Thread: Mathis & Wayne each available for a 3rd?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Mathis & Wayne each available for a 3rd?

according to Incarcerated Bob.. I know most everyone has gripes with him but with the exception of Nmadi he's been right..he broke Manning being out for the season long before espn did. That being said.

If you're the Jets -- do you eat a 3rd to get one of these guys?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Robert Mathis would help the defense immediately.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    NO!!!!!!!!

And these rumors were from Shefter who did some hypothetical trades yesterday on ESPN. He even said these trades won't happen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mods, please move this to the prison buttsecks forum please.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trade for both of them. And Dwight Freeney

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    we should've traded Mason for Mathis.

what is Tanny thinking?!?!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    idk...this is risky....a 3rd is high...we could use a spark though...a 3rd is tough to bite..it will help rearm the Colts as well...I say a 4th in '12 and a conditional later pick in '13; a conditional 4 or 5'13 ... but try and keep the 3rd

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to create a twitter named IncarceratedRagu and start posting rumors...

Will you promise to start a new thread every time I post one Jets related?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Achilles View Post
    according to Incarcerated Bob.. I know most everyone has gripes with him but with the exception of Nmadi he's been right..he broke Manning being out for the season long before espn did. That being said.

If you're the Jets -- do you eat a 3rd to get one of these guys?
    IB didn't break the Manning story. A radio reporter from Indy did. Bob undoubtedly saw the same article I did then tweeted it.

Or maybe I should start saying my sources told me so. In this case the source is Google.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I'm going to create a twitter named IncarceratedRagu and start posting rumors...

Will you promise to start a new thread every time I post one Jets related?
    ragu...maybe

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    IB didn't break the Manning story. A radio reporter from Indy did. Bob undoubtedly saw the same article I did then tweeted it.

Or maybe I should start saying my sources told me so. In this case the source is Google.
    either way it was true before the networks..happened a bunch in the offseason. A Rumor is 1/2 way around the world before the truth puts on its pants in the morning..or something like that <---I think quick draw mcgraw said that

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    either way it was true before the networks..happened a bunch in the offseason.
    Do I have to do this every time someone creates a thread about the dude?

LeBron to the Knicks was a done deal...

Aso was a Jet...

Etc... Etc... Etc...

On actual “breaking reports” tweets, with specific information, Bob “broke” (or Tweeted before anyone else) the story little better than 2% of the time. A quick search of Twitter timelines shows that Bob simply copied the Tweets of some of his followers, nearly word for word, from a few minutes earlier. Some of those followers had knowingly sent Bob the information, some appeared to be blatantly plagiarized. Either way, Bob’s claim that he’s first is at best dubious as there is ample evidence to support he isn’t, and at worst outright fabrication (like many other things about him, as we shall see).
    On accuracy of “reporting,” Bob fared much better. He scored a 29% accuracy rating with how often his “reports” turned out ultimately to be correct. I don’t know what kind of education most of you have, but the schools I went to taught me that 29% accuracy, was a miserable failure. An “F” as my first grade teacher Ms. Johnston called it. I’m not sure your political bent, dear reader, but if it were provable that either FOX or MSNBC reported the news with 29% accuracy, both would be out of business, and the punchline of many a joke.
    What @incarceratedbob is, is a master self promoter. He elicits a strong reaction in people, and uses that to pit the unsuspecting people who follow him, against those who know that he has no actual “sources” on anything. He tries to help himself establish credibility, by getting known reporters(like Adam Schefter) to re-tweet him as a tacit endorsement, and using fake Twitter accounts to offer himself jobs. On the day I was briefly a follower of Bob, two fake Twitter accounts (one has been taken down, the other @SiriusVP was confirmed fake by the very real @SiriusXMSports ) purported to offer him jobs. He also allows others to do softball positive write ups on him, that contain nothing but fluff and prop up his claims of accuracy, with no actual data behind them.
    Bob has created a cult of personality around himself and his followers, who, as human beings, are predisposed to being trusting and do little research beyond the man’s claims that he is more accurate, and faster than the national media. As humans we are also predisposed to not believing we’re wrong, and thus, once Bob has them invested in him it is hard to shake their faith.
    What Bob does with most of his “reports” are what is commonly referred to as weasel wording. Bob simply makes up a report, based on possible logical destinations of a player, parses his words so that he can go back later and claim that he wasn’t wrong.
    For instance, this Tweet, from Oct 11 of last year:

"Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones is now at least thinking about the possibility of firing Wade Phillips be4 the end of season"

"Thinking... about the possibility of... ?" in which Bob suggests that he has some actual news, when in fact all he is saying is that he’s either psychic (there’s no such thing), or that he’s just floating an idea. Later Bob backpedaled on this tweet, which was a shame…if he’d ridden it out he may have been eligible for a cool million dollar prize.

Another common tactic is “shotgun suggesting.” For instance, today (I set up an alternate Twitter account to comb through Bob’s tweets, as he has blocked my actual account for daring to criticize him) Bob tweeted:

"Floyd is looking at (Ravens / 49ers / SD)"

As you can see, Bob has increased his odds, simply by pointing out multiple teams. Later he will go back and claim this as a hit, should any one of them actually turn out to be true. It’s a tactic Bob uses often.
    Now, I’m not as well connected within the community as I’d like to be, but I can and do speak to a number of NFL teams, agents, and beat reporters and I couldn’t find a single one who’d ever spoken to Bob. Over the past couple of days I polled a large section of my contacts, and couldn’t find anyone who could, on or off the record, recall a single conversation with him. I did however, get several off the record comments calling him a complete fraud.
    One Rangers beat reporter relayed a story about talking to the Rangers front office, when Bob’s errant Cliff Lee story “broke” and quoted a senior Rangers official as saying that “know nothing jackasses should be banned from blogging” in reference to Bob and his made up report.
    In all my research on Bob, all I could come up with was a handful of good guesses, drowned out by a lot of fiction sprung from the mind of a shameless self promoter. His accuracy, despite the numbers he reports, is actually dismal. He is hardly the first one to tweet the things he does, as anyone who bothers to check the Twitter timeline can easily verify, and I can’t find anyone, outside of the anonymous confines of the internet, with anything positive to say about him.
    You're simply far too gullible to continue a conversation with if you can't see the writing on the wall...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter

RT @tiagoararuna: What about Mathis, Wayne trades? ... As explained, Colts should but won't trade them, too. Makes sense; won't happen.
    8 hours ago

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    according to Incarcerated Bob.. I know most everyone has gripes with him but with the exception of the sh!t he throws against the wall that doesn't stick, he's been right..
    Fixed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trade for these BEASTISES!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Mods, please move this to the prison buttsecks forum please.
    um, no.

please keep these crappy threads out of teh hampur