Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Beast freshman TE?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Beast freshman TE?

Help me out guys... a few weeks ago I was watching college football now i think on CBS and they were pluggin this freshman TE who looked like a freak. He making plays and simply wouldn't be stopped.

Anyone know of any highly touted freshman TEs that fit this bill? He was playing at a senoir level in terms of performance on the field (awareness, moves, comfort around bodies) I guess this guy didn't come out of nowhere, so i'm guessing he was high profile recruit...

thanks,

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Austin Seferian-Jenkins?

Austin Jenkins

#2 Tight End prospect last year.

6'7" () 250 lbs

Is that your man?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya could be - certainly fits the bill. 6'7?? Hello future Paradis obsession!

I had it in my head he played in white uniform, but maybe not.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, he had 5 catches for 77 yards against Stanford a few weeks ago. That was a road game, so Washington would have been wearing their white uniforms for that game, which is probably the one that the highlights were from.

ESPN lists him at 6'6" 258.

I've been through the top 35 high school TE prospect for each of the last two years (in case our mystery TE was a redshirt) and Jenkins is the only guy that fits the bill. He's 11th in the country for TE receiving yards and t-11th for TDs. None of the other 69 guys have come anywhere close to that, and all of the similarly productive TEs are juniors and seniors.

Nick O'Leary, the #1 TE prospect from last year, had a nice game for FSU tonight, 3 catches for 87 yards. But that more than doubled his production from the rest of the year (9 catches for 77 yards coming into the game), so I doubt that he's the one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well it's gotta be him then i guess hey? Looking back on WSH's schedule it would been when they played Hawaii or Nebraska. It was before i moved at the end of september. I just remember watching the game, and he seeing this freak catch the ball and the commentators saying "there he is, the highly touted freshman TE playing like he's been here before" kinda things.

Where do we sign up to get this Jenkins character?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Louisville also has a 6 foot 7 inch freakish TE that looks pretty good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They may be good but they are no pettigrew.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn straight.