Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Going under the knife, *****es!!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4270892]Good to hear your doing better.

What doc did you use? I just got one MRI and it turns out that I have a torn rotator cuff and a torn bicep. Had stabilization surgery on the same shoulder 14 years ago and now I'm looking at another one.

The doc I just went to said this is a pretty big surgery and he recommended a few other docs. But I haven't made the appointment yet.[/QUOTE]

I blew out my shoulder twice in high school. Had surgery, never went to therapy and blew it out again the following year. Till this day, I can pop my shoulder in and out of the socket. If I'm lifting weights, benching, shoulder presses, pullups, It will slide out and and the weights will drop.

My suggestion, GO TO PHYSICAL THERAPY!

Good luck bro, hope you have a speedy recovery.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dislocated my shoulder as a kid skateboarding. Then again at about 20 sliding into 3rd head first. After that, it popped out all the time for years. I would lean forward, grab my wrist and kind of pull and twist it back in. Hurt like a ***** when it came out but felt good as soon as I got it back in.

When I finally had surgery back in 98, the doc asked how many times it had popped out over the years. I said a lot. He asked for a number and I said that 50 was a conservative guess but probably at least 75.

It was such a mess that they didn't even consider othroscopic surgery. The surgery and recovery sucked and I did all of the rehab. Not sure what the hell I even did to hurt it again. Probably a combination of things.

Really not looking forward to having surgery again but no choice.the injury is significant enough that the first doc I saw told me he wasn't qualified to do it and said that if I didn't get it done, it would do permanent damage.

Second year in a row that I am going to have surgery to start the year.:steamin:

Oh well, could be worse...

I mean, like if I was also missing my left hand.:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4270882]Quick update- I'm now approaching 6 weeks post-op, started therapy 3x a week last week. They are very happy with my range of motion thusfar, but that is mostly because I knew enough from my last surgery to stretch as often as possible to avoid "frozen shoulder". Still, anything that has me rotating just my forearm with my upper arm at my side is impossible.

Another positive note is I can reach back for my wallet with little effort now. As I am a righty and this was my right shoulder, I'll leave it to you to figure out why that last one is such a big deal.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Glad things are going well for you. I had a shoulder surgery a few years ago. No walk in the park for sure. Still swim 3x a week and lift 4x a week so they did a good job I guess. Good luck the rest of the way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TKasper01;4270958]Glad things are going well for you. I had a shoulder surgery a few years ago. No walk in the park for sure. Still swim 3x a week and lift 4x a week so they did a good job I guess. Good luck the rest of the way.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Glad to hear you mended up. (Un)fortunately I have gone through this before. In fact I had a similar injury to the one Crossfire described above, only with my left. Same deal, so bad that they didn't even bother with the 'scope. Rehab was horrific. That's why I'm having such an easy time with this, I think (relatively speaking, of course).

Cross, that injury sounds brutal. I think I popped my about 10-12. After about the 4th a hospital visit was necessary to get it back in. They said at that point my musculature coupled with the damage made it almost impossible to just slide it back in. I can imagine the pain and apprehension over the instability you have, but not the degree. Good luck, bro.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it sucks because I know just what it's going to be like and the rehab after.

Lost three very good friends (all young) this past year. After **** like that, you learn not to sweat the little **** in life. It's just pain after all.