Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Stones thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Last edited by Peebag; 07-01-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: I'm a cold Italian pizza I could use a lemon squeezer...

Jets Insider VIP
    I was wondering when some sane person was going to post Moonlight Mile. Well done fine sir.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

All Pro
    I'm 29 and have always liked the Stones but never really KNEW just how awesome they were until my wife got me into them. I've always been into the Chili Peppers and other bands from the 90s, like most guys my age.

For her b-day this year (her 25th), I got her every album the Stones ever made and we've been listening to them nonstop ever since.

They are now my favorite band. Funny how that can happen.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Friday night I went to see Charlie Watts there too. Great Boogie Woogie music. Sat right in front of the stage.
    ok, the company that has offered me a job, but I'm waiting to accept until the Summer of shakin passes, while still hoping to get canned by my present employer, so I can get my severance, but while I'm also already working on the side on retainer for 16 hours a week for the new company that has offered me a job, because mrs. shakin wants the bacon... well anyway, one of the decision makers at the new company that I have to deal with is named Charlie Watts. I'm like I want to say something as a Stones fan since the 70's, but I'm sure he'll be like "yeah dick, I've never heard that before."

That, and I just got back from golf near Lake George and I'm hammered.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    ok, the company that has offered me a job, but I'm waiting to accept until the Summer of shakin passes, while still hoping to get canned by my present employer, so I can get my severance, but while I'm also already working on the side on retainer for 16 hours a week for the new company that has offered me a job, because mrs. shakin wants the bacon... well anyway, one of the decision makers at the new company that I have to deal with is named Charlie Watts. I'm like I want to say something as a Stones fan since the 70's, but I'm sure he'll be like "yeah dick, I've never heard that before."

That, and I just got back from golf near Lake George and I'm hammered.
    Remember what happened to the Summer Of George.
    Careful son. Otherwise your full time job will end up moderating here - and we all know the pay sucks...

as does your modding

Jets Insider VIP
    Mick Taylor's lead and Keith's driving riff... just incredible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B51A6bcMeDY

Jets Insider VIP
    I saw the Stones at the Beacon back in 2006. One of the highlights of the night was when they played Champagne & Reefer with special guest Buddy Guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIZ6fUNp9Y0

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Remember what happened to the Summer Of George.
    Careful son. Otherwise your full time job will end up moderating here - and we all know the pay sucks...

as does your modding

Summer of shakin is in full swing. Here is shakin jr II just this morning off Bolton Landing in Lake George. I am "working remotely" today (LOLOLOLOLOLOLLLL)

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Mick Taylor's lead and Keith's driving riff... just incredible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B51A6bcMeDY
    Best tune on the album; and that's an All Time Album.

All Pro
    Summer of shakin is in full swing. Here is shakin jr II just this morning off Bolton Landing in Lake George. I am "working remotely" today (LOLOLOLOLOLOLLLL)

Lotsa good hiding places there.
    Chance will love that gift.
    Especially the catnip inside.

Jets Insider VIP

Very nice. Good looking kid you got there!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Yeah, it's an incredible tune.

Here's another amazing song off Exile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lNP-x94-SE

Jets Insider VIP
    You suck....

...wish I was fishing......

Bewildered Beast

"Hey, shakin...don't eat me. Have your kid put me back...come on; we go way back, remember when I put you in a cab at the Rafters? Huh? Your turn to save a life, here, pal. Do the right thing...come on...can't breathe...<gasp>...fun's fun, I get that! <wheeze> help me man...."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

"Hey, shakin...don't eat me. Have your kid put me back...come on; we go way back, remember when I put you in a cab at the Rafters? Huh? Your turn to save a life, here, pal. Do the right thing...come on...can't breathe...<gasp>...fun's fun, I get that! <wheeze> help me man...."
    Sorry charlie...got two meals out of that bad boy. Incredible with a little butter and garlic off the grill last night, and took the leftovers this a.m. and made bacon, cheese and lake trout sammiches for breakfast. It was awesome.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

All Pro
    Subjective, but prolly if I had to pick one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2TJ2z8y2hw

All Pro

Good fish.

If there's a better way to spend time with your son than on the water, I'd like to know what it is. Treasure these moments. Make as many of them as you can. My dad wasn't much of a fisherman, but decades later those memories of him, me, and my brother fishing out of some leaky old rowboat on a beautiful summer morning never seem to fade.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 07-07-2012 at 12:39 AM.