Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandusky/Penn State Thread (MERGED)

They told the CAMPUS POLICE?

What a joke. You call them for a keg party going out of control.

Obviously everyone wanted to keep this "inhouse."

They are ALL scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I was a Penn State grad student. What depresses me most is that in order to preserve their own self-interest (as well as the Football Program's reputation), Paterno, and the rest of the the Athletic Department hierarchy, allowed a predator like Sandusky to abuse children unchecked. And on University property, no less. For this, there is no out.

If all the allegations are proven true, each person in the collusion, including JoPa, needs to see significant (10+ years) jail time.

^^^^^ 100% The B-Man Is on the money. Joe-Pa told his suerior and NEVER called the police, F'him!!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by acepepe View Post
    ^^^^^ 100% The B-Man Is on the money. Joe-Pa told his suerior and NEVER called the police, F'him!!!!
    Wasn't Sandusky the brains behind the operation back in the "Linebacker U" days? Sure makes JoePa look bad now, coverup and keep the golden goose on board...of course that's all conjecture on my part but it's hard not to think that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Indeed. Who is the grad student, and why didn't he tell the police also?
    This really says it better than I could.

Let's now get to Mike McQueary who should be on the hook more so than Paterno. According to the indictment and reports, McQueary was returning game films when he heard noises coming from the shower room. McQueary went to investigate and what he found is something that is so incredibly horrid to even think about that I have trouble actually typing it.

But, let's not beat around the bush here. Let's not split hairs, let's call it for what it is. McQueary didn't witness inappropriate touching, he didn't witness some "horsing around", he didn't walk in on an awkward situation that could've possibly been something other than what it appeared. What he—according to the indictment—witnessed was a naked 58-year-old man brutally raping a naked ten-year-old child against the wall of the Penn State University Football team's shower room.

Let that sink in a minute.

McQueary is not a babe lost in the woods. He wasn't himself a child walking in on Sandusky and his victim unable to comprehend what was going on. He was a grown man. A man who played starting quarterback for a major college program. A man who in that role was looked upon to be the leader of other men. A man who in his role as assistant coach was being asked to mold and to develop other young men.

What did this grown man reportedly do?

Did he lash out in blinding violence in order to save a little boy who was being violated and brutalized in the most horrific way imaginable? No.

Did he muster up all of his shock and anger and shout, 'What the hell is going on here!? Get off of him!"? No.

Did he cough, clear his throat, drop the film canisters, kick over a mop, slap the wall, anything to make a noise that would cause Sandusky to stop raping a ten-year-old child? Apparently not.

What he did was run away.

McQueary, an athlete who is a good 25 to 30 years younger than Sandusky, (according to reports) did not stand up to the former coach and protect the small child—he simply left. He left that boy alone in that shower with that monster.

McQueary, Big Red, a sideline favorite of cameramen and directors covering Penn State games on National television, went home. He didn't run out, which seeing as though he walked in on an incredibly shocking scene could possibly be excused, and grab a security guard, a janitor or other students walking by for help. No, he went home. He discussed the issue with his father and then the next day went to Paterno with the information. Paterno, kicked the issue up the chain of command and then apparently forgot all about the ordeal.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...-mike-mcqueary

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree with many of your take here.

McCreary (the grad student at the time), should've called the police. It's just like witnessing a murder. You don't just tell the HC.

Paterno should've convinced McCreary to go to the police. Paterno couldn't have reported it as not a witness, but, because of his position he should have accompanied McCreary in going to the police.

The fact that they only told superiors is insane. In the "failure to report" group, McCreary is the biggest villian.
    Last edited by SMC; 11-08-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Wasn't Sandusky the brains behind the operation back in the "Linebacker U" days? Sure makes JoePa look bad now, coverup and keep the golden goose on board...of course that's all conjecture on my part but it's hard not to think that way.
    Yes he was the Def coach. Its not hard at all not to think JoePa was in the know. Look at what Tressel did at Ohio State, although no where near what is coming out of Penn State, he knew everything that was going on. JoePA is Mr. Pennsyltucky and no one would/could touch him. How many 84 year olds are still calling the shots.

Was listening tot he radio thios moening (Mike & Mike) and they covered the DA who decided, despirte apparent solid evidence and a confession, not to press charges way back when. Smells like Law Enforcement also dropped the ball big-time on this case.

Interestingly, that DA subsequently went missing and is presumed dead. He went for a drive, his car was later recovered many townships away, and his laptop was found int he Susquehana river, smashed and the harddrive destroyed.

This story is so horrible all round, but every new detail seems to make it worse. Total speculation, but it may even be possible (tho unproveable) that Sandusky killed the DA!

In any event, my prediction, JoPa passes away before this is resolved, and likely before the clock turns on 2012. If you're in a deadpool, JoPa is probably a safe bet right now.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Was listening tot he radio thios moening (Mike & Mike) and they covered the DA who decided, despirte apparent solid evidence and a confession, not to press charges way back when. Smells like Law Enforcement also dropped the ball big-time on this case.

Interestingly, that DA subsequently went missing and is presumed dead. He went for a drive, his car was later recovered many townships away, and his laptop was found int he Susquehana river, smashed and the harddrive destroyed.

