Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 272

Thread: The Sober Corner

  1. #241
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,532
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

    _
    Aaaah. Baby schween pool.

    Looks refreshings.


    -

  2. #242
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Seriously go to meetings keep going to you find one you like. Everybody used to tell me that and I used to say gfy I can stay sober on my own, and I could. But I dont go to meetings to stay sober I go so I can live sober. I owned bars grew up in a bar and spent my whole adult life in or outside of a bar. So I had no clue how to have fun get laid etc...sober.

    The first thing you got to realize is just because your sober you're still the same person just not drunk. And I was a funny but evil dickhead with a serious antisocial personality.

    So I had to get that sht straight too after I got sober. Just stopping drinking does nothing which is why im so adamant about telling you to go to meetings. You might stay dry but you will be a miserable **** that hates the fact that he can't drink anymore. That does go away it takes time and one day boom it just happens. If you lived around me id drag your ass to a meeting with me you'd have a field day. Pm me if you need any help it's the hardest thing you'll probably ever do but you will come out smiling in the end trust me I dont BS about serious ****. Good Luck man start living.
    Good stuff, it all makes too much sense. I think it's accurate to say that a large number of alcoholics suffer from depression, anxiety or a combination of both. My father could never turn up to any social event without stopping into a bar for a few first. You're obviously a smart individual so you have to figure out at what point you are going to make the leap on this.

    It's a conversation many of us have with ourselves, yours is closer to the tipping point and Ragu is wisely giving you a little nudge.

    Ragu is right of course, you are going to need to go back and deal with your anxiety/depression with a combination of meds/therapy. Case in point ...
    My mother was always relieved when my father went back on the beer after a dry spell as he was a marginally more-cruel-evil-s.o.b. sober than drunk.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    So what exactly is your story?
    Did you used to drink a lot, and now don't do it anymore, or was it never your thing in the first place. I'm being totally serious.

    Fwiw, I don't really drink anymore because Ive turned into a ****ing lightweight in my old age, and I have a habit of making 'bad decisions' as well. Give me some info so I can infest homage into this situation.
    Not to mention you flatulence problem.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Seriously go to meetings keep going to you find one you like. Everybody used to tell me that and I used to say gfy I can stay sober on my own, and I could. But I dont go to meetings to stay sober I go so I can live sober. I owned bars grew up in a bar and spent my whole adult life in or outside of a bar. So I had no clue how to have fun get laid etc...sober.

    The first thing you got to realize is just because your sober you're still the same person just not drunk. And I was a funny but evil dickhead with a serious antisocial personality.

    So I had to get that sht straight too after I got sober. Just stopping drinking does nothing which is why im so adamant about telling you to go to meetings. You might stay dry but you will be a miserable **** that hates the fact that he can't drink anymore. That does go away it takes time and one day boom it just happens. If you lived around me id drag your ass to a meeting with me you'd have a field day. Pm me if you need any help it's the hardest thing you'll probably ever do but you will come out smiling in the end trust me I dont BS about serious ****. Good Luck man start living.
    Thanks man. I appreciate it. I don't think I've gone this long without drinking since I got arrested a few years ago. 10 days!

    I definitely plan on finding a good meeting. Good advice, I probably need to start booking a few therapy appointments too.

  5. #245
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,109
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Seriously go to meetings keep going to you find one you like. Everybody used to tell me that and I used to say gfy I can stay sober on my own, and I could. But I dont go to meetings to stay sober I go so I can live sober. I owned bars grew up in a bar and spent my whole adult life in or outside of a bar. So I had no clue how to have fun get laid etc...sober.

    The first thing you got to realize is just because your sober you're still the same person just not drunk. And I was a funny but evil dickhead with a serious antisocial personality.

    So I had to get that sht straight too after I got sober. Just stopping drinking does nothing which is why im so adamant about telling you to go to meetings. You might stay dry but you will be a miserable **** that hates the fact that he can't drink anymore. That does go away it takes time and one day boom it just happens. If you lived around me id drag your ass to a meeting with me you'd have a field day. Pm me if you need any help it's the hardest thing you'll probably ever do but you will come out smiling in the end trust me I dont BS about serious ****. Good Luck man start living.

    Great stuff Ragu..I'm happy for you

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Thanks man. I appreciate it. I don't think I've gone this long without drinking since I got arrested a few years ago. 10 days!

    I definitely plan on finding a good meeting. Good advice, I probably need to start booking a few therapy appointments too.
    I didn't know it was as serious. But Good luck, getting help and overcoming alcoholism isn't easy. I know a couple of people that should get help but choose not to. But at least you are taking some initiative.

