Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patriots Offensive Trend

Patriots Offensive Trend

[IMG]http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/e8/e8a3cc22d9ed3ce32f05c450e2152e30/the_absurdly_premature_playoff_picture_week_.png[/IMG]
    [url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-absurdly-premature-2011-playoff-picture-Wee?urn=nfl-wp10958[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Whoa! I don't put a ton of faith in statistics. In fact, I only think they're useful 67% of the time. But, yards per play is an extremely telling statistic and this is a very clear trend.

Other than playing some tough defenses the past 3 weeks, what else could account for this dramatic slowdown on offense?

Clearly has to do with the defenses they played...

Very interesting... although I do think the ridiculous levels from weeks 1 2 and even 3 were just unsustainable.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;4214905]Very interesting... although I do think the ridiculous levels from weeks 1 2 and even 3 were just unsustainable.[/QUOTE]

+1

They're not as good as the first few weeks had some people believing, but I don't think they've gone into the tank on offense either. They're somewhere in the middle.

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4214902]Clearly has to do with the defenses they played...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but gotta say it:

"LET'S GO BIG BLUE!!!":yes:

For relating purposes.. pack are #1 for the season with 6.8 yards per play.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4214900]Whoa! I don't put a ton of faith in statistics. In fact, I only think they're useful 67% of the time. But, yards per play is an extremely telling statistic and this is a very clear trend.

Other than playing some tough defenses the past 3 weeks, what else could account for this dramatic slowdown on offense?[/QUOTE]

just another point to having no faith in stats.....the pats hit a 70 something yard play against us which most likely skews the numbers a bit higher as well

[QUOTE=frankiepapa;4214922]just another point to having no faith in stats.....the pats hit a 70 something yard play against us which most likely skews the numbers a bit higher as well[/QUOTE]

68 plays run by NE...

Takes it down a full yard. But it still counts lol...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Well, the objective brilliant football minds over at patsfans.com are claiming that the Pats will win all their remaining games and win the Superbowl and that Belichick is actually an excellent drafter :rotfl:

Pats fans are MILES more delusional than the second most delusional fan base, Miami's.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4215344]Well, the objective brilliant football minds over at patsfans.com are claiming that the Pats will win all their remaining games and win the Superbowl and that Belichick is actually an excellent drafter :rotfl:

Pats fans are MILES more delusional than the second most delusional fan base, Miami's.[/QUOTE]

Delusion based on performance, unlike other fan bases.

However if you were really reading the threads at patsfans, you would know that the gloom and doomers have taken over.

[URL="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-absurdly-premature-2011-playoff-picture-Wee?urn=nfl-wp10958"]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-absurdly-premature-2011-playoff-picture-Wee?urn=nfl-wp10958[/URL]

It also predicts the playoff teams with the Patriots as the #2 seed. And they predict the Jets as the #? team.
    Last edited by #1Patriot; 11-02-2011 at 10:06 PM.

[QUOTE=#1Patriot;4215552]Delusion based on performance, unlike other fan bases.

However if you were really reading the threads at patsfans, you would know that the gloom and doomers have taken over.[/QUOTE]

What performance? The zero Super Bowls in the last 6 years? The Steelers have won 2 in that span, yet you view yourselves as superior to them.

Brady, Faulk, Branch, and Wilfork are the only guys on your team with rings. It's not like your team has a championship pedigree anymore. 90+% of the team has never won a thing.

You're still a very good team, but you haven't done anything in a while that would show that you're any better than the other good teams in the league.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=#1Patriot;4215552]Delusion based on performance, unlike other fan bases.

However if you were really reading the threads at patsfans, you would know that the gloom and doomers have taken over.

[URL="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-absurdly-premature-2011-playoff-picture-Wee?urn=nfl-wp10958"]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-absurdly-premature-2011-playoff-picture-Wee?urn=nfl-wp10958[/URL]

It also predicts the playoff teams with the Patriots as the #2 seed. And they predict the Jets as the #? team.[/QUOTE]

It's crazy to predict a SB win with that defense. And no Jet fans here are predicting a SB.

[QUOTE=JB1089;4215559]What performance? The zero Super Bowls in the last 6 years? The Steelers have won 2 in that span, yet you view yourselves as superior to them.

Brady, Faulk, Branch, and Wilfork are the only guys on your team with rings. It's not like your team has a championship pedigree anymore. 90+% of the team has never won a thing.

You're still a very good team, but you haven't done anything in a while that would show that you're any better than the other good teams in the league.[/QUOTE]

How about 11 straight winning seasons? You see for Patriots fans now, just making it to the AFCCG is nothing feel proud of and beat chest over. And most don't feel that the Patriots are anything special right now. But losing the division or even not making the playoffs is unthinkable for most of them right now.

