Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Achtung Baby By The U2

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4217766]Update:

The remasters of [I]Achtung Baby[/I] and [I]Zooropa[/I] from the anniversary set are fabulous, a great improvement.

SAR I[/QUOTE]lol

SAR I is the Leslie Nielsen of our Generation. :worship:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4217766]Update:

The remasters of [I]Achtung Baby[/I] and [I]Zooropa[/I] from the anniversary set are fabulous, a great improvement.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Good to know, Achtung Baby is my favorite U2 album.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4218159][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFogh86sdq4[/url]

Yes, and the best part of that Showtime [I]Achtung Baby[/I] special is how they were jamming on the early formation of "Mysterious Ways" and stumbled upon a set of chords that they really liked. Switched to acoustic guitars, played those chords sequentially, and basically wrote "One" in about 15 minutes.

Amazing.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I'm dying to see this doc, but it's only on Showtime right now. :(

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty lame, apparently Achtung Baby was not technically remastered, just sonically boosted/tweaked :huh: :

[url]http://www.atu2.com/news/achtung-baby-not-remastered-after-all.html[/url]

[I]It looks like we can all put to rest the ongoing Is-it-remastered-or-not? question. Responding today to fans on Twitter, Neil McCormick reported that the Achtung Baby remaster -- which he received earlier this week -- is not remastered. His first tweet:

In answer to queries about Achtung Baby, I went to the source. It hasn't been remastered because it "didn't need to be", apparently ...

He followed that with more info:

It's been sonically tweaked & polished but not, technically, remastered. Hope that makes more sense to you than it does to me. #U2 #Achtung

And then one final tweet:

I'm just telling you what I've been told. Not remastered. But tweaked & boosted. Its definitely louder. #U2 #Achtung

This has been a really strange issue to follow. When the Achtung Baby anniversary edition was first announced in August, the official page at achtungbaby.u2.com made no mention of the word "remastered." But earlier this month, when the full track list was announced, that page had been updated and mentioned that the Achtung Baby CDs (but not Zooropa) were remastered. About a week ago, our friends at U2tour.de noticed that "remastered" had been removed from the official page. And the word currently doesn't appear on that official page. Strange, to say the least.[/I]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    "From the Sky Down", the outstanding documentary on The Making of The Achtung Baby, is coming on tonight in 14 minutes on Showtime 2 for those of you who've got it.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    About the thread title...

Should it read: "The Achtung Baby By The U2" ?

or....

"Achtung Baby By U2" ?