This story is so horrible all round, but every new detail seems to make it worse. Total speculation, but it may even be possible (tho unproveable) that Sandusky killed the DA!

wow

This will be a Lifetime Channel movie within the next 6 months. Sometimes people stick around too long.....

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    This really says it better than I could.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...-mike-mcqueary
    This is just disgusting. All of them (PSU officials) condone this brutal unhuman behavior. Reading this makes me so angry.

One-third of the people of Centre County believe DA Ray Gricar was murdered by a drug ring he was investigating, another third think he committed suicide much like his brother did years ago, the last third think he is living an alternative life-style under a new name in San Francisco.

One-third of the people of Centre County believe DA Ray Gricar was murdered by a drug ring he was investigating, another third think he committed suicide much like his brother did years ago, the last third think he is living an alternative life-style under a new name in San Francisco.
    Also, he went missing in 05. 7 years after declaring there wasn't enough evidence to proceed so they aren't related.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Gricar

Well, now knowing that this apparently stand-up DA, with nop horse in the University race (apparently), who chose not to file charges when (reportedly) the evidence against Sandusky was somewhat clear....and then dissapeared.....may shed some new theories (conspiracy theories) about what happened to him.

At the very least, it's an interesting wrinckle to the story, since Mr. Gricar isn't here to tell us why he chose not to stop this by pressing charges years and years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    Also, he went missing in 05. 7 years after declaring there wasn't enough evidence to proceed so they aren't related.
    The timeline doesn't disprove it as apossabillity.

Example: Sandusky somehow "convinces" the DA not to file (threats, payola, etc) and he doesn't. Later, the DA's conscience gets the better of him, or Sandusky realizes the risk isn't worth it and enough time has passed to not directly implicate him, and he kills (or pays to have killed) the DA.

That, or I watched JFK far too many times the other day. Who knows.
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-08-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Well, now knowing that this apparently stand-up DA, with nop horse in the University race (apparently), who chose not to file charges when (reportedly) the evidence against Sandusky was somewhat clear....and then dissapeared.....may shed some new theories (conspiracy theories) about what happened to him.

At the very least, it's an interesting wrinckle to the story, since Mr. Gricar isn't here to tell us why he chose not to stop this by pressing charges years and years ago.

Example: Sandusky somehow "convinces" the DA not to file (threats, payola, etc) and he doesn't. Later, the DA's conscience gets the better of him, or Sandusky realizes the risk isn't worth it and enough time has passed to not directly implicate him, and he kills (or pays to have killed) the DA.

Hehe.. I like where your head is at.

Jets Insider VIP
    From what I hear, Paterno followed the bare minimum of protocol in this which basically means he did the minimum that the law required.

Morally, he failed miserably and in my eyes and he shares responsibility for any children hurt after he knew. His inaction is disgusting.

And I keep hearing that McQuery and his father told Paterno that he had witnessed something horrible but Paterno says he didn't know to what extent it went.

Can anyone truly believe that? This is a guy that is responsible for many young men and therefore responsible for the actions of those he puts around those young men. Are we truly to believe that he had his head so far up his ass that he didn't know? Because he seems to be claiming he didn't know anything like some drooling old fool.

In my book, he's a piece of sh!t.

Always liked Joe Pa.

He should have retired in '07, gotten probably the grandest send off in football history.

That way Joe could today hole up in a retirement condo, give smiles and peace signs to his visitors, and feign senility. Actually that's a great way to live at any age.

I'm not sure the timing of Gricar's disappearance (2005) jives with the Sandusky investigation (1998), but I will acknowlede that Ray had a good reputation as a stand-up, honest guy. I could imagine that something like this might help fuel the motivation for a suicide, but then again the timing is still a little off. Also, Gricar was the elected DA of Centre County for many years and had no aspirations for higher office. He never took it easy on the PSU football players in the past and I find it hard to envision him failing to prosecute Sandusky, or at least turning it over the the AG's office if he believed he had enough evidence to prosecute. We'll probably never know, but I think any connection is just speculation.

The real question here is why whouldn't PSU know that Sandusky was investigated for this very thing in 1998, when they heard of the child-rape in 2002?

Jets Insider VIP

And don't discount the possibility of some crazed alumni / booster, who knew what was going on and the damage that it could cause, deciding to off him either. Some of these nut jobs will cross any line.

With all that's gone on, I wouldn't discount any possibilities.

All Pro

And you were the one guy I thought might be able to avoid the "jump in and join the feeding frenzy" mentality.

Really, who needs courts when we can try cases on the interwebz? A yummy feast of hearsay, innuendo, and innacuracy repeated so many times it assumes credibility.

Here's the part I don't really get. Even if we cut McQueary some slack and say that unfortunately under pressure he came up very small in a big moment when he could have rescued a kid from a rape, the fact is 1 year or more down the road, he sees PSU did nothing about it. Why not report it to the police then? Why not at least go to Joe, or someone in the administration, and say "Why are we doing nothing about this child molestor in our midst?"

He came up small when it counted most and grew smaller over the years. Did he believe his silence was his ticket to a career coaching job?