Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanchez over Flacco/Freeman ANYDAY.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;4207757]Sanchez over Flacco/Freeman ANYDAY.[/QUOTE]

Who hacked NewYorkSackExchange's account???

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;4208256]I don't understand why you keep bringing up salary as a function of his talent. His salary was related to where he was drafted.
    [/QUOTE]

There is much Magnus does not understand, but how the the draft worked pre-rookie salary cap and salary slotting is first and foremost.

Yet he will continue to wail about it.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4208274]There is much Magnus does not understand, but how the the draft worked pre-rookie salary cap and salary slotting is first and foremost.

Yet he will continue to wail about it.

_[/QUOTE]

Also, it's a ****ing snapshot. Hate to curse, but the 2011 salary cap argument is so stupid. It's the way salary is distributed under the salary cap system.

This yr, Sanchez' base salary is $14.7 million while next year it's $8.5 million and in 2013 it's $4 million, which would make Sanchez one of the lowest paid QB starters in the NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SMC;4208295]Also, it's a ****ing snapshot. Hate to curse, but the 2011 salary cap argument is so stupid. It's the way salary is distributed under the salary cap system.

This yr, Sanchez' base salary is $14.7 million while next year it's $8.5 million and in 2013 it's $4 million, which would make Sanchez one of the lowest paid QB starters in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

What's Bradford making? $18.4 million this year.

JaMarcus Russell? He still getting paid? Oh, they just gave up every draft pick in 2012 for THREE QBs.

Stop with the $$ argument. It's embarrassing.

_

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SMC;4208295]Also, it's a ****ing snapshot. Hate to curse, but the 2011 salary cap argument is so stupid. It's the way salary is distributed under the salary cap system.

This yr, Sanchez' base salary is $14.7 million while next year it's $8.5 million and in 2013 it's $4 million, which would make Sanchez one of the lowest paid QB starters in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

Hey! Who do you think you are using logic against Magnus? When I get back from class I hope to God I find less logic and reasoning here, its the exact formula Magnus follows and has been working great in his arguements.

Exactly

[QUOTE=JStokes;4208237]I don't mean to let facts get in the way, but Sanchez was hit as he released that ball on the Keller fumble.

That was not an "inaccurate" pass or a "badly thrown ball"--all bets are off when analyzing a pass as the thrower is being hit while his arm is in motion.

If you watched the telecast, later on Simms showed split screens where Keller ran the EXACT same pattern, Sanchez threw the EXACT same pass, one was behind and low and one was perfectly thrown, led Keller in stride and hit him RIGHT in the hands numbers high.

The difference?

Sanchez was hit on the first.

On the second, Sanchez had time and stepped into his throw and made a VERY accurate and PERFECTLY thrown ball.

I concur, he has had some accuracy issues, but the Keller play was not one of them.

Rodgers, Brady, Manning, et al don't throw that ball accurately as they are hit in the act of throwing.

_[/QUOTE]

The first int goes to John Connor blowing his block. hold it for another half second and Keller has a first down. Second int was staring down Plax, Mark's fault but the first one is not on him.

Overall solid game for Mark, and a good gameplan by Schotty.

One thing I saw a lot more this week was Mark's use of the hard count, I thought there were at least 4 offsides on the bolts. I also think this got them a little hesitant about jumping the snap which gave our Oline an advantage in the running game.

-tj

I'll take Sanchez's 4th quarter game winning drives and playoff wins with his horrible stats over great stats and the other young qb's on the list any day of the week.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=tahoejet;4208348]The first int goes to John Connor blowing his block. hold it for another half second and Keller has a first down. Second int was staring down Plax, Mark's fault but the first one is not on him.

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't talking about the second pick and I wasn't assigning blame for the first pick/fumble to Keller.

I was challenging the assertion that Mark threw an "inaccurate" pass and a "badly thrown ball" on the first pass to Keller.

He was hit while in the motion of throwing.

All bets are off as far as analyzing accuracy and how good or bad a ball he threw.

