Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez over Flacco/Freeman ANYDAY.

Sanchez over Flacco/Freeman ANYDAY.

enough said.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Nacho over Joe Namath. No question. :D

embrace the Snackchez!! :yes:

Dolphins fans still say Henne's better though...lol

[QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;4207757]enough said.[/QUOTE]

Me too.......

That's just this week's chapter of how the QB turns.

NO WAY Flacco is as bad as he played last night NO WAY.

Freeman is still a prospect worth watching, seems to have really good instincts with the football.

Sanchez progressed last season over his rookie season. Now, that Schotty has opted to give Sanchez more freedom over the offense, he's essentially put a lot of the decision making in Sanchez' hands. That's an entirely new learning curve that Sanchez will need to navigate and so will us as fans.

There's a lot that Sanchez needs to work on, and make no mistake about it, there's a lot he should know by now. I would point out the following:

1) Improve his accuracy. This is really where I think his inconsistecy begins and ends. You can almost always count on Sanchez' accuracy being pretty bad for the first 20 minutes of every game. His teammates haven't helped him out much with some very untimely drops - Conner's drop in the Patsy game comes to mind.

Still, I can bring up Sanchez' throw to Keller on Sunday. His accuracy was off and Keller made a great adjustment to catch a badly thrown ball. That's what caused the fumble return, certainly not Keller being careless with the ball. Keller didn't have good control over a badly thrown ball. He also didn't have enough time to tuck the ball down between the numbers before contact came.

Really, the first 20 minutes of every game has seen the Jets offense do almost nothing. This has been the trend since Sanchez' career began. There notoriously slow starters.

2) He needs to get better reading through his progressions. Right since his first game in the league Sanchez has had a problem with this. He seems to have made up his mind where he's throwing the ball before the ball has even been snapped. He doesn't stand back in the pocket and look for the second, third, and fourth options. Obviously, as the play develops, some times the guy you thought you were going to may be covered. When that happens, Sanchez seems lost. And even worse, oftens times he forces the throw making for interceptions.

3) His completion percentage needs to get better. I think a lot of this has to do with his inaccuracy. If he can get his accuracy issues straightened out, his completion percentage should improve substantially. It has been getting better, but not much, and certainly not where a franchise QB's completion percentage should be.

4) He needs to improve on roll outs. This has always been one of his greatest strengths. Yet inexplicably this season he's been pretty bad on roll outs. He's missed some throws badly that, up until this season, you could always count on a big play. This is what sometimes makes me think his play has reverted back to rookie form.

5) He must start selling the plays better. Example: He threw an interception against the Chargers because he was caught by the Safety staring down his intended target. That is a rookie mistake pure and simple. There's absolutely no good, legitimate reason why he would be doing that at this point in his career. That's just either his inability to be accurate with the football unless he stares down his intended receiver, or it's laziness. Either way it's got to stop for him to improve. He must start to look away defenders out in the open field.

On the good side, he's been tough and seems to elude pressure pretty well. He's taken some really serious hits this season due to the poor performance on the part of the OL and he's still remained upright. He also seems to see oncoming blitzers rather well and can elude them in small spaces, even shrinking pockets. He also seems to have a good pocket presence IMO. He, at times, waits for as long as he possibly can before he throws the ball.

Those are all good signs, but the above points are what will ultimately determine whether Sanchez is able to pass his hardest test since coming into the league.

Banned
    jets 's mark s is best qb
    other nfl teams 's qbs are big losers

I probably would not have brought this up, but the pass [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3JxyyJFAaM"]behind Keller in Sunday's game[/URL] that led to the strip and pick 6 has been playing non-stop on ESPN highlights all day today. So...

Sanchez needs to keep improving because his career QB rating is currently behind Flacco's, Freeman's and even Losman's. He's not suddenly great after one decent half of football.

Thankfully we have a defense that has led the league in TDs two of the last three years (Currently no#1 with 4TDs so far in 2011, 1TD in 2010 and no#1 with 5TDs in 2009)
    Last edited by jxc; 10-26-2011 at 05:47 AM.

All League
    [QUOTE=jxc;4207991]I probably would not have brought this up, but the pass [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3JxyyJFAaM"]behind Keller in Sunday's game[/URL] that led to the strip and pick 6 has been playing non-stop on ESPN highlights all day today. So...

Sanchez needs to keep improving because his career QB rating is currently behind Flacco's, Freeman's and even Losman's. He's not suddenly great after one decent half of football.

Thankfully we have a defense that has led the league in TDs two of the last three years (Currently no#1 with 4TDs so far in 2011, 1TD in 2010 and no#1 with 5TDs in 2009)[/QUOTE]

Yes, that pass had NOTHING to do with Takeo Spikes hanging on his left shoulder :rolleyes:

Sanchez' inaccuracy is vastly overblown by haters and schotty supporters. If you actually look at each pass on an individual basis, you will see his accuracy had been much improved this season. In fact, I would be willing to bet a year's salary that when Sanchez has more than 2.5 seconds to throw the ball (like a Rodgers, Brady or Manning) he completes the pass about 80% of the time.

It is not as if we have open receivers running wild and Sanchez flat out misses them, any QB needs time and any QB getting hit by a LB will have his throws affected.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JetFreak89;4208044]Yes, that pass had NOTHING to do with Takeo Spikes hanging on his left shoulder :rolleyes:

Sanchez' inaccuracy is vastly overblown by haters and schotty supporters. If you actually look at each pass on an individual basis, you will see his accuracy had been much improved this season. In fact, I would be willing to bet a year's salary that when Sanchez has more than 2.5 seconds to throw the ball (like a Rodgers, Brady or Manning) he completes the pass about 80% of the time.

