Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Going under the knife, *****es!!!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4210632]I have epicondylitis and may face surgery soon.

[/QUOTE]

Facial surgery?
    Light chimp attack, or heavy gorrila rape?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4210393]Best wishes for a successful/uneventful surgery and speedy recovery, JW.[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4210419]Best of luck and best wishes to a speedy and complication-free recovery Jetworks. Godspeed.[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;4210406]Good luck man.[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4210409]I had my shoulder operated on 3 years ago.

Piece of cake.

Vodka.[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4210397]lotsa booze[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4210476]Don't let the doctors snow you, you can absolutely take pain killers and alcohol together. Seriously, I used to know a doctor.

Good luck on the recovery, bra.

_[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Lone Star Lady;4210623]JW - Best wishes on your surgery, and may you have a uneventful and speedy recovery!

[IMG]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgAQUOEzlTbDaBU4sTfnWa4aBsFY279PcP5Uu8XgzJsqnq68GNZw[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=FF2®;4210632]I have epicondylitis and may face surgery soon.

I hope it goes OK for you.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=2milehighJet;4210688]Good luck JW. Let me know how it goes? I go in Tuesday for an MRI on my right shoulder, rotator cuff, hopefully it can be done with physical therapy, and not surgery. I hear rehab is brutal.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for all the good will! Appreciate it. Not gonna lie, I'm very anxious about this surgery. All the previous ones (this is my 5th; L shoulder, pilonidal cyst 2x, hernia) were no big deal to me.

These responses made me feel a bit better, thanks. So will the alcohol (scotch PK, sorry). I have heard tell that the alcohol only enhances the effects of the painkillers.:rolleyes:

FF2, I have that as well, wound up with a permanent partial disability (nothing big <10%). I could have opted for surgery, but it would have required my being in a cast elevated at the hip for ~5 weeks. Not an option. All they really do is cut out the inflamed tissue from what I understand, but it takes forever to heal.

Will do, 2mile. Hopefully it's not too bad (for both of us). Good luck!

[QUOTE=pauliec;4210544]Good luck, JW. You should really stop arm wrestling the inmates.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Fishooked;4210579]Or maybe he got slammed in the shoulder with one of those folding chairs or metal cafeteria trays?[/QUOTE]

Hate to shatter the image, but there are plastic trays and chairs and the only arm-wrestling I do with inmates is fitting them into their traveling jewellery (cuffs and chains).:D

And the wimmens? If they arrested Rosie O'Donnell or Ellen Degeneres it might make the place a bit more girly.:eek:

[QUOTE=crossfire;4210399]I had major reconstructive surgery on my right shoulder back in 1998. The rehab was friggin' brutal.

Have had a few issues with it again recently but not bad. Doc thinks it might be a labrum tear. I just had one of the those MRI's with the dye in it and am going back to see the doc soon to find out if it's arthroscopic surgery or just rest.

Good luck with the surgery and [B]you can tell me how the rehab is[/B].[/QUOTE]
    Yea, the left one was brutal, but it worked out great in the end. Hopefully this will be easier, with the same results. I'll keep you informed.

[QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4210405]... call chad and get his advice!:cool:;) ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

I lol'd!

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4210505]Good luck with the surgery. I had arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder many years ago. Pretty simple. I never went to rehab and my shoulder is fine. I mean I can pop it in and out of the socket but you know, it happens...

[B]Maybe you should go to rehab.[/B][/QUOTE]

And lol'd again!
    Last edited by Jetworks; 10-28-2011 at 01:05 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4210730]Wow, thanks for all the good will! Appreciate it. Not gonna lie, I'm very anxious about this surgery. All the previous ones (this is my 5th; L shoulder, pilonidal cyst 2x, hernia) were no big deal to me.

These responses made me feel a bit better, thanks. So will the alcohol (scotch PK, sorry). I have heard tell that the alcohol only enhances the effects of the painkillers.:rolleyes:

FF2, I have that as well, wound up with a permanent partial disability (nothing big <10%). I could have opted for surgery, but it would have required my being in a cast elevated at the hip for ~5 weeks. Not an option. All they really do is cut out the inflamed tissue from what I understand, but it takes forever to heal.

Will do, 2mile. Hopefully it's not too bad (for both of us). Good luck!

Hate to shatter the image, but there are plastic trays and chairs and the only arm-wrestling I do with inmates is fitting them into their traveling jewellery (cuffs and chains).:D

And the wimmens? If they arrested Rosie O'Donnell or Ellen Degeneres it might make the place a bit more girly.:eek:

Yea, the left one was brutal, but it worked out great in the end. Hopefully this will be easier, with the same results. I'll keep you informed.

I lol'd!

And lol'd again![/QUOTE]

You'll never build up your post count at that rate.
    I say to hell with multiquote and reply to each one individually.

Master Quoter

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4210747]You'll never build up your post count at that rate.
    [/QUOTE]

Excellent point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4210747]
    I say to hell with multiquote and reply to each one individually.

[/QUOTE]

I will give this serious consideration.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4210747]
    Master Quoter[/QUOTE]

Icanhaz honorific?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you get to re-enact the ICU room scene from "Anal Nurses 5: Back to Uranus". :cool:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If things don't...work out...can I haz you're monocle?

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lone Star Lady;4210623]JW - Best wishes on your surgery, and may you have a uneventful and speedy recovery!

[IMG]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgAQUOEzlTbDaBU4sTfnWa4aBsFY279PcP5Uu8XgzJsqnq68GNZw[/IMG][/QUOTE]
    [B]
    Operation: Jetworks Edition[/B]

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/OperationJW.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4210839][B]

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/OperationJW.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4210839][B]

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/OperationJW.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

loflz...

needs a Wittle Woctor Stokes somewhere in there :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/OperationJWstokes.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4210854]loflz...

needs a Wittle Woctor Stokes somewhere in there :D[/QUOTE]

Does not.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4210891]Does not.

_[/QUOTE]

does too.

could also use Jimmy's sloped shoulders and/or third testigle, a Herpidore sore on the lip, and Statz's wrestless legs :yes:
    Last edited by Dirtstar; 10-28-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4210800]I hope you get to re-enact the ICU room scene from "Anal Nurses 5: Back to Uranus". :cool:[/QUOTE]

Man, I'm going to be happy with the "Ok, start counting back from 100" part. I'm looking to beat my personal best of 92. :D

[QUOTE=JStokes;4210806]If things don't...work out...can I haz you're monocle?

_[/QUOTE]

Sure, but for what? A scuba mask?

:alien:

[QUOTE=crossfire;4210870][IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/OperationJWstokes.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Oh.

Oh man.

[IMG]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z444/wetworks73/JI/arnoldlol.gif[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    good luck muh man, I'm sure you'll do fine.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm off for what is sure to be my last comfortable night's sleep for a week or so. Wish me luck, I'll post some pics tomorrow.:cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4212350]Well, I'm off for what is sure to be my last comfortable night's sleep for a week or so. Wish me luck, I'll post some pics tomorrow.:cool:[/QUOTE]

GOOD LUCK!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did he make it?

Too soon?

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4212537]Did he make it?

Too soon?

_[/QUOTE]

LOLGFY! Friend from work asked for "proof of life". Deeks. :D

Right arm got nerve blockers so I can only type lefty on my phone. No need for pain meds yet. Got one of those mini coolers hooked up to my shoulder. Feeling ok overall. Thanks guys!

[IMG]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z444/wetworks73/JI/6cfc3f06.jpg[/IMG]