Thread: San Diego Vacation Ideas

San Diego Vacation Ideas

I'm heading to San Diego in March. It will be my first time to California. What area should I look to stay? What are some things I must do?

We are open to anything, but looking forward to checking out the beaches (although it won't be warm, we'll make it work), bars and restaurants, whale watching, etc.

Thanks!

stay downtown. Lot's of fun and bars. I recommend the Omni hotel at Petco Park. Nice accomodations on par with Four Seasons/Ritz Carlton.

If you don't want to stay downtown, LaJolla is very nice too.

All Pro
    San Diego is a great town. I would try to stay downtown in the Gaslamp district, lots of great bars, restaurants, & hotels.

If you are more into beaches, try Coronado Island - small island across the bay from San Diego. I stayed at the Hotel del Coronado a while back which was really nice.

All League
    How old are you and are you coming solo or with someone else?

I'm going with the girlfriend..we are both 23.

All League
    San Diego is a sweet vacation spot.

Went last year for my birthday and had a good time. Rent a car, it'll be worth it.

Stayed at Pacific Beach along the Mission Blvd beach strip - I'm a beachhead so I loved that I was right on the water. I spent most of my time flopping in the ocean waters for the week I was there:D

I def recommend: Seaworld/San Diego Zoo, a good way to kill the day and it's pretty fun if you go early and avoid the families who arrive around 1pm.

Ocean Kayaking in La Jolla. Home of Dr. Seuss and plenty of ocean kayaking
    tour shops. You can rent a tour in kayak into the caves of the cliffs. Pretty well worth it.

Phil's BBQ - DAMN good smoked pork. I was rather surprised at the quality BBQ for a Cali place.

In-N-Out burger. It's just a good burger

Fish Tacos are consistently amazing in the area.

The Gaslamp district is ok. I felt it was your basic "downtown BID strip" on par with Lansdowne St in Boston - something to do but nothing incredible. There was a good jazz club called Dizzy's that was cool.

Also went to the Man V. Food places for San Diego and they were all pretty damn good - ESPECIALLY Phil's BBQ.

Hope this helped. Have a great time

All League
    Pacific Beach or Ocean Beach. La Jolla if you want something more fancy and further away from the city. I think the house that the current real world was filmed in is in La Jolla of that helps give you an idea of what that area looks like.

All League
    [QUOTE=foleydx;4214443]I'm going with the girlfriend..we are both 23.[/QUOTE]

I live in San Diego now. You guys would love downtown/Gaslamp. Gaslamp is a huge dowtown street of bars and restaurants.
    Andaz Hotel is great and has a great rooftop club
    Hard rock is fun as well

Pacific Beach is more of a college age crowd, but fun as well. Just too young for me.

La Jolla and del mar are really nice, but you might get bored and 30 min cab ride to the city sux.

Also- if you are around on sunday we have a huge Jets Fan Club and take over one of the bars in gaslamp every Sunday called Henry's Pub. Rocco (JetsRangersKnicks) runs it and you should stop by. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;4214490]I live in San Diego now. You guys would love downtown/Gaslamp. Gaslamp is a huge dowtown street of bars and restaurants.
    Andaz Hotel is great and has a great rooftop club
    Hard rock is fun as well

Pacific Beach is more of a college age crowd, but fun as well. Just too young for me.

La Jolla and del mar are really nice, but you might get bored and 30 min cab ride to the city sux.

Also- if you are around on sunday we have a huge Jets Fan Club and take over one of the bars in gaslamp every Sunday called Henry's Pub. Rocco [B](JetsnRangers)[/B] runs it and you should stop by. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.[/QUOTE]

Fixed

You can pm me as well.
    Just stay at Tokyo's house, he'd love it!

Catamaran at Mission Bay

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

San Diego: The Swingers Capitol of the World

[IMG]http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/296306_10150377164748486_161761118485_8202249_1527954940_n.jpg[/IMG]