Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandusky/Penn State Thread (MERGED)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This is BS, pretty sure his contract was up at the end of the season anyway.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This is where we fail as a society.......A crooked Canes booster who's already in jail helped out some players with money and we suspended them.. Here a coach and University knows there coach is raping little boys and we do nothing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I'd be surprised if he doesn't retire before that.
    The board is already on the hook for potentially tens of millions of dollars in lawsuits....they would be morons to let him do it on his own schedule.

He lost the right to decide his own Penn State fate many years ago when he put the program and his legacy before a childs innocence.

He should be done within five minutes after the board meeting.

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    typical...9 out of 10 people are pussified cowards...welcome to the new america

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    A friend who is a local (to state college) sports reporter just called to let me know that Joe Paterno is retiring effective at the end of the season.
    I think his contract was up at the end of the year anyway...

I had heard rumors he was thinking of retiring after Saturday's home game before this all broke anyway...and urban Meyer was taking over
    Last edited by jetswin; 11-09-2011 at 10:21 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The announcement of him retiring at the end of the season in the midst of this scandal is bizarre. It's basically implying he did something wrong, but then allowing him to coach out the year anyway. Either have him retire now or don't say anything and let him retire after the season. PSU looks terrible at the moment.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cant believe they let Paterno coach this week. Unreal. If I were a Penn State alum I would tell them they will not see another penny in donations if Paterno is on the sideline anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Anyone who had any knowledge and did not call the police immedialtely should be shown the door ASAP. I don't care what kind of legacy is involved. This whole thing is disgusting and despicable. Great so now he will retire and probably be given some grand send off which he lost all rights to when he decided not to call the police.
    Go to any 4th grade class and realize that is what that animal wanted... The fact that Penn State football was more important than dozens of abused kids (I will bet more will come out) is beyond the realm of comprehension... I went to school in central PA and Penn State Football was the shi*. The cover up is much like the Catholic church...

Unfortunately, I think Jets fans have the patent on "JOE MUST GO" but PSU can use it now....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The board is already on the hook for potentially tens of millions of dollars in lawsuits....they would be morons to let him do it on his own schedule.

He lost the right to decide his own Penn State fate many years ago when he put the program and his legacy before a childs innocence.

-
    That's a good point. This is Paterno's decision. The board has not said whether or not this is acceptable or if they are going to throw him out on his ear.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    for the record i was sexually abused multible times when i was younger and naive and these people are scum..i hated myself..hell even today...its not cool...this guy brushed it under the rug just like everyone else. Dogs>humans

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    The announcement of him retiring at the end of the season in the midst of this scandal is bizarre. It's basically implying he did something wrong, but then allowing him to coach out the year anyway. Either have him retire now or don't say anything and let him retire after the season. PSU looks terrible at the moment.
    Maybe I am reading this wrong...but I think that is Paterno's statement, not PSUs statement.

Perhaps he thinks by announcing this he will give the schools administrators an option other than firing him immediately.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The whole thing is dispicable. But I can not help but think about the fact that Paterno was 76 when this stuff went down in 2002 and that a younger Paterno would have conducted himself differently. At least I hope he would have. It's sad that with all the good that he accomplished he will be remembered for his worst moment -- A pretty monsterously bad moment. We need to never forget that the kids are the victims here, but Paterno's fall makes him a tragic figure. He's a guy that always seemed to do things the "right" way, no one would have ever imagined he would conduct himself in such a shameful manner when confronted with such a terrible situation.

Was his legacy really more important than the welfare of these kids - or- was he a tired old man deferring to the younger men who were running PSU on a day to day basis. I truly hope that when he finally talks about this he expresses profound regret. If he doesn't we'll all know that the Paterno-way was a grand facade and he always cared more about his legacy than the kids he coached or PSU.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I cant believe they let Paterno coach this week. Unreal. If I were a Penn State alum I would tell them they will not see another penny in donations if Paterno is on the sideline anymore.
    Did anyone see Matt Millen last night on Sportscenter... His reaction was dead on... he looked like he took one right in the gut when he totally broke down. Todd Blackledge this morning on Mike and Mike sounded as if he was ready to lose it. These guys must feel like everything their school stood for was gone in a instant....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is this affecting the line vs Nebraska?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    Maybe I am reading this wrong...but I think that is Paterno's statement, not PSUs statement.

Perhaps he thinks by announcing this he will give the schools administrators an option other than firing him immediately.
    Hmm.. you may be correct, but I'm not sure I buy that it's his decision.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The whole thing is dispicable. But I can not help but think about the fact that Paterno was 76 when this stuff went down in 2002 and that a younger Paterno would have conducted himself differently. At least I hope he would have. It's sad that with all the good that he accomplished he will be remembered for his worst moment -- A pretty monsterously bad moment. We need to never forget that the kids are the victims here, but Paterno's fall makes him a tragic figure. He's a guy that always seemed to do things the "right" way, no one would have ever imagined he would conduct himself in such a shameful manner when confronted with such a terrible situation.

Was his legacy really more important than the welfare of these kids - or- was he a tired old man deferring to the younger men who were running PSU on a day to day basis. I truly hope that when he finally talks about this he expresses profound regret. If he doesn't we'll all know that the Paterno-way was a grand facade and he always cared more about his legacy than the kids he coached or PSU.
    He said last night "pray for the victims" I would have to infer that he was in the know by that statement....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Did anyone see Matt Millen last night on Sportscenter... His reaction was dead on... he looked like he took one right in the gut when he totally broke down. Todd Blackledge this morning on Mike and Mike sounded as if he was ready to lose it. These guys must feel like everything their school stood for was gone in a instant....
    This is something that this program will never recover from. When someone hears Penn State football, they will now think of this scandal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

-
    Exactly

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will have to see how this plays out, if it comes to fruition and they let him finish out the season, then it’s simply a program saving face/damage control.

In speaking with a few Penn State fans, I have a sneaky suspicion that in time they will approach this much like how New England fans did/do with Spy Gate.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

If there was ever a place for a protest it is at the next Penn State game. This is unforgivable. Everyone that allowed this to be brushed under the rug is an accomplice plain and simple because the monster was allowed to continue to prey on children. They should all be drawn and quartered on the Penn State field however I would be satisfied if they all spent many years in Jail getting raped in the general population so they can know what those kids went through and see if they feel that it should have been handled differently.