I will admit that many Patriots fans are a spoiled lot. Many have never lived through the dark days and know anything but a repeated contender. So one loss like at Pit is the end of the earth for them.

But when Jets fans, who have not seen a glimps of the super Bowl in 43 years, start mocking a team that they, as of this day, are still looking up at, I do find that ironic.

Now when the Jets actually win something, like even a division championship, then the Jets fans will have something to really boast about. It is really comical when Jets fans or fans of most teams start with the ( haven't won a SB in 6 years or 18-1) as if that is some sort of a put down.

I'm not here to troll and if you or others think this is trolling, then I apologize. But it is the reality, no more , no less.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4215563]It's crazy to predict a SB win with that defense. [B]And no Jet fans here are predicting a SB.[/B][/QUOTE]
    Maybe not now. But come on Buzz, this board was full of SB predictions as the Jets destiny before the 3 losses. You know that to be true.

I'm certainly not predicting SB for the Patriots at this time. One thing at a time. win the division, win in the playoffs, then set the sites on the SB. It's foolish of any fans to be predicting SB right now. The season is not even half over, but some fans are foolish.

Id rather be a wildcard team than one and done in the playoffs...

Wake me up when you realize what year it is...

[QUOTE=#1Patriot;4215580]How about 11 straight winning seasons? You see for Patriots fans now, just making it to the AFCCG is nothing feel proud of and beat chest over. And most don't feel that the Patriots are anything special right now. But losing the division or even not making the playoffs is unthinkable for most of them right now.

I will admit that many Patriots fans are a spoiled lot. Many have never lived through the dark days and know anything but a repeated contender. So one loss like at Pit is the end of the earth for them.

But when Jets fans, who have not seen a glimps of the super Bowl in 43 years, start mocking a team that they, as of this day, are still looking up at, I do find that ironic.

Now when the Jets actually win something, like even a division championship, then the Jets fans will have something to really boast about. It is really comical when Jets fans or fans of most teams start with the ( haven't won a SB in 6 years or 18-1) as if that is some sort of a put down.

I'm not here to troll and if you or others think this is trolling, then I apologize. But it is the reality, no more , no less.[/QUOTE]

I'd be mad too if my team had a HOF QB who has looked like a turd in his last two playoff games. Unless he is flawless for three games, Brady & Co. will never win another Super Bowl under the current construction. And considering Aaron Rodgers had the best playoff run for a QB in God knows how long and still put up a dud one game, I don't like your chances.

No matter how much Goodell takes a dump on the defensive aspect of the game, it still takes all three phases of the game to win a SB.

The rest of the team is just that much of a joke. The coaching is obviously brilliant, and that works when you play against the Tony Sparanos and Norv Turners of the world in the regular season, but the playoffs is another beast. Just having an edge in coaching and QB play is not enough to surmount the deficiencies on the defense (in particular) and ST.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=#1Patriot;4215593]Maybe not now. But come on Buzz, this board was full of SB predictions as the Jets destiny before the 3 losses. You know that to be true.[/QUOTE]

Link some of them. I never saw any but perhaps I missed all of them

[QUOTE=#1Patriot;4215580][COLOR="Blue"]How about 11 straight winning seasons?[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]You see for Patriots fans now, just making it to the AFCCG is nothing feel proud of and beat chest over.[/COLOR]

Now when the Jets actually win something, like even a division championship, then the Jets fans will have something to really boast about. It is really comical when Jets fans or fans of most teams start with the ( haven't won a SB in 6 years or 18-1) [B]as if that is some sort of a put down.[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

AFCCG is nothing to be proud of? Why are you telling me about your 11 winning seasons then?

I didn't mean it as a put down. I'm just pointing out that Patriot fans, including yourself, still talk as if you're above the other top teams in the AFC, which you haven't been since 2007. If you still had all the same guys from the championship teams, that would be different, but almost all of them are gone. Your current group hasn't shown the ability to win a playoff game, let alone win a Super Bowl.

So what "past performance" are you referring to?

Until they prove otherwise, this current group of Patriots is a regular season team that collapses in the playoffs.

[QUOTE=JB1089;4215615]AFCCG is nothing to be proud of? Why are you telling me about your 11 winning seasons then?

I didn't mean it as a put down. I'm just pointing out that Patriot fans, including yourself, still talk as if you're above the other top teams in the AFC, which you haven't been since 2007. If you still had all the same guys from the championship teams, that would be different, but almost all of them are gone. Your current group hasn't shown the ability to win a playoff game, let alone win a Super Bowl.

So what "past performance" are you referring to?

Until they prove otherwise, this current group of Patriots is a regular season team that collapses in the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Ironically, the same exact type of team they belittled Colts fans for having...