Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees Hot Stove Thread (Try 2)

Jets Insider VIP

Yankees Hot Stove Thread (Try 2)

Well that seemed a bit excessive, but whatever.

Back to the conversation.

I don't see the Giants asking for Montero as part of a Cain deal. They already have a young catcher/1B in Posey. Not sure where Montero would get his AB's on that team.

I would not be upset with a very conservative offseason.

Wait, what did I miss, I thought I saw the return of TD?

Where did the other one go?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    I would not be upset with a very conservative offseason.
    That.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Where did the other one go?
    Deleted. Like I said, seemed excessive. Back to the Yanks...

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Well that seemed a bit excessive, but whatever.

Back to the conversation.

I don't see the Giants asking for Montero as part of a Cain deal. They already have a young catcher/1B in Posey. Not sure where Montero would get his AB's on that team.
    I'm pretty sure they're going to ask for whoever the Yankees best young chip is for Cain, regardless of need, since he would be an Ace of about 20-25 different teams, he just happens to pitch on the same team as Tim Lincecum. Hell, they would probably ask for him AND Banuelos. And somehow I don't think guys like Aubrey Huff would prevent them from finding at-bats for Montero.

With that said though, I'm pretty sure SF wants to re-sign Cain. It would really have to be the kind of offer that they can't refuse.

All Pro
    I'd love to have Cain, was just talking about that with a buddy at work, but they're going to ask for the sun and the moon for him -- if they even trade him.

I don't really know who the Yankees are going to find out there. But it better be someone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I'd love to have Cain, was just talking about that with a buddy at work, but they're going to ask for the sun and the moon for him -- if they even trade him.

I don't really know who the Yankees are going to find out there. But it better be someone.
    And to get someone like Cain, you have to be willing to give up a lot.

I'd do it. Prospects are prospects. Top line starters are so rare and so tough to acquire that you have to seize any opportunity. As we have seen in recent years, even mediocre teams with dominant front line starters can win it all. Imagine what the Yankees could do with it.

I still believe the Yankees should be focusing all their resources on drafting and developing pitching and then doing whatever it takes to acquire by trade more pitching. Not middle of the rotation pitching, but #1/2 guys. That should always be the goal. The lineup is pretty much set and when needed, holes can always be filled there by free agency.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I wouldn't mind Buehrle. He may not want to pitch more than one more year and would be a good place holder while Banuelos and Betances get ready.

...Yankees are not trading Montero...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    I wouldn't mind Buehrle. He may not want to pitch more than one more year and would be a good place holder while Banuelos and Betances get ready.
    Speaking of B & B, what a shame about Brackman, huh.

I don't think they trade Montero, they need his bat in the lineup as that would be the only real difference in the lineup. Cashman said that they aren't really going to do much with the lineup. Their priority is with the SP.

I think I would go after Yu Darvish, its a risk but the Yankees have the money and can take that risk. He could end up being our #2 starter and is only 25.

I read an article how he averaged 94 MPH on his fastball this past season, that hes taller than the average Japanese starter at 6'5, 5 inches taller than Dice K. He was brought up slower than Dice K, doesn't have the workload he had butstill more than the usual American pitcher. Hes got 4 pitches that would be above average in the majors.

Then try and trade AJ Burnett, Derek Lowe was able to be traded maybe some team would be willing to take Burnett, if the Yankees have to pay some of the contract. He only has 2 years left on his contract.

NEW YORK -- With free agency beginning on Thursday, Freddy Garcia and the New York Yankees plan to have further discussions about the right-hander returning to the rotation in 2012.

"I think there is mutual interest," said Chris Leible, one of Garcia's agents. "I think Freddy had a good year and enjoyed playing there."

I wouldn't mind bringing Garcia back on a 1 year deal, he is a solid pitcher.

1-Sabathia
    2-Darvish
    3-Nova
    4-Garcia
    5-Hughes

All Pro
    I'd much rather keep AJ than pay someone to take him off our hands for very little in return (low-end prospects who will likely never even make the bigs)

It's there with him, and he is an innings eater... the problem is they're paying him like a #2. But as a 4, he's fine and probably a better option than Freddy Garcia.

Counting on the Japanese guy to come in here to be the #2 is crazier than relying on AJ, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I'd much rather keep AJ than pay someone to take him off our hands for very little in return (low-end prospects who will likely never even make the bigs)

It's there with him, and he is an innings eater... the problem is they're paying him like a #2. But as a 4, he's fine and probably a better option than Freddy Garcia.

Counting on the Japanese guy to come in here to be the #2 is crazier than relying on AJ, IMO.
    Hes a phenom, I think hes going to be good..

AJ Burnett is terrible, 5.15 ERA this season 5.26 ERA last season. If hes here, hes here but I want to get rid of him.

Hall Of Fame
    Cain and Kershaw are absolute pipe dreams.

Contrary to popular belief I think Hernandez is available for the right price. Mariners owe him 18mm for next year. But I think it would be a mistake for Yanks. He is only 25-26 but he is an OLD 25-26. I also don't think he will handle NY.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    I can't see Buehrle coming to NY. If he leaves the ChiSox, he probably goes back home to St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I can't see Buehrle coming to NY. If he leaves the ChiSox, he probably goes back home to St. Louis.
    I read that Buehrle wants to pitch for a contender.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I read that Buehrle wants to pitch for a contender.
    And he can do that in St. Louis -- he is from the St. Louis area and for years there has been talk that he will finish his career there.

Never know what can happen if the Yanks are the highest bidder, but from what I have heard around here, I would be surprised if he winds up in NY.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

How about AJ Burnett for Jason Bay. Even swap!

AJ gets another chance to be a top of the rotation guy.

Bay gets to start over in a real hitters park.