Thread: Friggin NYC Marathon

Jets Insider VIP

Friggin NYC Marathon

Well, it's that time of year again when idiots from all over the globe inundate my neighborhood with their selfishness and stupidity just so they can run through the streets of NYC.

I am awoken at 4:30 AM to the melodious sounds of some ******* on a PA system telling which of the 50+ UPS trucks the runners can find their ****.:mad:

Next are all the dopes spilling out of their cars and throwing their garbage all over my street. :steamin:

I walk to the park with my dog and then make my way to the deli for the papers and a sammich. Whilst walking back, the block next to mine (not a major thoroughfare) is bumper to bumper. A special kind of jerkoff asks me where the race is(!). I tell him it starts at the Verrazano Bridge, which is directly behind us. He knows that, he's looking for where to drop runners off. I tell him that most of the runners are assembling at Fort Wadsworth as far as I know.

At this point, the ***** who is presumably running asks "don't you know; don't you live around here?". My reply? "That's all I know. And yes, I do live around here and it's because of dopes like you that I am walking to the store instead of driving. Enjoy the race!".:D I didn't bother to point out the inanity of her not wanting to walk too far before running 26.2 miles, so I continued on my way.:coolmad:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

When some jergoff asks me for directions, I always act like I'm eager to help and say "oh sure, go 4 blocks down and turn green."

They usually say thanks and sometimes even repeat it...for some reason it always takes awhile for them to process what I told them, and realize I'm screwing with them. By that time I'm already on my way.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4218318]When some jergoff asks me for directions, I always act like I'm eager to help and say "oh sure, go 4 blocks down and turn green."

They usually say thanks and sometimes even repeat it...for some reason it always takes awhile for them to process what I told them, and realize I'm screwing with them. By that time I'm already on my way.[/QUOTE]

Go do some real mod work and delete 'dong's' posts...

Been there for a while in some of the less than frequented forums...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4218319]Go do some real mod work and delete 'dong's' posts...

Been there for a while in some of the less than frequented forums...[/QUOTE]

Yes.....lets drop everything because you are irked by a post left by a long-banned spambot.... in some obscure forum.

:rolleyes:

Repeat after me; I am a fargin weirdo.

:alien:

-

All Pro
    g<G

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4218345]g<G[/QUOTE]

Careful...I'm working behind the scenes to get your first letter changed by a mod.

You're welcome!

(asking for a change from "g" to "n") :D

Jets Insider VIP
    My wife is running the Women's Half Marathon in Scottsdale/Tempe this morning. Insanely proud of her.

[QUOTE=32green;4218332]Yes.....lets drop everything because you are irked by a post left by a long-banned spambot.... in some obscure forum.

:rolleyes:

Repeat after me; I am a fargin weirdo.

:alien:

-[/QUOTE]

I only picked on him for my 3 hour long banishment the other day...

Just noticed it yesterday and again this morning and was too lazy to PM.

Relax slugger.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4218364]I only picked on him for my 3 hour long banishment the other day...
    [/QUOTE]

The haiku-ban rules were clearly posted. Not my fault if you can't count to seven.

And admit it, the ban was actually pretty funny.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Jetworks;4218313]Well, it's that time of year again when idiots from all over the globe inundate my neighborhood with their selfishness and stupidity just so they can run through the streets of NYC.

I am awoken at 4:30 AM to the melodious sounds of some ******* on a PA system telling which of the 50+ UPS trucks the runners can find their ****.:mad:

Next are all the dopes spilling out of their cars and throwing their garbage all over my street. :steamin:

I walk to the park with my dog and then make my way to the deli for the papers and a sammich. Whilst walking back, the block next to mine (not a major thoroughfare) is bumper to bumper. A special kind of jerkoff asks me where the race is(!). I tell him it starts at the Verrazano Bridge, which is directly behind us. He knows that, he's looking for where to drop runners off. I tell him that most of the runners are assembling at Fort Wadsworth as far as I know.

At this point, the ***** who is presumably running asks "don't you know; don't you live around here?". My reply? "That's all I know. And yes, I do live around here and it's because of dopes like you that I am walking to the store instead of driving. Enjoy the race!".:D I didn't bother to point out the inanity of her not wanting to walk too far before running 26.2 miles, so I continued on my way.:coolmad:[/QUOTE]

A few years back I lived two houses down from a quiet little little league field.

