Thread: Anyone ever have pneumonia and turn into empyema?

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone ever have pneumonia and turn into empyema?

Hey fellas,

I have been fighting a really bad case of pneumonia for about 3 weeks now and after my chest xr they found a little fluid that wasnt able to be seen before because the pneumonia was really bad...I went to a pulminologist and he told me he cant drain it because its in a gel state and would need surgey...but he said it wasnt that bad so he thinks a longer dose of high dose antibiotics should do the trick...he said there is no risk of getting the surgery now or later preferably later because it hardens....But he feels that the antibiotics should work because it cleared up the bottom portion of it and i was not on the medicine long enough he feels...

Anyone have complications from pneumonia before?

Any help would be appreciated.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Girl from Epenema...that's all I could think of after reading threat title. One could fap just hearing that lilting voice singing the lyrics but I digress.

It sounds like you're in the good hands of a medical professional and you'll be fine. :yes: I wouldn't rely on the sons of Frank Moga at Hampur General.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just got over pleurisy. It was fun.:rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;4215465]Hey fellas,

I have been fighting a really bad case of pneumonia for about 3 weeks now and after my chest xr they found a little fluid that wasnt able to be seen before because the pneumonia was really bad...I went to a pulminologist and he told me he cant drain it because its in a gel state and would need surgey...but he said it wasnt that bad so he thinks a longer dose of high dose antibiotics should do the trick...he said there is no risk of getting the surgery now or later preferably later because it hardens....But he feels that the antibiotics should work because it cleared up the bottom portion of it and i was not on the medicine long enough he feels...

Anyone have complications from pneumonia before?

Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Cant help, but I will send prayers and best wishes your way.

Sounds like you have been through the ringer.

Get well, bro!

:cool:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had viral pmemonia when I was young. I almost died from it. Threw up everything I put in my mouth. Water, juice, ice cubes (I don't know how you throw that up but I did). My fever ran close to 106, coughed so much I had a heart enlargement. I was so dehydrated when I was brought to the hospital they couldn't hook an IV to me because they couldn't find my veins.

Get well soon, keep taking those anti biotics.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4215626]Cant help, but I will send prayers and best wishes your way.

Sounds like you have been through the ringer.

Get well, bro!

:cool:[/QUOTE]

Thanks brotha...I just hope this round of antibiotics work or im gonna need surgery which i dont want nor can afford...trying to get into halthy NY insurance this week. just in case...Sundays arent the same with no beer chicken wings and the usual suspects or buddies...ive lost 15 lbs thought which is useful...lol...and now starting an all natural diet to help build up immunity and just overall health...The juicer hasnt been used this much in years.:yes: