JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

_
    Aaaah. Baby schween pool.

Looks refreshings.

-

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Seriously go to meetings keep going to you find one you like. Everybody used to tell me that and I used to say gfy I can stay sober on my own, and I could. But I dont go to meetings to stay sober I go so I can live sober. I owned bars grew up in a bar and spent my whole adult life in or outside of a bar. So I had no clue how to have fun get laid etc...sober.

The first thing you got to realize is just because your sober you're still the same person just not drunk. And I was a funny but evil dickhead with a serious antisocial personality.

So I had to get that sht straight too after I got sober. Just stopping drinking does nothing which is why im so adamant about telling you to go to meetings. You might stay dry but you will be a miserable **** that hates the fact that he can't drink anymore. That does go away it takes time and one day boom it just happens. If you lived around me id drag your ass to a meeting with me you'd have a field day. Pm me if you need any help it's the hardest thing you'll probably ever do but you will come out smiling in the end trust me I dont BS about serious ****. Good Luck man start living.
    Good stuff, it all makes too much sense. I think it's accurate to say that a large number of alcoholics suffer from depression, anxiety or a combination of both. My father could never turn up to any social event without stopping into a bar for a few first. You're obviously a smart individual so you have to figure out at what point you are going to make the leap on this.

It's a conversation many of us have with ourselves, yours is closer to the tipping point and Ragu is wisely giving you a little nudge.

Ragu is right of course, you are going to need to go back and deal with your anxiety/depression with a combination of meds/therapy. Case in point ...
    My mother was always relieved when my father went back on the beer after a dry spell as he was a marginally more-cruel-evil-s.o.b. sober than drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    So what exactly is your story?
    Did you used to drink a lot, and now don't do it anymore, or was it never your thing in the first place. I'm being totally serious.

Fwiw, I don't really drink anymore because Ive turned into a ****ing lightweight in my old age, and I have a habit of making 'bad decisions' as well. Give me some info so I can infest homage into this situation.
    Not to mention you flatulence problem.

Seriously go to meetings keep going to you find one you like. Everybody used to tell me that and I used to say gfy I can stay sober on my own, and I could. But I dont go to meetings to stay sober I go so I can live sober. I owned bars grew up in a bar and spent my whole adult life in or outside of a bar. So I had no clue how to have fun get laid etc...sober.

The first thing you got to realize is just because your sober you're still the same person just not drunk. And I was a funny but evil dickhead with a serious antisocial personality.

So I had to get that sht straight too after I got sober. Just stopping drinking does nothing which is why im so adamant about telling you to go to meetings. You might stay dry but you will be a miserable **** that hates the fact that he can't drink anymore. That does go away it takes time and one day boom it just happens. If you lived around me id drag your ass to a meeting with me you'd have a field day. Pm me if you need any help it's the hardest thing you'll probably ever do but you will come out smiling in the end trust me I dont BS about serious ****. Good Luck man start living.
    Thanks man. I appreciate it. I don't think I've gone this long without drinking since I got arrested a few years ago. 10 days!

I definitely plan on finding a good meeting. Good advice, I probably need to start booking a few therapy appointments too.

Hall Of Fame

Great stuff Ragu..I'm happy for you

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Thanks man. I appreciate it. I don't think I've gone this long without drinking since I got arrested a few years ago. 10 days!

I definitely plan on finding a good meeting. Good advice, I probably need to start booking a few therapy appointments too.
    I didn't know it was as serious. But Good luck, getting help and overcoming alcoholism isn't easy. I know a couple of people that should get help but choose not to. But at least you are taking some initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    I didn't know it was as serious. But Good luck, getting help and overcoming alcoholism isn't easy. I know a couple of people that should get help but choose not to. But at least you are taking some initiative.
    at least he came to the right place to seek help.

softside: oh hai guyz!! i haz drinking problem?

Hampur: LOLGFY virgin loser!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

LOL

I didnt know he was arrest.

-

Jets Insider VIP

Just because you finally get some now you're an authority on the subject

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Just because you finally get some now you're an authority on the subject?

And your e flirting and protecting is starting to become nauseating.

It's a serious problem and he's got balls putting it out there even if it's over the internet.
    Easy, Mongo, he was making an observation about bizarre hampur dynamics. Nobody wishes Southside well less than we do.

Nobody.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    E Nobody wishes Southside well less than we do.

Nobody.

-
    lol wut?

Hall Of Fame
    Easy, Mongo, he was making an observation about bizarre hampur dynamics. Nobody wishes Southside well less than we do.

Nobody.

-
    Hahahaaaa.

_

Jets Insider VIP

Nobody.

-
    Maybe you want to type that again?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Hahahaaaa.

_
    This guy gets it.

All League
    Softside- you mentioned you hang out in bars even though you don't want to drink because that's where your friends are. Ditch them and find new friends somewhere else. In my younger days I hung out with a bunch of real fvckups. I realized I would be a fvckup just like them if I didn't stop hanging around with them. So I did. I still have great memories of doing some crazy insane stuff, but I'd be in jail or dead if I still associated with those people.

Dont be afraid to ditch your "friends". There's plenty of other like minded people out there to be friends with. Again, find a hobby, and you'll meet plenty of people.

And Ragutz, update, please, on the 25 yr old crazy sex chick. Thankee in advance.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Softside- you mentioned you hang out in bars even though you don't want to drink because that's where your friends are. Ditch them and find new friends somewhere else. In my younger days I hung out with a bunch of real fvckups. I realized I would be a fvckup just like them if I didn't stop hanging around with them. So I did. I still have great memories of doing some crazy insane stuff, but I'd be in jail or dead if I still associated with those people.

Dont be afraid to ditch your "friends". There's plenty of other like minded people out there to be friends with. Again, find a hobby, and you'll meet plenty of people.

And Ragutz, update, please, on the 25 yr old crazy sex chick. Thankee in advance.
    It's a relationship now and i'm in love as she says. She calls the shots my balls are pretty much in her purse and I don't care as long as she keeps having sex with me.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post

Exactly. You should ditch those dicks and come hang out with us.

We're going to meet at a biergarte...

...yeah, Ragu, where's the update?

_

Jets Insider VIP
    It's a relationship now and i'm in love as she says. She calls the shots my balls are pretty much in her purse and I don't care as long as she keeps having sex with me.
    Exactly. You should ditch those dicks and come hang out with us.

We're going to meet at a biergarte...

...yeah, Ragu, where's the update?

_
    Glad you are not my lawyer. Id be doing life

Just because you finally get some now you're an authority on the subject

via Fishooked

Jets Insider VIP

via Fishooked