Used a couple of months in the spring. Then, the lunatics who run the LL (all dooshnozzles living through their kids) decide to put lights, bathrooms, a batting cage and a PA system in. There is no parking lot, and its surrounded on 3 sides by homes.

Then, since we have all this stuff, lets hold tournaments and invite other towns to use the field.

Next thing I knew, in front of my house... from May until November, every weekend, all day, car doors slamming, horns honking, kids screaming, garbage spilling out of strange cars, kids peeing on lawns, diaper changing...you name it.

Myself and my neighbor on the corner both moved.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4218352]My wife is running the Women's Half Marathon in Scottsdale/Tempe this morning. Insanely proud of her.[/QUOTE]

Good luck to her!

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4218364]I only picked on him for my 3 hour long banishment the other day...

Just noticed it yesterday and again this morning and was too lazy to PM.

Relax slugger.[/QUOTE]

Lolgfy

-

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;4218434]A few years back I lived two houses down from a quiet little little league field.

Used a couple of months in the spring. Then, the lunatics who run the LL (all dooshnozzles living through their kids) decide to put lights, bathrooms, a batting cage and a PA system in. There is no parking lot, and its surrounded on 3 sides by homes.

Then, since we have all this stuff, lets hold tournaments and invite other towns to use the field.

Next thing I knew, in front of my house... from May until November, every weekend, all day, car doors slamming, horns honking, kids screaming, garbage spilling out of strange cars, kids peeing on lawns, diaper changing...you name it.

Myself and my neighbor on the corner both moved.

-[/QUOTE]

I thought you seemed kind of familiar to me.

I had no idea.

Unfortunately, I'm still here.:(

[QUOTE=shakin318;4218378]The haiku-ban rules were clearly posted. Not my fault if you can't count to seven.

And admit it, the ban was actually pretty funny.[/QUOTE]

I actually had no idea what a haiku was...

My post was five seven five for the record...

Just wasn't syllables...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4220873]My post was five seven five for the record...

Just wasn't syllables...[/QUOTE]

Seems about right.

-

All Pro
    [QUOTE=32green;4218434]A few years back I lived two houses down from a quiet little little league field.
    [/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d4/Sandlot_poster.jpg/220px-Sandlot_poster.jpg[/IMG]

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4218352]My wife is running the Women's Half Marathon in Scottsdale/Tempe this morning. [B]Insanely [/B]proud of her.[/QUOTE]

A bit of hyperbole, no?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4221493]A bit of hyperbole, no?[/QUOTE]

Not really. She works a high-profile job, does a ton raising our two kids as I have to travel a lot for work, manages some volunteer activities and just this year put the idea of running a half marathon on her radar...she had never run a race longer a 5K in her life. She found the time to train and dedicated herself, then went out yesterday and ran 13.1 miles in about 2:15. I couldn't be happier or more proud.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4221510]Not really. She works a high-profile job, does a ton raising our two kids as I have to travel a lot for work, manages some volunteer activities and just this year put the idea of running a half marathon on her radar...she had never run a race longer a 5K in her life. She found the time to train and dedicated herself, then went out yesterday and ran 13.1 miles in about 2:15. I couldn't be happier or more proud.[/QUOTE]

Good for her, that couldnt have been easy to get the training in.

Tell her some anonymous doosh across the country says congrats!

:D

:cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;4221519]Good for her, that couldnt have been easy to get the training in.

Tell her some anonymous doosh across the country says congrats!

:D

:cool:[/QUOTE]

lol....I will. Thanks.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4221510]Not really. She works a high-profile job, does a ton raising our two kids as I have to travel a lot for work, manages some volunteer activities and just this year put the idea of running a half marathon on her radar...she had never run a race longer a 5K in her life. She found the time to train and dedicated herself, then went out yesterday and ran 13.1 miles in about 2:15. I couldn't be happier or more proud.[/QUOTE]

Those other things you mentioned seem to be a far better reason to be insanely proud of someone. But I'll stop pissing in your corn flakes now. :)