will perform all 21 songs off Hot Rocks. [B]Not sure who thye special guests are yet but some of the other versions of this show[/B] for Dylan and Neil Young have had fantastic guests and have been excellent.

Link for tickets:

[url]http://www.carnegiehall.org/Event.aspx?id=4294980932[/url][/QUOTE]

I'm hoping it's a lot of Wu Tang Clan and Coldplay.

_

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    FYI - here are the artists who have done the past concerts in this series. Decent group, but certainly not star-studded. Still a great cause nonetheless as 100% of the net proceeds from this event to benefit: Fixing Instruments for Kids in Schools, Church Street School for Music & Art, The Pinwheel Project, Music Unites, The American Symphony Orchestra and Young Audiences New York.

The Music of Neil Young at Carnegie Hall
    Thursday, February 10, 2011

Patti Smith & Jesse Smith / The Roots / Nada Surf / Cowboy Junkies / Juliana Hatfield & Evan Dando / Bettye LaVette / Shawn Colvin / Bebel Gilberto / Aaron Neville / The Wood Brothers / Keller Williams / Joan Osborne / Jakob Dylan / J Mascis (Dinosaur Jr.) / Glen Hansard / Mason Jennings / DeVotchKa / Ben Ottewell (of Gomez) / Pete Yorn / Joe Purdy / Larry Campbell & The House Band

The Music of Simon & Garfunkel - a Central Park Summer Stage Gala
    June 8, 2010

Shawn Colvin / Marc Cohn / Aimee Mann / Ben Gibbard (of Death Cab for Cutie) / Alejandro Escovedo / David Hinds (of Steel Pulse) / Gordon Kennedy / Joan Osborne / Ricky Skaggs / Paula Cole / John Roderick (The Long Winters) / St. Vincent / Stephen Kellogg / Dar Williams / Dean & Britta / Lucy Wainwright Roche / Loudon Wainwright / Livingston Taylor / Jill Sobule / Brendan Benson / Cory Chisel / Valerie June / John Forte / Ollabelle / Larry Campbell / Jorma Kaukonen / The Holmes Brothers / Willie Nile / Kristina Train

The Music of The Who at Carnegie Hall
    March 2, 2010

Patti Smith / Living Colour / Bobby McFerrin / Robyn Hitchcock / Matt Nathanson / Kaki King / Sondre Lerche / Postelles / Mose Allison / Bettye LaVette / The Smithereens / Bob Mould (of Hüsker Dü) / Fab Faux / The Gaslight Anthem / Raul Midón / Jason Isbell / Asaf Avidan / Willie Nile / Rich Pagano / Nicole Atkins / Steven Bernstein & The Music Unites Youth Choir

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4190266]can you list some of the artists?

I dont want to see Coolio singing Under My Thumb[/QUOTE]

They usually don't announce the line-ups for these until after the show sells out. So it's sort of pot luck I guess.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish Robert Plant and Jimmy Page would walk out unannounced and do a version of this one:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9mj7ZwIKnI[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rubba;4190295]FYI - here are the artists who have done the past concerts in this series. Decent group, but certainly not star-studded. Still a great cause nonetheless as 100% of the net proceeds from this event to benefit: Fixing Instruments for Kids in Schools, Church Street School for Music & Art, The Pinwheel Project, Music Unites, The American Symphony Orchestra and Young Audiences New York.

The Music of Neil Young at Carnegie Hall
    Thursday, February 10, 2011

Patti Smith & Jesse Smith / The Roots / Nada Surf / Cowboy Junkies / Juliana Hatfield & Evan Dando / Bettye LaVette / Shawn Colvin / Bebel Gilberto / Aaron Neville / The Wood Brothers / Keller Williams / Joan Osborne / Jakob Dylan / J Mascis (Dinosaur Jr.) / Glen Hansard / Mason Jennings / DeVotchKa / Ben Ottewell (of Gomez) / Pete Yorn / Joe Purdy / Larry Campbell & The House Band

The Music of Simon & Garfunkel - a Central Park Summer Stage Gala
    June 8, 2010

Shawn Colvin / Marc Cohn / Aimee Mann / Ben Gibbard (of Death Cab for Cutie) / Alejandro Escovedo / David Hinds (of Steel Pulse) / Gordon Kennedy / Joan Osborne / Ricky Skaggs / Paula Cole / John Roderick (The Long Winters) / St. Vincent / Stephen Kellogg / Dar Williams / Dean & Britta / Lucy Wainwright Roche / Loudon Wainwright / Livingston Taylor / Jill Sobule / Brendan Benson / Cory Chisel / Valerie June / John Forte / Ollabelle / Larry Campbell / Jorma Kaukonen / The Holmes Brothers / Willie Nile / Kristina Train

The Music of The Who at Carnegie Hall
    March 2, 2010

Patti Smith / Living Colour / Bobby McFerrin / Robyn Hitchcock / Matt Nathanson / Kaki King / Sondre Lerche / Postelles / Mose Allison / Bettye LaVette / The Smithereens / Bob Mould (of Hüsker Dü) / Fab Faux / The Gaslight Anthem / Raul Midón / Jason Isbell / Asaf Avidan / Willie Nile / Rich Pagano / Nicole Atkins / Steven Bernstein & The Music Unites Youth Choir[/QUOTE]

I'm out.®

Copyright 2010, 32Green

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4190232]I"Music of the Rolling Stones" [B]performed by special guests.[/B] [/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://oi51.tinypic.com/34q2y4y.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would enlist Sugarland for the tribute to have Jennifer Nettles belt out this one:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__tLohXYbO8[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phish should do this one:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6o2ZpHZWos[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    For their 2009 Halloween show, Phish did Exile on Main St in it's entirety. I have the boot. Some songs they did really well while others weren't so great.

2000 Light Years From Home is one that probably fits them well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4191488][B]For their 2009 Halloween show, Phish did Exile on Main St i[/B]n it's entirety. I have the boot. Some songs they did really well while others weren't so great.

2000 Light Years From Home is one that probably fits them well.[/QUOTE]

That had to be intense, whether the versions were spot on or not. Must have been fun seeing Trey's interpretations of Keith's riffs.

[I]Probably[/I] fits them well? :) It's like the tune was written for them, IMO.