Thread: Next year I want...

Next year I want...

A blocking TE that is not a waste of space (Mulligan/Hartsock). I think in my last 2 over 3 years of Jets mocks I've had them taking a blocking TE later in the draft but they ignore the position.

A safety with some range. I want someone that can get to the ball and make some plays. A Kerry Rhodes before he went insane.

A stud young WR. Yes, I want to draft one high. I want a young beast that has speed and can grow with the team long term.

And of course I want some olb pass rushers, plural. We don't have to spend a high pick if the right guy is not there but for gods sake at least draft some small school guys or something.

Good thing is we will have flexibility heading into the draft to address those needs, given that we don't have glaring weaknesses, though safety might be one area for improvement followed by WR and OLB - as you have pointed out.

Veteran
    I agree with all this, but I also want Tanny to draft an ILB (and I wouldn't complain if it was with a first or second round pick). It's time to start grooming Bart's replacement for 2013.

All Pro
    A few of my favorites for next year.

Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame (6'3" 225) - STUD.

Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama (5'10" 185) - Former star at Florida was busted for pot and kicked out of school. He shut down AJ Green when they played and has top 15 potential.

Kevin Zietler, G, Wisconsin (6'4" 315) - Run blocker with a mean streak. I think he can be a depth guy next year and take over for Moore in a year or two.

Michael Williams, TE, Alabama (6'6" 270) - A big, bruiser who is a good run blocker and has enough athletic ability to actually contribute in the passing game.

Travis Benjamin, WR, Miami (5'10" 185) - Track speed and surprisingly good WR skills for a guy who will be taken in the late rounds. I think his draft stock suffers from a run-first offense and erratic QB play at Miami. Might shoot up to the 4-5 range after the combine because he will run 4.35
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 11-10-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    I agree with all this, but I also want Tanny to draft an ILB (and I wouldn't complain if it was with a first or second round pick). It's time to start grooming Bart's replacement for 2013.
    +1

ILB is a way bigger need than blocking tight end. Same can be said for Safety. This really needs to be the last season we rely on scrubs like Leonhard and Eric Smith.

Thank God we passed on Pettigrew for Sanchez in 2009.

You can sign an effective blocking tight end for cheap on the FA.