Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Doctor Appointments & Health Screenings

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Doctor Appointments & Health Screenings- Do You Go???

How often to you go for recommended tests? I do them all as advised. I think at 50 and over you're due for a PSA (blood test- prostate) and a colonoscopy.

Some men follow the recommended guidelines to a T and others wouldn't go to the doctor if their arms fell off let alone for a physical or one of those tests. I know people who won't go becuase they're terrified of needles/blood draws...yeah a momentary pinch is worse than any disease they may detect...wtf. One guy I know says he won't do the tests because he is afraid that they'll find something...wtf.
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 10-28-2011 at 10:31 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is as popular as southside is to people with vaginas.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4211270]This thread is as popular as southside is to people with vaginas.[/QUOTE]

:D

I'm way overdue for a general check-up and about due again... for my scope.:mad:

Def. need to get off my arse.

I got burnt out on Dr's visits after a few recent ortho surgeries so Ive neglected the general health. I'm just afraid of the "wtf dude" reaction from the Doc.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4211274]

so Ive neglected the general health. I'm just afraid of the "wtf dude" reaction from the Doc.[/QUOTE]

Kind of how I feel about confession, I really don't want to hear the priest's disdain when I say "Bless me father, for I have sinned. It has been 29 years since my last confession".

Being a single parent, I kind of have to go get checked regularly--get my PSA and DRE every year, a colonoscopy every 2 years and a full medical exam every 2 years.

Of course I drink the colonoscopy stuff whenever I can get it :D

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 32 so I haven't met Dr. Jellyfinger yet. I go to my GP once a year unless I'm sick. I also have a gastroenteroloist I see for my acid reflux and an ENT for my sinuses and each of those is on a need basis. As for the dentist, haven't been in years. Pearly whites, never needed braces, still have my wisdom teeth and never had a cavity. If I had a better, non-wallet-raping plan, I might go more often.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;4211285]I'm 32 so I haven't met Dr. Jellyfinger yet.[/QUOTE]

wtf...thats my line. I tried it last night at the KOC.

:mad:

. [QUOTE=Jets Things;4211285] I also have a gastroenteroloist I see for my acid reflux and an ENT for my sinuses and each of those is on a need basis. [/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aoltv.com/media/2008/12/dead-1.randall1230_big.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4211300]wtf...thats my line. I tried it last night at the KOC.

:mad:

[/QUOTE]

I tried the same approach with a cute, young checkout girl at A&P. Only I asked if she wanted to get cozy with "Veiny Boy".

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once a year. Includes a stress test.

I wanna be around when the Jets win it all. :yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4211339]Once a year. Includes a stress test.

I wanna be around when the Jets win it all. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Maybe your grandson. We'll both be in the box by then, or a pile of cinders (my preference).

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4211352]Maybe your grandson. We'll both be in the box by then, or a pile of cinders (my preference).[/QUOTE]

TBH the best thing that ever happened to my Dad was an angina attack in his late 40s. He became a part of the Framingham Heart Study and became aware that he could add some years onto his life through lifestyle changes. I'm trying to follow his lead.

And I'm with you on cremation. I don't wanna be worm food.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    My dad had prostate cancer at a very young age, so I've been getting screened since I was 31. I've had ulcers and whatnot for the better part of 10 years, so the other plumbing is checked on a regular basis as well.

I see my GP at least once a year for a well-visit, but usually it's more as I see her a few times a year for an illness anyway.

I made a serious shift in my lifestyle when I quite smoking years ago. With that I also changed my eating habits (gradually) and started a workout regimen. It's going to drive me nuts to not be able to workout while recouping from the upcoming shoulder surgery, that's how ingrained it is in me to exercise now.

EDIT- Burn me asunder. There's 2-3 places where I want my ashes spread.
    Last edited by Jetworks; 10-29-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Add

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I follow the guidelines, 'cept for the colonviolation.

I'm working up to it... :erm:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4211829]I follow the guidelines, 'cept for the colonviolation.

I'm working up to it... :erm:[/QUOTE]

Trust me when I tell you the procedure in NOTHING. I'd take that over going to the dentist as to discomfort. The lousy thing is prepping for the 'scopy. The stuff tastes like sour salt water...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doctors are for hypochondriacs and people who you have to spend coffee breaks at work talking idiotic health problems.

Waah. I'm sick. STFU. Suck it up. Be a man.