It is not as if we have open receivers running wild and Sanchez flat out misses them, any QB needs time and any QB getting hit by a LB will have his throws affected.[/QUOTE]

He does not see open receivers everytime but that is now less and less common especially now that he is getting protection. I can see Sanchez getting his completion percentage up near 60 by the end of the season since it was at 60 before that Baltimore debacle. He can play better but his progression is showing and only the national media should be downplaying his improvement since that's their agenda.

Yeah that play that he used is a bad one to use since Sanchez is hit as he throws and Keller still could've made the catch.

i am also on board with this..last weeks game excluded....look dont tell me what i see..my eyes tell me...ive been around football my whole life..my eyes tell me sanchez is better...flacco is the worst fo all the young qbs drafted 2008-present.

and dont tell me stafford is better..durability is one of the attributes of a good QB...gotta stay on the field.

Qbs drafted 2008-present:

1) Mark Sanchez, New York Jets
    2) Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
    3) Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
    4) Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
    5) Josh Freeman, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    6) Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams
    7) Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens

Christian Ponder looks like a good one...too early for Gabbert
    Last edited by Bearded_Achilles; 10-26-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Only stat that matters to me....

wins and losses.

the kid is 4-2 in the playoffs and all on the road. he is improving each year. let's see what happens the rest of the year. he is currently 4th in the nfl in td's. he has an upside.

But what's his ESPN QBR? :rolleyes:

I also noticed that a certain Magnus has been absent from the board this week. Shocking. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=JB1089;4208193]But what's his ESPN QBR? :rolleyes:

I also noticed that a certain Magnus has been absent from the board this week. Shocking. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY ****ING GOD :eek:

Yep makes sense. In relation to how Sanchez usually plays 54% 5.2avg for 173yds and a 87 rating is considered suck a break out performance that Sanchezholics actualy believe it should make the realists run for their lives in shame. GIVE ME A ****ING BREAK.

Yes this was considered a FANTASTIC! game for Sanchez. For the top 15 qb's in the league it wouldn't be anything to right home about but thats okay its not like Sanchez is getting paid anything near what those QB's get :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4207881]

Still, I can bring up Sanchez' throw to Keller on Sunday. [B]His accuracy was off[/B] and Keller made a great adjustment to catch [B]a badly thrown ball[/B]. That's what caused the fumble return, certainly not Keller being careless with the ball. Keller didn't have good control over [B]a badly thrown ball[/B]. He also didn't have enough time to tuck the ball down between the numbers before contact came.

[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to let facts get in the way, but Sanchez was hit as he released that ball on the Keller fumble.

That was not an "inaccurate" pass or a "badly thrown ball"--all bets are off when analyzing a pass as the thrower is being hit while his arm is in motion.

If you watched the telecast, later on Simms showed split screens where Keller ran the EXACT same pattern, Sanchez threw the EXACT same pass, one was behind and low and one was perfectly thrown, led Keller in stride and hit him RIGHT in the hands numbers high.

The difference?

Sanchez was hit on the first.

On the second, Sanchez had time and stepped into his throw and made a VERY accurate and PERFECTLY thrown ball.

I concur, he has had some accuracy issues, but the Keller play was not one of them.

Rodgers, Brady, Manning, et al don't throw that ball accurately as they are hit in the act of throwing.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4208232]LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep makes sense. In relation to how Sanchez usually plays 54% 5.2avg for 173yds and a 87 rating is considered suck a break out performance that Sanchezholics actualy believe it should make the realists run for their lives in shame. GIVE ME A ****ING BREAK.

Yes this was considered a FANTASTIC! game for Sanchez. For the top 15 qb's in the league it wouldn't be anything to right home about but thats okay its not like Sanchez is getting paid anything near what those QB's get :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Philip Rivers say LOLGFY.

_

[QUOTE=Mananus;4208232]LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes this was considered a FANTASTIC! game for Sanchez. For the top 15 qb's in the league it wouldn't be anything to right home about but thats okay its not like Sanchez is getting paid anything near what those QB's get :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You like to quote the espn qbr stat. How was that this week?

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4208241]You like to quote the espn qbr stat. How was that this week?[/QUOTE]

Very good!! 71.2 good for 6th in the league :yes:

But if you give credence to the rating this week you have to also for the whole season.

Very Bad!! 35.6 good for the 30th ranked QB in the league for the season :(

So now tell me do you give credence to the rating?

[QUOTE=Magnus;4208232]LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand why you keep bringing up salary as a function of his talent. His salary was related to where he was drafted. If the same draft took place this season, would you be happier with Sanchez because he'd be making a fraction of his salary due to the new system?

Sanchez, IMO, is a little behind the curve on what one expects from a 3rd yr QB. Personally, I'm still hesitant to throw him ahead of Flacco and Freeman, since both had statistically fantastic seasons last year.

Though with Flacco, I don't know why Sanchez gets beaten up about having a defense carry him and Flacco doesn't.

Sanchez has played better in the playoffs, which don't count with regular season stats. But when we're talking about QBs, upside, and what they've done in the NFL, it certainly should be mentioned.

I agree that the game wasn't great, but it was a solid performance and that's fine by me.

[QUOTE=Mananus;4208252]Very good!! 71.2 good for 6th in the league :yes:

But if you give credence to the rating this week you have to also for the whole season.

Very Bad!! 35.6 good for the 30th ranked QB in the league for the season :(

So now tell me do you give credence to the rating?[/QUOTE]

I don't know what to think about it yet. But you like to yell about it every week and you conveniently ignored it this week until now.