Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandusky/Penn State Thread (MERGED)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    He said last night "pray for the victims" I would have to infer that he was in the know by that statement....
    I dont doubt for a second that Paterno knew what was going on. These coaches at these big programs know EVERYTHING that goes on. I realize Paterno is not the molester, but his lack of action directly led to other children being victims and having their lives changed forever.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    .....if he lasts that long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    Maybe I am reading this wrong...but I think that is Paterno's statement, not PSUs statement.

Perhaps he thinks by announcing this he will give the schools administrators an option other than firing him immediately.
    Its not like he was a given to come back anyway next year. With this guy, his lucidity needs to be called in question every year as he's 84 frickin years old. There would have been a strong contingent lobbying to get him to retire anyway, irrespective of this scandal. To say that he's retiring at the end of the season makes it seem like its in the ordinary course of business.

I still think he's gone within the next two weeks. Unfortunately, this scandal runs too deep into the core of PSU that there's no one to really make the decision to boot him now. They need to convene a special committee that won't even be set up prior to Saturday's game. Eventually, after the powers that be run through the timeline and scenarios and realize that there simply was no way that Paterno, McQuery and others did what they should have (morally), they are going to have to act prior to the end of the season.

The home grown nature of PSU football may ultimately be its downfall. It may be similar at other big football schools, but it seems like everyone in the PSU program grew up there, played there and ascended to a coaching position. Anyone who even had an inkling of what was going on will be smeared by this, fairly or not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    We will have to see how this plays out, if it comes to fruition and they let him finish out the season, then itís simply a program saving face/damage control.

In speaking with a few Penn State fans, I have a sneaky suspicion that in time they will approach this much like how New England fans did/do with Spy Gate.

Really? I kinda get what you are saying, but this is nothing like Spy Gate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I dont doubt for a second that Paterno knew what was going on. These coaches at these big programs know EVERYTHING that goes on. I realize Paterno is not the molester, but his lack of action directly led to other children being victims and having their lives changed forever.
    yes..this is the facet that bugs me the most...paterno chose the program and his buddy over the raping of children...ya ill pass on this bozo and those moronic collge kids who should be protesting the criminal tuition instea dof this silly football nonsense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? I kinda get what you are saying, but this is nothing like Spy Gate.
    I know, I knowÖ

Iím totally not saying they are remotely the same thing or on the same level.
    Iím just saying that much like NE fans, no one wants to face the truth when itís something really ugly.

I already see it from the few Penn State fans Iíve talked to. They are already supporting Joe Pa, saying he didnít know or that he 100% did the correct thing by reporting it to Campus Police.

One even told me that Penn State Campus Police is not just a small time College campus security force. Itís a full blown Police Squad, with Jails and itís actually bigger than the local Police force.

Reporting an incident to them is far more valid and the correct course of action as opposed to reporting to the local Police.

Iím just saying, get ready, the coolaid is about to be servedÖ

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can they even hold a press conference the rest of the year? No one will care that they just beat Michigan. Every question will be about the Kiddie Raping.

PSU has their heads in the sand and everyone from Joe to the uni president need to roll.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Being the victim of as crime is not justification for committing that same crime in our society. We do not allow victims of rape to rape someone else. We do not allow victims of assault to assault someone else. We do not allow survivors of a murder to murder someone else.

Being the victom of sexual abuse is horrible, I assure you. I know far more about the damage it causes than I prefer. However, it does not give justification for becoming a sexual abuser yourself.

The cycle is broken when a victim of abuse chooses to not continue the cycle and abuse another. Either through force of personal will, or via the various help, support or counciling services available.
    this is much better than the response I was gearing up for Bushy and Traitor Jay, who seem hell-bent on defending pedophile monsters. If I had walked into that shower McQuerey did, I can absolutely guarantee you that Sandusky would have never raped another child again. Period.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Achilles View Post
    yes..this is the facet that bugs me the most...paterno chose the program and his buddy over the raping of children...ya ill pass on this bozo and those moronic collge kids who should be protesting the criminal tuition instea dof this silly football nonsense.
    Yea....I dont really want to hear Paterno come out and say he told his AD or another Penn State employee and by doing so he somehow feels vindicated. Anyone with an ounce of common sense calls the police and makes sure this animal is locked up and not able to do this to anyone else. The fact that Sandusky was still allowed around the school and able to use their facilities for his camps goes beyond comprehension. Paterno has a lot to answer for....for allowing this animal to set foot near the Penn State campus, and not behind bars where he belongs.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    These moron students rallying and chanting Paterno's name are really tarnishing the reputation of the University. It's embarrassing.

If Paterno coaches on Saturday, everyone running that college should be fired.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Why? What did he do that's decent? Report the issue to Paterno (in what terms we don't know)? Who then reported it to the AD? How come he didn't follow up with police? He was the eye witness. In fact, why didn't he go to the police in the first place? Incidentally, he is now the PSU wide receivers coach.
    He didn't even try to break it up. How can you see that happening to a 10 year old and not do something?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    These moron students rallying and chanting Paterno's name are really tarnishing the reputation of the University. It's embarrassing.

If Paterno coaches on Saturday, everyone running that college should be fired.
    +eleventy-billion.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Anyone who defends Paterno is sick.

