Thread: Trade in the Works - Advice

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade in the Works - Advice

He seems open content w/ this trade because he has Brady as well.

12 team non PPR.

I trade:

Big Ben
    Peyton Hillis

I get:

Cam Newton
    Darren Sproles

My team would then stand as:

QB - Newton
    RB1 - Michael Turner
    RB2 - Darren Sproles
    Flex - Week to week based on matchups.
    WR1 - Steve Johnson
    WR2 - DeSean Jackson
    TE - Jimmy Graham
    DEF - Houston
    K - Billy Cundiff

Thoughts?

On a side note I was offered:

Chris Johnson
    Dustin Keller

for

Jimmy Graham

I declined and said I wanted a WR instead of Keller since I can get an equal value from the wire at TE. Although if the first trade goes through I may reconsider. Sproles would flex for me and CJ2K would move into RB2.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd actually keep Ben. Going into the playoffs he will still be putting up #s. Cam faces Atlanta, Houston, TBx2, and NOs the last few weeks. All of which may be out to make the playoffs. Carolina will actually have very little reason to keep playing Cam if he gets even a minor injury. Pitts you just know will play Ben to the death. That and Pitts has a pretty easy back end schedule.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I'd actually keep Ben. Going into the playoffs he will still be putting up #s. Cam faces Atlanta, Houston, TBx2, and NOs the last few weeks. All of which may be out to make the playoffs. Carolina will actually have very little reason to keep playing Cam if he gets even a minor injury. Pitts you just know will play Ben to the death. That and Pitts has a pretty easy back end schedule.
    yeah trade didn't go through.

i'm in a pickle though because Hillis is my RB2 and my RB depth blows.

Thinking about trading Turner for 2 RB's if possible. perhaps i'm panicking unecessarily.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    yeah trade didn't go through.

i'm in a pickle though because Hillis is my RB2 and my RB depth blows.

Thinking about trading Turner for 2 RB's if possible. perhaps i'm panicking unecessarily.
    Can and Sproles for Hillis and Ben shouldnt have gone through because it is a massively skewed trade for you. Cam is much better than Ben and Sproles is = to Hillis or better in a ppr format. That would have been a robbery.

The Graham for CJ + Keller trade is interesting but I would avoid it as well. Graham is having a monster season. It depends on what you have on the bench right now. You could pick up an RB on waivers like Moreno or someone to hold down the flex spot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Can and Sproles for Hillis and Ben shouldnt have gone through because it is a massively skewed trade for you. Cam is much better than Ben and Sproles is = to Hillis or better in a ppr format. That would have been a robbery.

The Graham for CJ + Keller trade is interesting but I would avoid it as well. Graham is having a monster season. It depends on what you have on the bench right now. You could pick up an RB on waivers like Moreno or someone to hold down the flex spot.
    there are no RB on waivers worth a damn. btw FWIW Cam is ranked 3rd and Ben is ranked 6th. Hillis also has 10x more upside then Sproles.

in any event, CJ + Keller I decided to decline. I can't justify giving up a staple on my roster for a RB who has tremendously underperformed and a TE who is sporadic.

I think at this point I need to hope Hillis comes through as an RB2. My bench RB situation is terrible. While I do have Turner's handcuff, other then that it's Addai (oh boy) and Stevan Ridley (oh boy).

So I have a lot riding on Hillis. If need be and I'm desperate I'll make a move before the deadline.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    there are no RB on waivers worth a damn. btw FWIW Cam is ranked 3rd and Ben is ranked 6th. Hillis also has 10x more upside then Sproles.

in any event, CJ + Keller I decided to decline. I can't justify giving up a staple on my roster for a RB who has tremendously underperformed and a TE who is sporadic.

I think at this point I need to hope Hillis comes through as an RB2. My bench RB situation is terrible. While I do have Turner's handcuff, other then that it's Addai (oh boy) and Stevan Ridley (oh boy).

So I have a lot riding on Hillis. If need be and I'm desperate I'll make a move before the deadline.
    i have both players in two of my three leagues.. sproles is projected to get me 16 points this week.. hillis 8.16 in another.. ingram has a bad heel, boost for sproles.. hillis still has a bad hammy & the browns look like they want to cut ties at season's end.. 10x better?? i'd take sproles over hillis in a heartbeat..
    Last edited by jetgreen13; 10-27-2011 at 11:31 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Hillis is looking like he wont play this week. Is Montario Hardesty available on waiver? Maurice Morris is starting for Detroit, Bernard Scott for Cinci this week, Moreno for Willis as well. Any of them available? How many teams in the league?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgreen13 View Post
    i have both players in two of my three leagues.. sproles is projected to get me 16 points this week.. hillis 8.16 in another.. ingram has a bad heel, boost for sproles.. hillis still has a bad hammy & the browns look like they want to cut ties at season's end.. 10x better?? i'd take sproles over hillis in a heartbeat..
    Hillis is looking like he wont play this week. Is Montario Hardesty available on waiver? Maurice Morris is starting for Detroit, Bernard Scott for Cinci this week, Moreno for Willis as well. Any of them available? How many teams in the league?
    when it comes to hillis i'm not talking about this week i'm talking over the duration of the season. i wouldn't make a trade for one week.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    when it comes to hillis i'm not talking about this week i'm talking over the duration of the season. i wouldn't make a trade for one week.
    i hear you but sproles has been putting up much better fantasy/real numbers this season than hillis & the browns have soured on him big time.. i wouldn't be shocked if they basically freeze him out & let him walk at seasons end..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgreen13 View Post
    i hear you but sproles has been putting up much better fantasy/real numbers this season than hillis & the browns have soured on him big time.. i wouldn't be shocked if they basically freeze him out & let him walk at seasons end..
    doubtful. browns have said he is their main back and will assume his role once healthy.