_

[QUOTE=Minkaveli;4208095]Only stat that matters to me....

wins and losses.

the kid is 4-2 in the playoffs and all on the road. he is improving each year. let's see what happens the rest of the year. he is currently 4th in the nfl in td's. he has an upside.[/QUOTE]

Thats the kind of statement that fuels his detractors. They say even in the playoffs the team wins in spite of him. You wouldnt know there could be nothing further from the truth if you looked at his statistics, which includes the 6th best qb rating in nfl playoff history.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=JStokes;4208446]Wasn't talking about the second pick and I wasn't assigning blame for the first pick/fumble to Keller.

I was challenging the assertion that Mark threw an "inaccurate" pass and a "badly thrown ball" on the first pass to Keller.

He was hit while in the motion of throwing.

All bets are off as far as analyzing accuracy and how good or bad a ball he threw.

_[/QUOTE]

Agreed. You can make an argument that he should/could have gotten rid of it earlier, but his arm was hit as he was throwing. You can see the ball coming out as a duck on account of the hit.

Sanchez needs to get rid of the ball more quickly, in general, but Connor did a sub par job of blocking on that play. He made the initial block, knocked Spikes off his feet a bit, and then didn't stay with it, as if he thought the ball would already be out.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4208455]Agreed. You can make an argument that he should/could have gotten rid of it earlier, but his arm was hit as he was throwing. You can see the ball coming out as a duck on account of the hit.

Sanchez needs to get rid of the ball more quickly, in general, but Connor did a sub par job of blocking on that play. He made the initial block, knocked Spikes off his feet a bit, and then didn't stay with it, as if he thought the ball would already be out.[/QUOTE]

Again, I have no qualms with someone saying he's been a bit inaccurate, just don't point to that play as evidence. If you watched the same exact play later on, he threw a perfect ball to Keller on the same exact route.

The opposite of inaccurate whilst not getting hit.

_

[QUOTE=SMC;4208269]Who hacked NewYorkSackExchange's account???[/QUOTE]

I like Sanchez, but not his OC.

V/r
    Same Old Jets Fan

[QUOTE=jxc;4207991]I probably would not have brought this up, but the pass [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3JxyyJFAaM"]behind Keller in Sunday's game[/URL] that led to the strip and pick 6 has been playing non-stop on ESPN highlights all day today. So...

Sanchez needs to keep improving because his career QB rating is currently behind Flacco's, Freeman's and even Losman's. He's not suddenly great after one decent half of football.

Thankfully we have a defense that has led the league in TDs two of the last three years (Currently no#1 with 4TDs so far in 2011, 1TD in 2010 and no#1 with 5TDs in 2009)[/QUOTE]

He got drilled that play....

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;4208087]i am also on board with this..last weeks game excluded....look dont tell me what i see..my eyes tell me...ive been around football my whole life..my eyes tell me sanchez is better...flacco is the worst fo all the young qbs drafted 2008-present.

and dont tell me stafford is better..durability is one of the attributes of a good QB...gotta stay on the field.

Qbs drafted 2008-present:

1) Mark Sanchez, New York Jets
    2) Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
    3) Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
    4) Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
    5) Josh Freeman, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    6) Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams
    7) Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens

Christian Ponder looks like a good one...too early for Gabbert[/QUOTE]

Disagree. I like Sanchez far more than the other names being tossed around here, but Stafford is another league above Sanchez. I don't care about Injuries. That's getting too situational. In looking at talent, on any given sunday, Stafford is far superior than Sanchez.

[QUOTE=Paradis;4209187]Disagree. I like Sanchez far more than the other names being tossed around here, but Stafford is another league above Sanchez. I don't care about Injuries. That's getting too situational. In looking at talent, on any given sunday, Stafford is far superior than Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

+1

Stafford is the only young QB that I have a spot reserved for in the top 2 tiers of quarterbacks.

A few of the others could get there, but I'm certain that Stafford will. Which is surprising for me to say because I didn't like him coming out of college. Whoever was coaching the QBs at Georgia must have been terrible. They should have gotten a lot more out of him and those teams.