Picture one of your children or a child close to you being anally raped by a 60 year old man.

Then....think about that there were individuals who knew about this and failed to notify the police.

Then...think about these same people let this monster stick around freely for 8 more years, letting him continue to sodomize other children.

Paterno is a great football coach but a scumbag as a person.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Picture one of your children or a child close to you being anally raped by a 60 year old man.

Then....think about that there were individuals who knew about this and failed to notify the police.

Then...think about these same people let this man stick around for 8 more years, letting him continue to sodomize other children.

I made this same point yesterday in another thread. I have an 11 year old son and a 6 year old daughter. I can not imagine a scenario that I do not kill the guy who did this to my child. I cant believe Sandusky is out on bail either. I honestly dont think he makes it to trial, I think he kills himself in the coming weeks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Then...think about these same people let this man stick around for 8 more years, letting him continue to sodomize other children.

I don't need to picture this happening to a child close to me. I can't stand the thought of it happening to ANY child. The scumbags who enabled this evil need to be locked up just as long as him.

scratch that. One day longer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made this same point yesterday in another thread. I have an 11 year old son and a 6 year old daughter. I can not imagine a scenario that I do not kill the guy who did this to my child. I cant believe Sandusky is out on bail either. I honestly dont think he makes it to trial, I think he kills himself in the coming weeks.
    It would be the first good thing this douche ever did. He needs to be killed along with everyone that enabled him for the past 12+ years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    It would be the first good thing this douche ever did. He needs to be killed along with everyone that enabled him for the past 12+ years.
    I would prefer him to spend the rest of his life in prison, being treated like the children he abused his whole life. Child sex offenders live a horrible existence in prison.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    +eleventy-billion.
    Stop sucking up...the Mod position has been filled.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    You think he'll make it to the end of the season? If I had to put money on it, I think he's done sooner than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    He wont make this Friday evening. You watch. This is HUGE.
    I'm only going by what I read yesterday. The plan then was to allow him to finish the season. I heard this morning that the board of trustees is putting together a special unit to investigate the entire situation. That will obviously take time to resolve itself. I doubt that he is fired. I think the only way Paterno leaves before the end of the season is if they pressure him to resign. But I have a feeling that won't happen. I believe they are trying to allow him to leave with as much dignity as possible, under the circumstances, and allowing him to finish the season would help accomplish that end.

Has anyone here put any blame on McQueary and his father? First, McQueary was 28 years old at the time, certainly mature enough to intervene in such an act of horror. And Sandusky and the child allegedly saw him and he just left? Like, oh okay, carry on? Then, he calls his father who tells him to just leave? Neither one of them calls authorities? IMO McQueary is more to blame than Paterno.

And where is this boy today? He is not one of the victims who have come forward. Was he silenced/paid off?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I know, I know…

I’m totally not saying they are remotely the same thing or on the same level.
    I’m just saying that much like NE fans, no one wants to face the truth when it’s something really ugly.

I already see it from the few Penn State fans I’ve talked to. They are already supporting Joe Pa, saying he didn’t know or that he 100% did the correct thing by reporting it to Campus Police.

One even told me that Penn State Campus Police is not just a small time College campus security force. It’s a full blown Police Squad, with Jails and it’s actually bigger than the local Police force.

Reporting an incident to them is far more valid and the correct course of action as opposed to reporting to the local Police.

I’m just saying, get ready, the coolaid is about to be served…
    You are wrong. I am a Penn State alum and I'm sure that I've spoke to more penn staters than you have about this. The majority (including myself) are completely disgusted with Paterno's criminal negligence and are calling for him to be fired and not allow him to finish the season. You may have spoke with a "few" people that are sticking up for him, but to say that most PSU fans are backing him is just silly.

There are 40,000 kids attending @ State College, PA right now and the percentage of supporters is very small compared to the percentage of people that are wanting him to be let go. We will not brish this under the rug and try to make it not seem as bad as it is. This is horrendous and will never be forgotten or made out to be less than it is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm only going by what I read yesterday. The plan then was to allow him to finish the season. I heard this morning that the board of trustees is putting together a special unit to investigate the entire situation. That will obviously take time to resolve itself. I doubt that he is fired. I think the only way Paterno leaves before the end of the season is if they pressure him to resign. But I have a feeling that won't happen. I believe they are trying to allow him to leave with as much dignity as possible, under the circumstances, and allowing him to finish the season would help accomplish that end.

Has anyone here put any blame on McQueary and his father? First, McQueary was 28 years old at the time, certainly mature enough to intervene in such an act of horror. And Sandusky and the child allegedly saw him and he just left? Like, oh okay, carry on? Then, he calls his father who tells him to just leave? Neither one of them calls authorities? IMO McQueary is more to blame than Paterno.

And where is this boy today? He is not one of the victims who have come forward. Was he silenced/paid off?
    Many have questioned how McQueary could justify not stopping the act when he saw it, not killing the guy, not calling the cops, deciding to go home and sleep on it before talking to Paterno, not following up when he saw it was brushed under the rug, taking a job to be quiet about it, not killing the guy when he saw he was still allowed around children, etc.