i'll take a guy getting 30 - 35 touches a game over a rotational back especially a receiving back in a non-ppr league.

as of TODAY I'd prefer Sproles, but over the course of the season I expect Hillis to be a solid RB2.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boy am I glad I stayed away from Peyton Hillis in the draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    Boy am I glad I stayed away from Peyton Hillis in the draft.
    I avoided Hillis in the draft because his playoff schedule (weeks 14 15 16) is brutal. I think he faces the Ravens and Steelers in that stretch. No thanks!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i just traded desean jackson and early doucet for cedric benson and percy harvin. i had to get rid of jackson. he's too inconsistent for my team and my current RB situation.

i like harvin especially with ponder now under center...plus he's the rare dual threat WR who runs the ball as well.

Benson gives me some cushion to sit on hillis a bit.

But now I'm trying to trade, Hillis, Addai and Steve Johnson for Ryan Mathews and Miles Austin.

i need to gear up my RB's a bit to gear up for the playoffs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the midst of trading for Fitzpatrick in a 2 QB league.

Eli
    Cassel
    Wallace
    Dez
    Marshall
    Foster
    CJ2k
    Gronk
    Ingram

are my staters... on the bench I have Harvin and Antonio Brown.

I was offered Wayne, Greene and Fitz for Cassel, Wallace, and Chris Johnson. Should I trade Cassel and Wallace for Fitzpatrick and Shonn Greene? straight up?

Or should I counter and sub out wallace for dez? I do not want Wayne or chris Johnson.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    I'm in the midst of trading for Fitzpatrick in a 2 QB league.

Eli
    Cassel
    Wallace
    Dez
    Marshall
    Foster
    CJ2k
    Gronk
    Ingram

are my staters... on the bench I have Harvin and Antonio Brown.

I was offered Wayne, Greene and Fitz for Cassel, Wallace, and Chris Johnson. Should I trade Cassel and Wallace for Fitzpatrick and Shonn Greene? straight up?

Or should I counter and sub out wallace for dez? I do not want Wayne or chris Johnson.
    Hmm.. Wallace is better than Dez at this point. Greene is just OK at RB but improving weekly. Fitz is better than Cassel. If anything do Cassel and Dez for Fitz and Green. Thats a fair trade.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i just traded desean jackson and early doucet for cedric benson and percy harvin. i had to get rid of jackson. he's too inconsistent for my team and my current RB situation.

i like harvin especially with ponder now under center...plus he's the rare dual threat WR who runs the ball as well.

Benson gives me some cushion to sit on hillis a bit.

But now I'm trying to trade, Hillis, Addai and Steve Johnson for Ryan Mathews and Miles Austin.

i need to gear up my RB's a bit to gear up for the playoffs.
    If you pull off that trade it would be a great job! Austin and Johnson are a wash at worst and at best Austin is the better player. Hillis is a mystery this year and his playoff matchups are horrendous. Addai is the kind on player that is still available on free agency in smaller leagues. Definitely a great trade for you if you can pull it off.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you pull off that trade it would be a great job! Austin and Johnson are a wash at worst and at best Austin is the better player. Hillis is a mystery this year and his playoff matchups are horrendous. Addai is the kind on player that is still available on free agency in smaller leagues. Definitely a great trade for you if you can pull it off.
    didn't go through, but i'm very happy with my cedric benson and harvin acquisition...with the developments of Hillis today, Benson is looking like a MAJOR save for my roster.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm.. Wallace is better than Dez at this point. Greene is just OK at RB but improving weekly. Fitz is better than Cassel. If anything do Cassel and Dez for Fitz and Green. Thats a fair trade.
    I actually like Dez for more upside in the second half of the season compared to Wallace, cold vs a dome also. When broken down, Dez and Wallace are really closely projected.

I hope the Jets run Greene into the ground these next couple weeks, he has looked better and the offense should be centralized around him not Sanchez or the WR.

BTW this team is 1-7 so I'm at the point of not caring less.
    Last edited by NYJCAP2; 11-04-2011 at 04:43 PM.