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    I didn't know it was as serious. But Good luck, getting help and overcoming alcoholism isn't easy. I know a couple of people that should get help but choose not to. But at least you are taking some initiative.
    at least he came to the right place to seek help.


    softside: oh hai guyz!! i haz drinking problem?


    Hampur: LOLGFY virgin loser!!

  8. #248
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    at least he came to the right place to seek help.


    softside: oh hai guyz!! i haz drinking problem?


    Hampur: LOLGFY virgin loser!!
    LOL

    I didnt know he was arrest.


    -

  9. #249
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    11,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    at least he came to the right place to seek help.


    softside: oh hai guyz!! i haz drinking problem?


    Hampur: LOLGFY virgin loser!!
    Just because you finally get some now you're an authority on the subject

  10. #250
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,532
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Just because you finally get some now you're an authority on the subject?

    And your e flirting and protecting is starting to become nauseating.

    It's a serious problem and he's got balls putting it out there even if it's over the internet.
    Easy, Mongo, he was making an observation about bizarre hampur dynamics. Nobody wishes Southside well less than we do.

    Nobody.

    -

  11. #251
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,613
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    E Nobody wishes Southside well less than we do.

    Nobody.

    -
    lol wut?

  12. #252
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Easy, Mongo, he was making an observation about bizarre hampur dynamics. Nobody wishes Southside well less than we do.

    Nobody.

    -
    Hahahaaaa.

    _

  13. #253
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    11,083
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Easy, Mongo, he was making an observation about bizarre hampur dynamics. Nobody wishes Southside well less than we do.

    Nobody.

    -
    Maybe you want to type that again?

  14. #254
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,532
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Hahahaaaa.

    _
    This guy gets it.


  15. #255
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,286
    Softside- you mentioned you hang out in bars even though you don't want to drink because that's where your friends are. Ditch them and find new friends somewhere else. In my younger days I hung out with a bunch of real fvckups. I realized I would be a fvckup just like them if I didn't stop hanging around with them. So I did. I still have great memories of doing some crazy insane stuff, but I'd be in jail or dead if I still associated with those people.

    Dont be afraid to ditch your "friends". There's plenty of other like minded people out there to be friends with. Again, find a hobby, and you'll meet plenty of people.


    And Ragutz, update, please, on the 25 yr old crazy sex chick. Thankee in advance.

  16. #256
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    11,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Softside- you mentioned you hang out in bars even though you don't want to drink because that's where your friends are. Ditch them and find new friends somewhere else. In my younger days I hung out with a bunch of real fvckups. I realized I would be a fvckup just like them if I didn't stop hanging around with them. So I did. I still have great memories of doing some crazy insane stuff, but I'd be in jail or dead if I still associated with those people.

    Dont be afraid to ditch your "friends". There's plenty of other like minded people out there to be friends with. Again, find a hobby, and you'll meet plenty of people.


    And Ragutz, update, please, on the 25 yr old crazy sex chick. Thankee in advance.
    It's a relationship now and i'm in love as she says. She calls the shots my balls are pretty much in her purse and I don't care as long as she keeps having sex with me.

  17. #257
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Softside- you mentioned you hang out in bars even though you don't want to drink because that's where your friends are. Ditch them and find new friends somewhere else. In my younger days I hung out with a bunch of real fvckups. I realized I would be a fvckup just like them if I didn't stop hanging around with them. So I did. I still have great memories of doing some crazy insane stuff, but I'd be in jail or dead if I still associated with those people.

    Dont be afraid to ditch your "friends". There's plenty of other like minded people out there to be friends with. Again, find a hobby, and you'll meet plenty of people.


    And Ragutz, update, please, on the 25 yr old crazy sex chick. Thankee in advance.
    Exactly. You should ditch those dicks and come hang out with us.

    We're going to meet at a biergarte...

    ...yeah, Ragu, where's the update?

    _

  18. #258
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    11,083
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    It's a relationship now and i'm in love as she says. She calls the shots my balls are pretty much in her purse and I don't care as long as she keeps having sex with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Exactly. You should ditch those dicks and come hang out with us.

    We're going to meet at a biergarte...

    ...yeah, Ragu, where's the update?

    _
    Glad you are not my lawyer. Id be doing life

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Just because you finally get some now you're an authority on the subject



    via Fishooked

  20. #260
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    11,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post



    via Fishooked

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us