Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees Hot Stove Thread (Try 2)

Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    Yankees also have Banuelos in the minors. And who is this great upgrade that's out there? Buerhle doesn't want to come here. CJ Wilson will cost too much $$ and you probably get similar production out of Garcia for 1 yr at a fraction of the cost and you're not locked in to a long-term deal.

Yankees aren't getting King Felix or any similar type of ace they'd have to offer Cano + prospects.

Gio Gonzalez is probably the only pitcher who is actually a realistic target that makes sense and he will cost us either Hughes or Nova.
    -Can never count on a minor league arm, plus the Yankees don't wait long (I.E Ian Kennedy)

-What proof do you have that Buehrle doesn't want to come to NY?

-While I'm not in favor of giving C.J. Wilspn a huge contract, it's ridiculous to say Freddy Garcia will give you similar production.

-I would trade Hughes or Nova for Gio Gonzalez in a second. Yankees would actually be wise to sell high on Nova.

The rotation is fine the problem last season was lack of clutch hitting.

Also, if anything, Nova should be the 4 or 5 not the 2. We already saw what happened with Hughes we can't burn out Nova's arm either with overuse. Garcia will probably end up being the #2 starter.
    You think a rotation with Garcia being a #2 starter is fine? Garcia only pitched 146 innings last year, and the year before 157. Guy usually only gives you 5-6 innings, that is not a #2 starter. Nova is perfectly capable of throwing 200+ innings next season, its a totally different situation than Hughes. Nova threw 180+ innings the year before and had 189 innings pitched last season between the playoffs, minor league innings, and the 165 he pitched in the regular season with the Yankees.

I am not convinced that Nova is a #2 starter at this point, I would feel better if we added a #2 or 3 starter. But hopefully Nova can keep improving and show hes a #2 or 3 starter.

Yankees also have Banuelos in the minors. And who is this great upgrade that's out there? Buerhle doesn't want to come here. CJ Wilson will cost too much $$ and you probably get similar production out of Garcia for 1 yr at a fraction of the cost and you're not locked in to a long-term deal.

Yankees aren't getting King Felix or any similar type of ace they'd have to offer Cano + prospects.

Gio Gonzalez is probably the only pitcher who is actually a realistic target that makes sense and he will cost us either Hughes or Nova.
    Manny Banuelos did not show he was ready for the bigs this past season, he needs more work in the minors. He walked too many batters last season.
    I don't think Banuelos and Betances can be counted on this season.

We are probably looking at pretty much the same team as last year except with Montero being up for the entire season. Hopefully he does good and A-Rod can stay healthy, also can Teixeira finally hit like he used to?

You guys can nit pick all you want we have a better rotation than the Red Sox and Rays and that's without getting locked into a third long-term megadeal for a starter. As for Banuelos he will probably get at least another half-season in the minors before he sees the majors and it would only be as an emergency fill-in in case someone is injured.

While CC is the best of the bunch, the Sox and Rays have better rotations. Lester, Buchholz, and Beckett;l Price, Shields, Hellickson (plus Matt Moore) > CC, Garcia, Nova
    Last edited by Mantle & Namath; 11-27-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Some talk about Matt Garza on the trading block.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantle & Namath View Post
    Some talk about Matt Garza on the trading block.
    ...which Theo will use to rape the Sox farm system.

All Pro
    I would also take a flier on "The yankee killer." I do not want him to DH fulltime but some at bats in small parks against lefties i think he could excel off the bench. That will leave some at bats for andruw jones against righties when montero needs a break or GOD forbid gets injured.
    Last edited by ucrenegade; 12-04-2011 at 10:10 AM.

All Pro
    vs lefties ortiz .329

actually we need a really good rh hitter off the bench. Nunez was our best bench rh hitter and he hit 259 against them no wonder detroit beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    I would also take a flier on "The yankee killer." I do not want him to DH fulltime but some at bats in small parks against lefties i think he could excel off the bench. That will leave some at bats for andruw jones against righties when montero needs a break or GOD forbid gets injured.
    who are you talking about?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    who are you talking about?
    Ortiz

Ortiz
    rgr. i'm all for anything that makes red sox fans dry heave.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    rgr. i'm all for anything that makes red sox fans dry heave.
    I'd dry heave. Pass.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I'd dry heave. Pass.
    with those numbers against lefties and you would pass?

Hall Of Fame
    Why waste a roster spot on a platoon DH who will be overpaid and overweight and is on the downside of his career? We need those DH at bats. It makes less than zero sense.

I don't know which one I want more, Yu Darvish or Yoenis Cespedes. I would like to add one. If Cespedes is a future all star OFer I would take him, scouts seem really high on this guy and think hes going to be a 30+ HR hitter with great athleticism.

Problem is hes 26 years old, you aren't really paying him to be a prospect and he'll probably play right away. The Yankees could gamble though they have the money and we could use more young bats. Plus we could upgrade over Swisher or Gardner.

I'm not thrilled about our current rotation, but our lineup was also a issue.

Montero is our DH next season not to mention Arod occasionally will have to DH in order to stay healthy and keep his bat in the lineup. Besides, David Ortiz will run out of steroids and go back to being the scrub he was before getting to Boston.

While CC is the best of the bunch, the Sox and Rays have better rotations. Lester, Buchholz, and Beckett;l Price, Shields, Hellickson (plus Matt Moore) > CC, Garcia, Nova
    Did you watch the second half of last season? The Sox rotation was horrible - nothing after Beckett and Lester and if Lester struggles like he did they are done.

Not to mention Dice-K and Lackey are both washed out.

Jon Heyman
    for danks, #whitesox seek banuelos AD montero from #yankees. cant blame 'em for trying. not serious yet, obvs.
    Haha, someones still pissed about getting hosed in that Swisher deal

Hall Of Fame
    Jon Heyman

Haha, someones still pissed about getting hosed in that Swisher deal
    Lol.