Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandusky/Penn State Thread (MERGED)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

The PSU alum I know are all devasted and furious over this...

The more I hear and read the more disguested I become with PSU from the top down, including JoePa. I can't imagine him not resigning later today.

All League
    I don't know if any of you have kids - it's disgusting in itself - but if you have children it's even more disturbing. I don't know what I would do if that was my 10 yr old boy, besides figure out a way to kill the scumbag w/o getting caught.

But secondly, as a father, if I was in Joe Pats shoes (I assume he also has kids?), if that was reported to me, I wouldn't leave any stone unturned in figuring out just what the hell happened and whoever was responsible is punished.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I don't know if any of you have kids - it's disgusting in itself - but if you have children it's even more disturbing. I don't know what I would do if that was my 10 yr old boy, besides figure out a way to kill the scumbag w/o getting caught.

But secondly, as a father, if I was in Joe Pats shoes (I assume he also has kids?), if that was reported to me, I wouldn't leave any stone unturned in figuring out just what the hell happened and whoever was responsible is punished.
    he sure seems complicit in the cover up

Am I missing something? Everyone is all worked up about Joe Paterno not calling the police, why didn't the graduate assistant call the police?

Jets Insider VIP
    ^This

And he is a father.

Joe and Sue Paterno have five children: Diana, Jay, Mary Kay, David, and Scott. All of his children are Penn State graduates and he has seventeen grandchildren. One of his children, Jay Paterno, has been an assistant coach at Penn State since 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    The PSU alum I know are all devasted and furious over this...

The more I hear and read the more disguested I become with PSU from the top down, including JoePa. I can't imagine him not resigning later today.
    I was a Penn State grad student. What depresses me most is that in order to preserve their own self-interest (as well as the Football Program's reputation), Paterno, and the rest of the the Athletic Department hierarchy, allowed a predator like Sandusky to abuse children unchecked. And on University property, no less. For this, there is no out.

If all the allegations are proven true, each person in the collusion, including JoPa, needs to see significant (10+ years) jail time.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    he sure seems complicit in the cover up
    Yeah, what a dipshyt. "Hey Coach, one of your employees was just caught anally raping a 10 yr old boy in the showers".

"OK, I'll tell the AD in the morning, and that's that."

WLF.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    Am I missing something? Everyone is all worked up about Joe Paterno not calling the police, why didn't the graduate assistant call the police?
    Indeed. Who is the grad student, and why didn't he tell the police also?

Jets Insider VIP

I have kids and if the scumbag ever touched my kids, I know I'd be worried about getting caught killing him...

in the months that I'd be slowly torturing him while he was begging me to kill him.

Jets Insider VIP
    I didn't know this at first but apparently he was willing to trade his silence... and soul... for a job with Paterno.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I didn't know this at first but apparently he was willing to trade his silence... and soul... for a job with Paterno.
    Wow.

What a sad display of the human race.

All League
    WOW, now THAT's really disturbing, too.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He should be aloud to finish the season and retire with respect IMO. He is not a suspect and no charges will be filed on him at all. PS does need to clean house but they do not need to jump on a guy who is testifying right now to put the real guilty parties in jail. Should he have gone to the police yes but his bosses should have gone to the police when he went to them. So because they didn't do their jobs Joe just looks bad for not reporting them. This was a breakdown well above Joes head. Bad situation but Joe Pa was one of the few that actually did report something. He will likely retire but should be aloud to do it right.
    He did the bare minimum legally, morally he is almost as bad as Sandusky.

Jets Insider VIP
    He's Penn State's WR's coach.

All League
    Mike McQueary, currently one of Penn State's coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Not trying to be funny at all. But just like the title of Sandusky's book, "Touched", you just can't make this stuff up.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Goddamn gingers....are they good for ANYthing?

Started at QB for 2 years... a real leader of men.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    ^This

And he is a father.
    Jay Paterno is Joe's son and Assitant Coach. You've gotta think that over the years some young members of JoePa's family must have been around this monster. Why wouldn't that alone be motivation for Paterno to report it to the police after it was clear the Univesity was sweeping it under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Not trying to be funny at all. But just like the title of Sandusky's book, "Touched", you just can't make this stuff up.
    JOE MUST GO.......